Of the two most frequent symptoms of the common cold, which would you rather suffeR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

"Hey new Bruce, are you a poofter? Cor, we'll havta call ya Bruce to avoid confusion"

• I'd prefer to have a runny nose.

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • I'd rather have the sore throat.

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • I love being in pain when I swallow, and I love snot constantly dripping. Wat u on abt

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

cobl04

45:33
Well??
What would you rather?
A snivelling, runny, crusty, blocked nose?
OR
A dry, annoying, itchy, terribly sore throat?

I can never seem to make up my mind. Ever. When I have a sore throat, I say the nose because at least then I can eat, but then when I have the whole kafozzle with the nose, I'd definitely take the sore throat, this is killing me.

I think I've finally decided though, I'll take the sore throat, so long as it's not tooooo bad. This nose business is driving me insane. The outsides of my nose feel like sandpaper.

Last edited:
Sore throat for me. I can't take decongestants because they drive my blood pressure up and make my heart race so the congestion is harder to take for me. Plus generally a sore throat doesn't keep me awake/wake me up at night like not being able to breathe does so I can get some sleep and get over it faster. And I find cough drops or sore throat spray/lozenges help with the throat -- and I can take those.

Well??
What would you rather?
A snivelling, runny, crusty, blocked nose?
OR
A dry, annoying, itchy, terribly sore throat?

I can never seem to make up my mind. Ever. When I have a sore throat, I say the nose because at least then I can eat, but then when I have the whole kafozzle with the nose, I'd definitely take the sore throat, this is killing me.

I think I've finally decided though, I'll take the sore throat, so long as it's not tooooo bad. This nose business is driving me insane. The outsides of my nose feel like sandpaper.

Holy format Batman!

I went with sore throat cus mucus in all it's varied forms is disgusting :yuck:

omg sore throat is the worst thing EVER.
I woke up this morning feeling like shit. Sore throat, back ache, no energy :(
I would rather have a runny nose, or even a cough, or even a stomach ache than a sore throat.

ok.. crappy timing for me re: this thread...:sigh:

I really can't say when I am dealing with frigging Bronchitis right now. :grumpy:

I'll get back to ya when I am over this thing...

omg sore throat is the worst thing EVER.

Agreed. Usually when I have a cold coming on, my throat will get dry and scratchy, which is tolerable. But a sore throat? The worst.

Luckily, I don't usually get a real sore throat with a cold - but I've had strep, and I wanted to die.

Thank god for Tylenol with codeine and living close enough to the Canadian border that I can go across and buy a bottle every few years. :wink:

ok.. crappy timing for me re: this thread...:sigh:

I really can't say when I am dealing with frigging Bronchitis right now. :grumpy:

I'll get back to ya when I am over this thing...

Me too, in the midst of the worst head cold ever, but it's the sore throat that's REALLY killing me. I can deal with the stuffy nose

I must say I'm surprised at the number of those going for runny nose... I've had them both now, and while the sore throat sucked, the runny nose made my head feel like a log filled with mucus that wouldn't stop dripping, my head was stuffed, eyes kept watering, using tissues as if they were sandpaper...

i love being in pain when i swallow...

:evil:

get back to me when you work that one out danny :sexywink:

:shh: but i think i got it

those threads are more than just train talk.

looking to drop a purity point or two this weekend.

Having just gotten over the worst of the cold I have, I have to say bring on the runny nose.............the sore throat was horrid and wouldn't want to go through it again

I'm amazed that people would actually choose having a sore throat over having some snots. It is horrible when it feels like you have a porcupine stuck down there.

Ok but what if it was like only semi sore. Like bearable... would you still take a runny nose over it?

Still amazing to think that people used to die of these things.

Fun fact! :nerd: Do you know that you can never get the same cold twice? Your body makes antibodies which fight off a current cold, and then you can never get it again, only a different one.

Are you developing a herpe on your upper lip, Laz?

LoveAndDeath10.jpeg

Ugh, I'd really rather have neither since when I get a cold, I get slammed with both of them to the extreme. :(
But I guess if I had to choose, I'd choose the runny nose 'cause it's not something I'm exactly unfamiliar with when it comes to allergies! I can deal with a runny nose, I can't deal with a sore throat, that's the kinda crap that keeps me awake the entire night.

i love being in pain when i swallow...

:evil:

get back to me when you work that one out danny :sexywink:

pervy:wink:

I'd rather have a sore throat, so long as I didn't have that tickly choking thing that goes with it. I constantly have a drippy nose cos of hayfever/sinus issues so anything extra is unbearable.

Try the Kleenex Aloe Vera tissues. They are like a gift from god :shh:

Well since I have a cold at the moment a runny nose.

Sore throats = not much talking, and that almost kills me
As I do quite alot of talking :giggle:

I think I'll go with sore throat too, so long as it's not too bad. I'd rather have some discomfort on swallowing than not being able to breathe thru a crusty stopped up nose. Plus, I think for me it's easier to take the discomfort away from a sore throat than from a stopped up nose.

But, I'd just rather not be sick, period.

Back
Top Bottom