Official Cricket 09/10 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You Aussies are too quiet for my liking today...

_48444446_catch.jpg

Pakistan dominate as Australia collapse at Headingley

Salman Butt enjoyed a dream first day at the helm as Pakistan built a 60-run lead after bowling out Australia for 88 on the opening day of the final Test.
Australia chose to bat but were 41-5 by the 17th over as Pakistan's three main seamers extracted prodigious movement.
Teenage left-armer Mohammad Aamer took 3-20 and Mohammad Asif 3-30, with Tim Paine last out having top scored on 17.
Butt shared an opening stand of 80 with Imran Farhat in reply as his side made 148-3 before bad light curtailed play.
Australia are 1-0 up in the two-match series and few could have expected their lowest Test total since 1984.

i didn't even know these tests were on actually but kudos to the Pakis. maybe this will convince the selectors to drop all the hacks in our side.

Yeah I flicked over to this last night...they were like 1/20 odd, then I switched over about an hour or two later and it was 8-70-odd. :Crazy:

:shrug: Totally lost interest in Cricket since Gilly retired, I reckon.

that's incredible.

incidentally i also now know that Sussex members enjoy "quietly supping our pints".

here's the West Indies XI, according to cricinfo:

Gordon Greenidge
Conrad Hunte
George Headley
Vivian Richards
Brian Lara
Garry Sobers
Jackie Hendriks
Malcolm Marshall
Michael Holding
Curtly Ambrose
Lance Gibbs

it's very ordinary given the nominations, in my opinion.

where the fuck is madforit?

England were 7-102 against the Pakis, and then Trott and STUART FUCKING BROAD FOR FUCKS SAKE put on 332 for the eight wicket.

they then rolled Pakistan for 74 and have them 4/41 in the second.

throw in pauline hanson and the melbourne victory and you'd have the best accident ever.

I saw on another board : "The John Butler Trio still don't hold a candle to Lynyrd Skynyrd" made me giggle.

Might as well put the Melbourne Heart in there as well, they're no good either.

Okay so i want to get into crickett but Test Matches are toooooooooooo long and tooooooo boring.

Twenty20 format it is then?

What does that mean, then, IPL all the way for me? is the IPL the premiere T20 league at this point? I just read an article that after only a few seasons it is valued at 30% of the English Premier League, which is hilarious and a very promising indicator.

Are there any other first-rate T20 leagues out there at the moment?

I find it remarkable how well crickett has adapted to the changing times over the years, imagine Major League Baseball saying in the 90s, "Okay yeah the games take four hours, we're only going to play 7 innings from now on."

There's also the "One Day Cricket" matches that go for 50 overs and have been around since the 1970's (I think).

T20, although exciting can be compared to having fast food.

Yeah, I'd champion ODI as the best form of cricket, requiring much of the thought of Tests but having a lot of the speed and quick-fire thrill of T20. Nothing beats a close ODI with five overs to go, 30 needed from 30, and 2 or 3 wickets in hand.

Tests may have the tradition, but as much as I love them ... if I could have just one form of cricket, it'd be ODIs.

That said, I think T20 is starting to come into its own now and is becoming more than just a slogfest. A good deal of talent on display now, especially as I think the bowlers are starting to find their place and rise to the challenge of just being slogged everywhere.

i still don't like t20 because it's so short, just when you're getting into it it's over. but that's from a perspective where i'm conditioned to longer cricket matches. if i were new to the game i'd probably be starting to like it.

There was this one-dayer between Australia and NZ in NZ where both teams managed 400+ runs. That was pretty awesome despite having not seen it.

test cricket shows ONCE AGAIN how you cannot beat it as the supreme form of the game. what a great test match. such a shame their fans have deserted it for maccas cricket.

Back
Top Bottom