Official Cricket 09/10 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
some big calls there, but good stuff. :up:

i saw "Steve Waugh" and "most valuable cricketer" and was going to start ranting about Sobers, but then i saw "modern era".

best captain in test history? i'd like to hear more from you.

Well he was. His record for one is unparalleled. people talk about the team he had, and sure, they were awesome, but what I mean re his record is his rediculously low number of draws. He always pushed results. Taylor and ponting with very similar teams cannot boast that record. He also had the amazing fields first over of the test where the only guy on the legside was Langer under the helmet.

Ricky Ponting?

:wink:

You make me laugh vlad..... or cry?

Well the Aussies won by 170-odd, and Johnson took 10 for the match, but that's nothing compared to the fact

Chris Martin made five and cover-drove Johnson for four!!!!!!!!!!

Am I missing something? Is Chris Martin supposed to be the worst batsman in International Cricket?

I can argue that even I could post a higher average, and I can barely swing a cricket bat properly. :wink:

Well, at least he's improving, it seems.

:laugh:

It's funny because he gets out the exact same way pretty much all the time.

it wouldnt be so bad if martin worked on his batting. McGrath was laughable at the start of his career, but he sought out steve waugh and subsequently scored a test 50.

Martin's attitude to batting is a key indication of the problems with NZ cricket at the moment. They aren't ruthless, and they are content being the cricketers that they are. Ross Taylor plays very well in patches, but they often look like the have the attitude of "I scored my runs in the first innings, isn't it someone else's turn? I've done my job".

to improve that though they'd have to lift their regime to a level that Steve Waugh! wo wo wo what is he good for had it at. to lift his average above 2 he'd have to focus a lot on batting.

world t20 is ok, at least people have genuine allegiances to their teams (except Eoin Morgan and KP). IPL is trash though.

Off to Auckland on Thursday. Anything I should do whilst there Een?

world t20 is ok, at least people have genuine allegiances to their teams (except Eoin Morgan and KP). IPL is trash though.

Off to Auckland on Thursday. Anything I should do whilst there Een?

go to auckland museum, its quality
better than Te Papa in welly

also chill out in Ponsonby and Parnell is the weather is ok

you should like it as there are not too many aussies there :wink:

in other news, why in god's name is there a t20 world cup every year?
p_dollar_sign_silver.jpg

Back
Top Bottom