Offical English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great results for the top 3 over the wknd. Giggsy scores again - legend. Stop pissing around UTD board, and give him the contract he wants.
Bloody Chelsea nicking it late on again. Liverpool should've had a penalty tho, when whats-his-name blatantly handballed in the box:mad:
No trouble for Arsenal - easy win. Game of the day - Spurs 5-2 Everton, which also contained ONE of the best goals of the day - Marneys superb drive from way outside the area.

I say ONE of the best goals, cos I was at the match where THE best was scored. Kevin Hill opening the scoring for Torquay. Hiding behind the keeper, after everyone else had dispersed from the area, waited for him to drop the ball, then nicked it from him and out it away! Lovely stuff!:wink:

Shame we lost the game:(

I think Dion Dublin did something similar with Shay Given sometime back. And a few years ago Andy Marriott was in goal for Brum City and Robbie Keane did exactly the same thing for Spurs.

I can't wait for the cup ties. Bolton will probably bring their reserves but what the hell.

Woo!! another win today!! Worrying News about Stu Elliott's cheekbone injury though - the guy should be back in 4-6 weeks but we'll probably be missing his goals.

Aardvark: Torquay lost 4-1 today against the team we beat 6-1. oh dear...

Aardvark747 said:

Liverpool should've had a penalty tho, when whats-his-name blatantly handballed in the box:mad:

Tiagooooo,
oh oh ohhhh,
Tiagooooo,
oh oh ohhhh,
He comes from Portugal,
He hates the Arsenal
Tiagooooo,
oh oh ohhhh,
Tiagooooo,
oh oh ohhhh,
He comes from Portugal,
He hates the Arsenal

I forsee a difficult game for Chelsea tomorrow night though against Middlesbrough.

Aardvark747 said:
Rooney is banned for the next 3 games. Which means he misses the crucial 3rd round F.A cup tie, the visit to Old Trafford of the legendary, Exeter. No Rooney, no Ruud no Saha and no Solskjaer.

....Just Giggs and Smith up-front then!:wink:

big money strike force and barely a striker to be found. :lol:

but allan smith is quite good so all is not lost.

Sweet Tart said:
big money strike force and barely a striker to be found. :lol:

...I know, awful situation. And im a little worried about the spurs game tonight. They are on form right now (I did say Spurs didnt I?:scratch:)
We do really have to win every game now, to stand any chance. A draw would be bad - a defeat, terrible.

YAY!!! WE WON!!!! :hyper:

arse game was a draw and man utd LOST....or at least that's what should have happened. :wink:

and they said we were lucky against liverpool. :scratch:

Last edited:
Ur right Sweet Tart. We should've lost that game. That was a blatant goal, and should be the final piece of evidence the F.A need for bringing in video replays during a game. Spurs were denied a victory as a result of bad officiating.
As for Roy Carroll with the ball slipping over his shoulder and in...WTF R U DOING!!??

Oh well, at least Arsenal drew too. The title is Chelsea's.
Congratulations - well bought Roman....:madspit:

The title isn't Chelsea's yet.

The season I began watching football Newcastle had a 12 point lead eradicated.

That was a pretty stunning collapse, considering the first 5-0 thumping I ever witnessed was Man United at St. James'.

I'm looking forward to the Cup. I may not be able to catch Yeading-Newcastle :(, but I think we've got a fair shot at Bolton Reserves, and some of the other clashes look intriguing as well.

yertle-the-turtle said:

The season I began watching football Newcastle had a 12 point lead eradicated.

That was a pretty stunning collapse, considering the first 5-0 thumping I ever witnessed was Man United at St. James'.

I admit....I cried at the end of that game. Then got throughly pissed to drown my sorrows!

Aardvark747 said:
Oh well, at least Arsenal drew too. The title is Chelsea's.
Congratulations - well bought Roman....:madspit:

someone sounds a wee bit bitter :wink:

it's a long way to the end of the season but i truly hope your right.

Last edited:
Inter Milan after Giggs....AGAIN! Jeez dont they know when to give up! 10 yrs they've been pursuing his ass! And they dont even have Paul Ince to lure him there anymore!:wink:

Chelsea will win the title because of the mighty Robben

yes

I don't like it either
but there's no use pretending otherwise

your just bitter cause you could have had him and man utd screwed up and lost him to us. :wink:

oh well you still have c. ronaldo :lmao:

Liverpool game cancelled tonight due to the weather but regardless of this we turn our attention to the cup this weekend.
Anybody prepared to stick their necks out, possibly look very silly and predict an upset?
I'm going with Sheffield United to beat Aston Villa. Villa's recent form is awful and I think they've gone out at the third round for the last couple of year's if memory serves me right.
I'd give anything to see Exeter beat Cheating Man United but I don't think it very likely.
Plymouth to beat Everton anyone?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom