Offical English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but today's round of fixtures look boring as hell

Birmingham vs. Southampton has 0-0 written all over it

Fulham and Aston Villa are dull, dull teams to watch

City against Newcastle looks good on paper, admittedly, as does Everton v. Norwich

Blackburn will play in front of what seems like five people at Ewood Park with 11 men behind the ball and try and bore the heck out of Robben

am still gutted about Arsenals abject 2nd half performance against the mancs. Truly shocking. Really need a new goalie and centre half. And sell Vieira to Madrid. not half the player he used to be!

Would love to see Chelski win league instead of Man U...

blackburn are nothing but a bunch of thugs and nothing would please me more if they got relegated.

they kicked us all over the park yesterday. dickov kicking cech twice was just horrible and i really wished that terry would have punched him as that was the least he deserved. and savage was playing dirtier than ever. that tackle on duffer was disgusting.

the ref must have been blind ot just wanted to see us get the snot kicked outta us because he only gave 4 yellows and 2 of them were to us. he should be fined for not keep control of the game. and people bitch about us getting all teh good calls from the refs...well not that night.

and what a celebration at the end. the guys all throwing their jerseys into the away stands. great team spirit and appriciation for their fans.

and i'm truly sad to see robben out injured. i really hope its nothing to serious and he;ll be beack in a few weeks. we should be getting carvalho back soon and hopefully the groin injury to drogba isn't too bad.

and congrats to our fantabulous goalkeeper petr cech for breaking the record for most time played without conceding a league goal. he beat the last one by 80 minutes so far. hopefully he can keep that streak going for as long as possible.

GO CHELSEA!!!!!! :dance: :dance:

Sweet Tart, hmm.. Chelsea fans aren't normally my fav. people in the world, but since you got a wee little Irish guy playing on the wing for you, I really do hope you pip Manure for the title since Arsenal are not going to win it this year...

Party Boy said:
Sweet Tart, hmm.. Chelsea fans aren't normally my fav. people in the world, but since you got a wee little Irish guy playing on the wing for you, I really do hope you pip Manure for the title since Arsenal are not going to win it this year...

thanks...i hope we beat manure too....sorry aardvark:shrug: :angel:

and i :heart: our wee little irish guy. awwwww duffer :cute:

also i wish all this crap regarding ashley cole would just die off. it's so stupid. and the person who suposedly saw them was a hotel employee who is a gooner fan. am i surprised...i think not :rolleyes:

well, seemingly there was another person who saw him also with Kenyon (I really dislike Kenyon!) and Mourinho. Wish Cole would come out and say something. Its one of those situations that could easily be resolved with a simple statement. Longer it goes without any word, the more it becomes clear that something did happen which is what Wenger has indicated.

Anyways, one player doesnt make a team, unless your Henry!!

Birmingham at home for us today - I really hope we wallop em'. Then i'm convinced we'll go unbeaten (draw with Chelsea) for the rest of the season, and finish nicely in 2nd place.

Unless of course, these Ashley Cole 'tapping up' allegations become something bigger, and Chelsea get deducted points. That will bring both ourselves AND Arsenal back into play.
There seems to be a lot of evidence springing up right now regarding this matter, so Arsenal would be silly not to lodge a complaint to the FA.
Cole shouldnt escape scot free tho, but I imagine that he'd be 'ticked off' behind closed doors.

Even if Cole was tapped up, I really cant see FA ever deducting 10 points, esp off a club like Chelsea and esp when it would have such an impact on the league... plus it might give Man U a bigger chance of winning league again and am not sure I want that!!!!

Party Boy said:
Even if Cole was tapped up, I really cant see FA ever deducting 10 points, esp off a club like Chelsea and esp when it would have such an impact on the league... plus it might give Man U a bigger chance of winning league again and am not sure I want that!!!!

:wink:

No...never 10 points, but 4 seems to be floating around at the moment.
Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

I'd really like to see Palace stay up. I think Dowie's a great manager, and has been great for the club. Sadly, I can't see it happening, and when they go, they'll no doubt lose their best player, Andy Johnson.

Ashley Cole on the scoresheet aswell!

I hope all today's papers are false, as they all seem to be convinced that Cole will switch to Chelsea in the summer.
I really think he should stay. The fans are gonna eat him alive if he goes! They've watched him come up thru the ranks and develop into a great young player, and they'd hate to see someone like that go - just for the sake of an extra few grand a week.
So the way things are going, we could see Gerrard, Cole and possibly Owen moving to Chelsea in the summer...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom