Official Cricket 09/10 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amazing how effortless it has been for the English batsmen to score hundreds so far. How many hundreds have been had altogether this Ashes series for England?

I echo the sentiment that North and Doherty are hopeless.

pretty shit comment to be fair...just like the aussie bowlers

Eng should declare now - get out there and bowl once the rain stops

Should be 55/3 tonight

pretty shit comment to be fair...just like the aussie bowlers

Eng should declare now - get out there and bowl once the rain stops

Should be 55/3 tonight

Shall I be fair? You are a particularly unpleasant person when England are doing well. Only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.

What's the betting Doherty just inexplicably saved his spot in the Aussie team by getting Pietersen out a million runs too late?

Poms definitely want to win this by an innings. Bell/Prior going at it right now. How long until they declare; how much is enough?

Oh, well, evidently 5/620 is enough. There's the declaration!

England lead by 375. If they don't knock the Aussies over for that, they'll probably have only about 50 to chase.

don't leave us madforit, i enjoy your posts.

i didn't think it was possible for me to lost interest in the Ashes after one and a half tests, but it's happened.

and Dan i don't think your side would be doing any better to be honest.

How can you have lost interest? This game's been fantastic.

Going to be bullshit if Australia can salvage a draw thanks to rain though.

Looks like play's resumed (we of course have fucking Channel 9 news on here) ... and that England need a wicket quickly!

KP got a wicket!! :lol:

And what a massive wicket it could turn out to be. Broad looks to be injured for the final day so it's down to Jimmy, Swann and Finn to do the business. Really hope they can finish the job, will be heartbreaking to throw this away.

^ Hope the rain stays away. Need to see results either way.

Not that Aus have a snowballs chance in hell at pulling this off, but cricket needs results.

Also, North is in and has to face 4 balls from an offspinner first up, good luck! :lol: He's gotta go.

Australia's falling apart!

Bollinger nearly ended the game. He almost ran himself out - at the non-striker's end by inadvertently hitting a ball Siddle struck back down the pitch! It only just missed going onto the stumps.

Swann takes five and THAT'S IT! England win by an innings and 71 runs. If you'd predicted that five days ago, I'd have said you're crazy.

Surely, surely this is the wake-up call the Aussie selectors have needed for a good couple of years to get rid of some dead wood.

Cricinfo says this is the first time Australia has lost by an innings at home since 1993. Ouch, bit of a wound to the country's cricketing psyche today I think!

Axver said:
Swann takes five and THAT'S IT! England win by an innings and 71 runs. If you'd predicted that five days ago, I'd have said you're crazy.

Surely, surely this is the wake-up call the Aussie selectors have needed for a good couple of years to get rid of some%2

What is it with English offies and wearing sunnies while bowling?

Huge win for England in many more ways than one. We are fucking putrid.

Surely even Marcus North's grandmother wants him to be dropped.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

_50322628_scoreboard.jpg

_50322402_swann_fivefor_ap.jpg

THE STORM CLOUDS GATHER OVER THE FUTURE OF AUSSIE CRICKET

_50323292_lightning_getty766.jpg

Back
Top Bottom