Odd things you see while sitting at a traffic light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
Yesterday afternoon I drove to downtown Atlanta to meet a friend for lunch. As I was sitting at the traffic light a Chevy truck pulled up in the lane next to me. I had to take a double take at the truck because I have never seen anything like this in person. It had signs all over it staying "BIOHAZARD MATERIALS: CRIME SCENE, TRAUMA CLEAN UP." Normally I would not have been bothered by this truck but since I saw Insominac With Dave Attell a few weeks ago, I knew what business that truck represented and the knowledge of that made me quickly made me lose any interest in eating lunch. :crack: :barf:

They clean up crime scenes. When there is a death, murder, suicide they are called out to take care of the clean up of human blood, fluids, etc. The people in that truck normally are the ones who are cleaning up that mess. It is a job and someone has to do it but the thought that there might have been biohazard in the back of that truck made me sick.

one time i was driving home with my daughter, traffic was slow. i passed an accident scene when someone was JUST covering up a dead body. daisy saw it before i could tell her to look away or cover her eyes. that night she had a bad reaction. now she ducks or looks away when i tell her there's an accident scene coming up.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
They clean up crime scenes. When there is a death, murder, suicide they are called out to take care of the clean up of human blood, fluids, etc. The people in that truck normally are the ones who are cleaning up that mess. It is a job and someone has to do it but the thought that there might have been biohazard in the back of that truck made me sick.

For the right person, that job pays well!

U2democrat said:
I unfortunately see couples making out alot at stoplights. :yuck: Sometimes they keep sitting there when the light turns green so someone has to honk.

hmm. . . they probably need some biohazard clean up if it's that bad. . .

Seeing people at traffic lights make-out should make me happy, but as long as I'm single and desperately in the mood for love, I find it annoying.

'tis the season to make love, not war. Ehhh, rubbish!

Returning the topic, I once saw a crazy man crossing the street, and he started directing traffic. Nobody paid attention to him, but you could tell everyone was laughing. That was an enlightening moment.

I never see anything interresting like this at stop lights (even if it would freak me out, too). I seem to have a knack for pulling up next to people and looking over at them just as they happen to be sticking their finger up their nose. :|

I can't recall seeing anything too interesting, however, myself and a bunch of friends used to have to change out of our school clothes into our leotards (which also does require putting on a sports bra) in the backseat of a minivan between school and the gym. We only had about 5 minutes, with redlights, to do it. I'm sure it looked odd (or maybe....good....) to everyone else on the road, but when school ends and gymnastics begins at the same time, you gotta screw modesty :shrug:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I had to take a double take at the truck because I have never seen anything like this in person. It had signs all over it staying "BIOHAZARD MATERIALS: CRIME SCENE, TRAUMA CLEAN UP."

You know, with my luck I wouldn't just see that truck beside me at a stop light, I'd be involved in a werch with the damned thing. :huh:

While sitting inside the store at the car wash today I was looking at all the merchandise you could buy for your car. One of them was a "Bodily Fluids Disposal Kit" right beside the First Aid kits. Now I get it. :|

A couple of years ago, my friend and I once saw Elvis at a stop light. Vegas Elvis, but not dressed in the jumpsuit; in the pink Cadilliac, except it was painted red.

I kid you not.

Back
Top Bottom