Off to see Pearl Jam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hewson

Blue Crack Supplier
Off to the first of 2 nights of PJ at the FleeceCenter, should be plenty of Anti-W sentiment from EdVed.
Keep that new guy the Edge in line for me tonight while I'm at the show.

have fun...

I bought tickets to see Dave and Ben Harper at Penn State. I am not going to be able to go, so instead I am going to the Show in DC.

PJ, Bruce, REM. I'll stop there...

Concert was great, can't wait to do it again tonight. Ed didn't mention W or the election directly (he's supposedly saving that for the actual VFC shows), but he did bring up Howard Zinn, who said "Stop the war!"
Did a searing cover of Dylan's "Masters of War" in the "acoustic" section of the set.
Tim Robbins' band Gob Roberts opened, not actually that bad, but still a bit of a novelty act. Death Cab for Cutie was, well, a bit blah...not much energy and excitement on stage with them.
April...Bruce should be on fire (pun intended) Saturday, I was sitting next to a guy who is flying out today for that show.

i SAW PJ in Vancouver, they weren't that bad but they were nothing compared to what they were back in the hay day, however, either way, you will have a good time.

isabelle_guns said:
i SAW PJ in Vancouver, they weren't that bad but they were nothing compared to what they were back in the hay day, however, either way, you will have a good time.

Couldn't disagree more. Pearl Jam is one of the best live bands today. Their setlist mixture and performances are phenomenal, especially on the 2003 tour. They sound much better than they did in their early shows, more mature and experienced. And their songs are still amazing - they're full with power and sorrow at the same time(Present Tense, In My Tree, Love Boat Captain, All or None, Parting Ways, Insignificance...)

Wow the 2nd night blew the first night away. "Alone" for the first time in 10yrs, covered "I got a Feeling" for the first time in 10 yrs. Just blew the roof of the FleeceCenter.
Repeated only 3 songs from Tues night.

isabelle_guns said:
I'll have to disagree with you as well Isabelle, I've now seen them 14 times dating back to 1994, and last night ranks as either #1 or #2 of those shows (tough call between that and the Orpheum Theater show in 1994).
This band just brings it to the table (stage) every night and you never know what to expect.

Hewson

I was at the tuesday night show also, but had to leave a bit early to catch the last commuter rail train home! I was so mad I had to go! Do you remeber what songs were played after betterman?

isabelle_guns said:

hmmm....not so sure about that....I have been a huge PJ fan since the day Ten came out. I have only seen them 3 times, but they have blown me away each and every time.

brkngrrl said:
Hewson

I was at the tuesday night show also, but had to leave a bit early to catch the last commuter rail train home! I was so mad I had to go! Do you remeber what songs were played after betterman?
After Betterman they played "Bleed For Me" (a Dead Kennedys cover), "Blood", then they left stage, Eddie came back out put the house lights on, did a little speech about the West Memphis Three, then they closed with "Alive" with the lights on.

Back
Top Bottom