Off to the desert to dismantle an atomic bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrush

War Child
Well not really....but to have some fun for sure.

Im off to phoenix tomorrow afternoon to visit my best friend and we are going to do alot of stuff including going to a mets game and going out to california. Ive never been to cali, but I hear its great. we are going to a baseball game there too as well as going on the Tonight Show, and going to Disney.

My question is to anyone who has ever been there....................what is something we should aim to do?

we want to maximize our time and are open to any suggestions?

lil help!!

Universal Studios is good, But if your going to disneyland try to make some time to see California Adventure and stay at night for the fireworks

I think the Disney fireworks are only Fri-Sunday until "summer" (or school's out).

You can always go to Hollywood and see Grauman's Chinese Theater and the Kodak Theater next door... Sounds like you already have plenty to do

Sorry I don't have any suggestions on what to do in Cali since Im on the East Coast. But I wanted to wish you a great trip :). Does sound though like you have a pretty full schedule already!

TheBrush, I've been to California and my favorite parts were driving to Vegas from LA in a convertable

and

driving up the PCH from LA to San Fran - breath taking views

Lila64 said:
I think the Disney fireworks are only Fri-Sunday until "summer" (or school's out).

You can always go to Hollywood and see Grauman's Chinese Theater and the Kodak Theater next door... Sounds like you already have plenty to do

The fireworks are every night I can hear them :wink:

The Griffith Park Observatory, J Paul Getty Museum both not far from Universal. I'm not sure if Griffith Park has re-opened to the public yet. The website says 2006, it's not specific :huh: It's very cool though.

Santa Monica pier might be fun if you want to hit a beach.

When you get here I suggest picking up the calendar section of the LA times there might be a concert or festival you can catch.

If you want to see celebrities try eating at The Ivy.

Thank so so much everyone.

And Numb....Im going to see our Mets!!!

Well he has a computer out there, so I will check to remind myself of all this helpful hints you guys and gals have dropped.

Yes it is a very full trip. Last year I went out there and we went to Both U2 concerts, Vegas, The Hoover Dam, The Grand Canyon, Saw George Carlin, Went to a ballgame, Phoenix Zoo, just to name a few. I doubt I will be able to top that but we certainly have a lot planned.

And thanks BonosBaby for the well wishes.

Well since im leaving in a bit......I should probably start packing, haha.

Numb1075 said:
TheBrush, I've been to California and my favorite parts were driving to Vegas from LA in a convertable

and

driving up the PCH from LA to San Fran - breath taking views

Sounds awesome....But I wonder if Vinny will let me get that close to his Mazada 3 with a saw to create a convertable....................

You can meet the BAWS and DeadMansParty at a cool OC bar...

I'm sure redkat would join us as well; I'll toast a drink in the direction of your Grandpa!

let us know. have a great trip nonetheless.....

sounds good TheBrush - you better not jinx the mets and let me know how the pool is out there in right field.

martha said:
You could take the super-duper-duper long way from Phoenix to LA and go through Death Valley. :D

Last year we drove from Vegas to Tahoe through Death Valley. My God, gorgeousness! I'd love to go back sometime.

My brother is going to LA over the 4th of July weekend and I'd go along but I'm in Europe for the summer.

Well I made it here. I stayed up until 4 am here, or 7 am my time, so Im already used to the time change!

Mr. BAW said:
You can meet the BAWS and DeadMansParty at a cool OC bar...

I'm sure redkat would join us as well; I'll toast a drink in the direction of your Grandpa!

let us know. have a great trip nonetheless.....

That is an awesome offer, and seeing how my buddy wants to check out the bars anyway that is a strong possibility. I have only met two interferencers until this point!

He is at work now (last day before his vacation). I will ask him later tonight because he knows our plans better than I at this point.

I do know we will be out there late tuesday through saturday.

Sorry for the delay on getting back to you. We would absolutely love to grab a brew with you.

We are heading out there Tomorrow afternoon and will be staying there until saturday night.

My Email is tracz82@adelphia.net

By the way trip is going great. We went to the movies my first day in (Xmen 3, we both waited to see it since we were both fans since being youngsters). We also hit up a few bars the first few nights...lol

We also went to the Mets game to see Pedro pitch on sunday and I was quite happy with the results....15-2 METS!!!

We are going to go shopping in scottsdale today.

Oh yea and a weather report.........108 degrees, nice and warm :wink:

Heading out now, not sure if we will be able to check the site/email......not sure if the hotel we are at will have it.

Thanks for the offer though!!!!!

pm me or martha with details of where you'll be and when you can play....I will tell you know that Friday and Sat. are out; we'll be in Hollywood Friday night (where might you be?) and then San Diego all day Saturday...

pm me with ur cell #'s...Weds. and Thurs. nites are open ..

Rick
Mr. BAW

not a premium member so I can't PM ya, thats why i threw the email addy in........we are in Santa Monica now.......being unproductive, but its a vacation so we are allowed. We would be in the OC area tomorrow!!

I will try to check this by tomorrow morning again, but seeing I can't participate in the PM thing (outgoing at least) Im not sure if it will work......

Let me know, by either PM (I think I can receive them) or by email.

Thanks again....

Dan

Mr. The Brush and his traveling friend are sleeping on my couch! WTF !! :yikes:

JK...after a good night of drinking and talking and smooshing, we're all one happy family...they understand the OC hospitality! :up:

yep! good guy that Brush...:lol: we took plenty of pics last night; I'll post some after coffee and breakfast...

We actually get to see TheBrush's pic! :yes:

L/R - Mr. BAW, Vinny, BAW, TheBrush and redkat... a night at Slide-Bar in Fullerton, OC...

34736%3A475%7Ffp33%3A%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E73%3A%3E%3A97%3EWSNRCG%3D3233846%3A32%3B23nu0mrj

BAW, TheBrush and redkat

34736%3A49%3A%7Ffp33%3A%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E73%3A%3E%3A97%3EWSNRCG%3D32338469%3C5%3C%3A8nu0mrj

TheBrush, DMP (Ricky) and Vinny

34736%3A4%3B%3A%7Ffp346%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E73%3A%3E%3A97%3EWSNRCG%3D3233846%3A38%3C25nu0mrj

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom