Offical English Footy Discussion Thread - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2004, 11:07 AM   #91
Refugee

Local Time: 09:21 PM
Stoke at home.. not a bad draw at all! Some really good ties tho Man u and Chelsea will both stroll into next round

Old 12-05-2004, 06:18 PM   #92
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Princey
We got Colchester...first time we've been in the third round for a long time, i was hoping we'd at least get a top chamionship side. ah well, there's still the 4th round for that i suppose...
I wouldn't mind Colchester, personally. Histon would have been amusing as hell, but they got knocked out. Or Ipswch Wanderers. That day would come. Anyway, it's not a fun draw for you, but if you get past that who knows?

Yeading-Newcastle will be fun. As will Man U-Exeter.

Don't you just love non-league v. premier league pairings?

I remember we took on Dagenham & Redbridge some years ago as a top flight side and everyone wanted us to lose.

Old 12-06-2004, 02:00 AM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:21 PM
Cant believe we've got Exeter!! Fantastic news! Torquay are my 2nd team, so Exeter are our deadliest rivals

Cristiano Ronaldo proved how good he is again in the game against Southampton on Saturday. Great player. (Now if only he can turn all those chances into goals in the next game!)
Old 12-06-2004, 05:39 AM   #94
War Child

Never thought I'd see the line..'Exeter are are dealiest rivals' . Too Funny.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:30 AM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Tizer
Never thought I'd see the line..'Exeter are are dealiest rivals' . Too Funny.

I know! Torquay v Exeter, even more of a bitter derby than Rangers v Celtic!
Old 12-07-2004, 01:31 AM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

Good luck to Arsenal tonight against Rosenborg. Everyones talking about "what if they dont qualify for the 2nd round"? I really cant see them getting anything less than a win in this game. It's at Highbury, and Rosenborg havent won any of their 5 games in this tournament - so Arsenal certainly go into the match with everything in their favour.
Looks like Almunia is gonna start in Goal for them. Still not sure about him, but I dont think anyones been sure about an Arsenal stopper since Seaman.
No Vieira tonight, so that should see a central midfield of Fabregas and Flamini - who are both fantastic young players, so that should be interesting.
Pires and Ljungberg on the wings with Henry and Bergkamp up front - and they look pretty unstoppable. But we all know their dodgy Euro form.
I personally think they'll win. Maybe just 1 or 2 nil tho, then they'll come alive in the knockout stages.

As for Chelsea's game in Porto, they dont need to win of course - but that wont stop Jose putting out a full-strength team against his old club.
I hope they give em' a thrashing, just to show the idiot Porto fans who turned on Mourinho in the last game, and who are, apparently, gonna be 'looking out for him again'. Knobs. 0-4 win for Chelsea, just to keep their current scoring rate going!
Old 12-07-2004, 08:51 AM   #97
Refugee

Local Time: 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark747

As for Chelsea's game in Porto, they dont need to win of course - but that wont stop Jose putting out a full-strength team against his old club.
I hope they give em' a thrashing, just to show the idiot Porto fans who turned on Mourinho in the last game, and who are, apparently, gonna be 'looking out for him again'. Knobs. 0-4 win for Chelsea, just to keep their current scoring rate going!
we will give them a thrashing and with our reserves as well and then on to absolutely kill arse on saturday.

and just cause i didnt get around to posting it earlier. YAY to kez for scoring his first EPL goal last weekend. it's about time
Old 12-07-2004, 08:52 AM   #98
Refugee

also....

*keeps fingers crossed for rosenberg to knock arse clear outta the champions league tonight.*

good luck to psv tongiht as well
Old 12-07-2004, 02:05 PM   #99
Refugee

i'm not saying anything anymore cause both chelsea and psv lost and arse won.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:49 PM   #100
The Fly

Local Time: 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sweet Tart
i'm not saying anything anymore cause both chelsea and psv lost and arse won.

Old 12-08-2004, 01:23 AM   #101
Blue Crack Addict

I think Jose was very annoyed by that defeat. Much more than the one against Man City.
So Arsenal are through then, let's see if they can turn it on in the next round.
Tonight:-

Fenerbache 1-3 UTD
Old 12-08-2004, 01:32 AM   #102
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:21 AM
I stayed up to watch the Arsenal match but I got a bit too tired (hey it was 4 am) and I decided to go to bed early in the second half.

Fabregas' goal was brilliant.

And why isn't Stuart Taylor getting a game? Lehmann's a liability and everyone thought after those blinding games Stuart played several seasons ago he'd be Seaman's long term replacement. Taylor's about 25 now I think and I doubt it'll be long before he leaves Highbury and in Matthew Upson fashion prove Wenger wrong.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:37 AM   #103
Blue Crack Addict

Glenn Hoddle has been given a 6 month contract to manage Wolves.
So see you punditing back on SKYsports in half a year then Glenn.

More promising tho is Harry Redknapp on the verge of taking over Southampton. That can only be good for them. And he's good enough to keep them up this season, and start work on re-building the squad in the summer.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:58 AM   #104
Blue Crack Addict

Fantastic nite for Liverpool then! Brilliant 2nd half too. I turned over to watch that game, rather than watch UTD's kids getting stuffed!
I still dont think they're gonna progress pass the 2nd round (Liverpool that is) but it's good having 4 English teams qualifying. Makes a change.
Gerrards goal was a beauty too. I think we will see him quite for pastures new come the summer tho.

As for the UTD game. Well, it was a game we didnt have to win, so Fergie fielded a very young side to give the seniors a break.
But the way Fenerbache celebrated, you'd have thought they'd just won the fuckin cup! Even tho they're out now!

Note to Fenerbache and the Fans:- I dont know if you noticed, but there was no Rooney/Giggs/Van Nistelrooy/Keane/Scholes/Ferdinand/G.Neville/Heinze....dont get too carried away!
Maybe we'll see you next year - better luck qualifying then!
Old 12-09-2004, 10:45 AM   #105
Refugee

Local Time: 02:21 PM
HUGE game this weekend with Arsenal and Chelsea. I'm going to go ahead and predict a 3-2 win for the Blues.