Of all the candy canes produced world wide...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
what % do you think are actually eaten?

or stored away with the Xmas decorations for 10 yrs?

or simply tossed in the trash on January 29th?

I don't think I've ever seen someone eat one.

They're dangerous for kids.

They always suck them into razor sharp points.

Then try and stab their siblings with them:shh:

Last edited:
Ahh sometimes they don't even last til Christmas day on our tree:wink:

We eat 'em fast:drool:

i ate three candy canes at work yesterday. i love them. they're crunchy. it's marshmallows that make me mad, always showing up everywhere and ruining everything.

:angry:

Sicy said:
I used them to make peppermint bark today :drool:

ok, you've mentioned peppermint bark so many times now that i just have ask what it is.

I like candy canes on occasion. They end up in the bin most of the time, however.

bonosgirl84 said:
i ate three candy canes at work yesterday. i love them. they're crunchy. it's marshmallows that make me mad, always showing up everywhere and ruining everything.

:angry:

ok, you've mentioned peppermint bark so many times now that i just have ask what it is.

http://images.google.com/images?q=peppermint+bark&hl=en

White or/and milk/dark chocolate with peppermint bits all over it. :drool:

Except I made the biggest mess ever in my kitchen when I went to break up the bark.

Peppermint pieces went flying everywhere :crack:

Sicy said:
Except I made the biggest mess ever in my kitchen when I went to break up the bark.

Peppermint pieces went flying everywhere :crack:

I want to make some! What recipe did you use?

Sicy said:
I used them to make peppermint bark today :drool:

Mmmmmmmmmmm I want some!!!! That is a good idea, Sicy....I am at my sister's in Portland and after putting up a tree we are gonna bake so maybe we will make some.

I eat candycanes every year. I like to crush them and put it on ice cream or sprinkle over whip cream in hot cocoa or coffee drinks. I use them to decorate too. AND I admit to storing them year after year in a zip loc in the Xmas boxes....I have some very old ones! :ohmy:

Carek1230 said:

AND I admit to storing them year after year in a zip loc in the Xmas boxes....I have some very old ones! :ohmy:

Here's a question...do they ever go bad or do they have a shelf life of like forever? :shrug:

I'm making peppermint bark and lemon shortbread cookies today. They are gifts for my husband's co-workers. I will not be using peppermints that are years old, at least I don't think they are. :wink:

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:

We used to do that on the school bus. :laugh:

That is a good recipe.... We used the chocolate chips...

Candy Canes are so good!!! When I was in elementary they would give us peppermint candy before a major test (FCAT for the Florida people who know:| ) they said it stimulated the brain and helped us concentrate!

MrBrau1 said:

hey, YOU are MY sibling....(feels slow recollection of repressed memory)....so that's where all those little scars are from.
explains the glass eye, also.:ohmy:
stupid candy canes.

bonosgirl84 said:
it's marshmallows that make me mad, always showing up everywhere and ruining everything.

:lol: I HATE MARSHMALLOWS!!!

As a kid I was the only one who left the damns things in the milk after I ate my lucky charms.

And Peeps scare the shit out of me. I mean how does one digest such a thing?

I have a good candy cane tale to tell.

When I was 16 I was innocently decorating our Christmas tree with my mother. She left the room to get more decorations. I got hungry and figured what the heck I would eat one of the candy canes she was hanging on the tree. I happily open it up and start sucking on it. My mom comes back in the room and sees me sucking away. She asks me in this really weird voice "Where did you get the candy cane from?" I told her out of the box with all the others. She looked like this :eek: Then she told me in a whisper that it was like at least 10 years old! D'oh! :lol: One year many years before she bought a bunch of candy canes and put them on the tree. No one ever ate them so she took them off and put them back in the box and put them in the attic for the next year to use as decorations. She had been pulling them out ever since and no one even knew. So I figured heck it had the wrapper on still, it wouldn't kill me. They get rather chewy though after all that time. :giggle:

So it became a family Christmas decorating tradition to watch Russty creep everybody out by eating a really old chewy candy cane. :lol: :drool:

My mom who is the coolest about fun stuff like that bought me a box of candy canes when I bought my first house and there was a note on the box that we could not eat them for at least ten years that they had to go get nice and chewy in our attic. We have one more year to go before we get to open them up and share the tradition with our two kids about eating the really old candy canes. :heart: Now thats Christmas! :lmao:

I'd say 4.8333% are actually eaten....

Marshmallows:up:
Peeps:drool: , but only 1 (2 max), they are a dentists wet dream:|

Back
Top Bottom