October...and the scariest horror film of all time is? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2004, 04:58 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Catman
I'm more of a "psychological"-type horror buff. Films like "Rosemary's Baby" and "Session 9" get to me more than the splatter-fests reminiscent in "Friday the 13th."
Same here. Give me a psychological thriller like The Silence of the Lambs any day.

Old 10-28-2004, 10:59 PM   #47
War Child

Local Time: 04:32 PM
Speaking of The Shining...check this out: http://www.angryalien.com/0504/shiningbunnies.html

Here's The Exorcist: http://www.angryalien.com/0204/exorcistbunnies.html

Alien: http://www.angryalien.com/0704/alienbunnies.html

Jaws: http://www.angryalien.com/0804/jawsbunnies.asp

Old 05-17-2005, 06:19 PM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life

To this day, if I see one second of either Poltergeist II or The Ring, I will start a crying jag that will not cease for over an hour. I promise.

The Exorcist I don't mind, and I watch The Shining everytime it's on cable. Blair Witch Project scared the shit out of me the first couple times I saw it, but bought the DVD and it became like the Breakfast Club to me. Granted, I haven't gone near it in years though. We rented The Grudge the other night, but I walked out of the room after 20 mins b/c it wasn't worth me having insomnia for a week.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:53 PM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by maro_chik

"The Shinning? Don't you mean 'The Shining'?"
"SHH! Do you wanna get sued?!"

No reading my mind between four and five. That's Willie's time.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:33 PM   #50
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41
"Poltergeist" gave me nightmares for a very long time. So did "Poltergeist II."

"Nightmare on Elm Street" was pretty scary--he gets you when you sleep!!

"The Sixth Sense" and "Signs" were the most recent ones to keep me up.
Yeah!!! Scary sh*t!!!

For me also: Blair Witch, Stephen King's It, the Ring, and Thriller video...

Old 05-17-2005, 09:47 PM   #51
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:32 PM
Michael Jackson taking off his fake face and showing his real one when he's a zombie pretty funny stuff
Old 05-17-2005, 10:53 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
I watch The Shining everytime it's on cable.
I mentioned this in the movie thread, but I saw that one for the first time today. Creeped me out big time. Corpses, psychos with axes (yeah, um, Jack Nicholson plays the whole madman character just a smidge TOO well in that movie...), blood, two very freaky little girls randomly appearing in hallways...*Shudders*. And that music. I've only seen two of Stanley Kubrick's films-this one, and I saw some of "Eyes Wide Shut" one time, but apparently he liked creepy music in his movies, 'cause just as "The Shining" had freaky music, so did "Eyes Wide Shut"-that piano sound that I occasionally heard throughout the movie literally made my hair stand on end.

Also, I don't care how goofy the "Halloween" sequels may have gotten (the original one is very good, though). Michael Myers is still one insanely frightening villain in my eyes. Every time I see one of the "Halloween" movies, I spend the next, oh, week or so totally paranoid.

Angela
Old 05-18-2005, 06:11 AM   #53
Acrobat

It's getting harder and harder to enjoy the movies that come out these days, they are all getting so cheesy, not scary at all.

The movie that got me was "The Grudge". (I just posted about this!) It wasn't your typical scream fest, but the mood was just right the night my husband and I watched it. We were in bed, lights on. Right when the climax was building up in a scary part, the lights suddenly flickered on and off, and the Playstion box playing the dvd cut off competely. So it scared us! It was cool to finally actually get nervous over a horror movie again.

Speaking of scary, I have a really cool very short video link I was sent that will scare the shit out of you. I have it saved on my WMP and I tried sending it recently, but it wouldn't work. If someone will please send me an email mandymarie96@aol.com and tell me how to send, I will share it, I know you guys will like it. It scared my 12 y/o step-daughter so bad, I laughed and cried for hours!
Old 05-18-2005, 06:22 AM   #54
Acrobat

Me again, I figured out how to send it to email, but I don't know how to post it here. Just send me an email if you want to see it, it's good. The only things I ask is have your volume turned up LOUD (don't be a sissy) and please don't let your kids see this till you've seen it yourself.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:50 AM   #55
The Fly

The Shining (I was pretty good @ imitating him hopping around with the ax - although I didn't use an ax)

The Sixth Sense - esp when the dead people "swooshed" by in the house and when he was hiding in the tent

The Omen scared me when I was younger - I was always turning around b/c I thought Damien was behind me, staring...

Nightmare On Elm Street - when Freddy would say "Nancy!" and when he had the really long arms and was chasing her.

The Ring when the girl crawled towards the guy and then came out of the TV

Poltergeist is one of my all-time fave movies - the part I love is when you see the chair in the kids' room and the clown that is usually there is missing ...and you know what happens next

Poltergeist II when the creepy old guy walks by and looks @ Carol Anne

One of my favorite horror movies is the Evil Dead - a bit scary, and the part where the possessed girl is on the porch looking freaky and laughing her a** off is hilarious.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:19 AM   #56
Refugee

Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
Quote:
Originally posted by hluvslmj

that was so fucking scary... my sister and I were holding each other with all our strength when we saw that scene...

I also got scared when they show a finger over a nail.... that was gross and horrible.

"It" is not exactly the most scary movie, but I really hate that mofo Clown
Old 05-18-2005, 11:03 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by hluvslmj
The Sixth Sense - esp when the dead people "swooshed" by in the house and when he was hiding in the tent

Mmhm. My grandma used to have a well in her yard back in our old town in Iowa-if she were still alive and my family were still going to visit her, I'd be looking at that well in a completely different way now .

My sister has a funny story surrounding "The Ring" (well, it's funny now, I can imagine it probably wasn't that funny when it happened, though)-she was over at a friend's house and they were watching that movie, and right after the scene where the killer tape had been played, my sister's friend's phone rang. She said she and her friend screamed bloody murder and jumped in the air . Turns out it was just another friend of theirs on the phone, but still, how freaky and how good of timing was that? LOL.

I also heard somewhere that when "The Ring" first came out, some movie theaters apparently made copies of the "killer tape" from the movie and handed them out to the moviegoers. Heh. Nice.

Angela