October...and the scariest horror film of all time is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exorcist is #1 for me...the theme music still gives me chills.

Poltergeist is next....I now always hate tree branches that scrape the house during storms.

House of 1000 Corpses....I feel dirty for watching this one and somehow I own it on DVD! :huh:

ABEL said:
poltergeist is another one that scares me.

the first amityville movie is definitely the best.

Poltergeist........that clown *shivers*

I saw the Amityville movie in the theater with a friend and mom. Had a couple of classmates sitting behind us. We had a jujube fight. Distraction from being scared. The scariest part for me was the "real" part with the killing of the DeFeo family. I had a slumber party the night that I saw Amityville and I couldn't sleep because of the murder scenes. Scared senseless.

arw9797 said:
that would be one of my two that I've seen.....I was a small child and my brother and his friends forced me to watch it :sad: I had nightmares for years. :sad:

Nice brother...but as big brothers go...it sounds about right. Anyway, I saw that The Exorcist is going to be on this Sat. night on the USA channel, but I don't even want to watch the sanitized tv version. :no:

The Exorcist, The Shinning, The Ring, Blair Witch Project, Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Original) and I just saw the Grudge which should definitely not be pg-13......then again I'm a huge fan of scary movies and I'm all for suspension of belief just to get freaked out and get that adrenaline rush.....really recommend the Grudge and I've been hearing a lot of good buzz on Saw as well

Xavier

i remember watching the Exorcist from behind the couch when i was about 12.
I love horror movies....they can scare the pants off me , but i love em

I'm more of a "psychological"-type horror buff. Films like "Rosemary's Baby" and "Session 9" get to me more than the splatter-fests reminiscent in "Friday the 13th."

But my FAVORITE Halloween films are, of course, "Halloween" (it's a classic...and the theme fantastic), "A Nightmare on Elm Street" (what sets this film apart from other slasher flicks, imo, is that the audience actually cares for the characters), "An American Werewolf in London" (best.lycanthropefilm.evar.)," and "Ginger Snaps" (don't know if anyone has seen this Canadian gem, but it's one of the best recent horror films, along with "Session 9," I can think of).

The movie that frightened me the most upon first viewing was The Silence of the Lambs. Anthony Hopkins was...well, to put it simply, brilliant. Whenever Clarice went remotely close to the glass, I actually found myself telling her to move back! His portrayal of Dr. Lecter was chilling.

The movie doesn't scare me now (I've watched it countless times) but it definitely was the scariest. Some others that I've found to be quite scary as well:

Psycho, IT (damn that clown!), The Shining, The Exorcist, The Ring, Signs (the music was what got me the most).

I love horror/thriller movies. :drool:

Catman said:
I'm more of a "psychological"-type horror buff. Films like "Rosemary's Baby" and "Session 9" get to me more than the splatter-fests reminiscent in "Friday the 13th."

Same here. Give me a psychological thriller like The Silence of the Lambs any day.

To this day, if I see one second of either Poltergeist II or The Ring, I will start a crying jag that will not cease for over an hour. I promise.

The Exorcist I don't mind, and I watch The Shining everytime it's on cable. Blair Witch Project scared the shit out of me the first couple times I saw it, but bought the DVD and it became like the Breakfast Club to me. Granted, I haven't gone near it in years though. We rented The Grudge the other night, but I walked out of the room after 20 mins b/c it wasn't worth me having insomnia for a week.

maro_chik said:

"The Shinning? Don't you mean 'The Shining'?"
"SHH! Do you wanna get sued?!"

No reading my mind between four and five. That's Willie's time.

AvsGirl41 said:
"Poltergeist" gave me nightmares for a very long time. So did "Poltergeist II."

"Nightmare on Elm Street" was pretty scary--he gets you when you sleep!!

"The Sixth Sense" and "Signs" were the most recent ones to keep me up.

Yeah!!! Scary sh*t!!!

For me also: Blair Witch, Stephen King's It, the Ring, and Thriller video...

:wink:

Michael Jackson taking off his fake face and showing his real one when he's a zombie pretty funny stuff:wink:

HelloAngel said:
I watch The Shining everytime it's on cable.

I mentioned this in the movie thread, but I saw that one for the first time today. Creeped me out big time. Corpses, psychos with axes (yeah, um, Jack Nicholson plays the whole madman character just a smidge TOO well in that movie...), blood, two very freaky little girls randomly appearing in hallways...*Shudders*. And that music. I've only seen two of Stanley Kubrick's films-this one, and I saw some of "Eyes Wide Shut" one time, but apparently he liked creepy music in his movies, 'cause just as "The Shining" had freaky music, so did "Eyes Wide Shut"-that piano sound that I occasionally heard throughout the movie literally made my hair stand on end.

Also, I don't care how goofy the "Halloween" sequels may have gotten (the original one is very good, though). Michael Myers is still one insanely frightening villain in my eyes. Every time I see one of the "Halloween" movies, I spend the next, oh, week or so totally paranoid.

Angela

It's getting harder and harder to enjoy the movies that come out these days, they are all getting so cheesy, not scary at all.

The movie that got me was "The Grudge". (I just posted about this!) It wasn't your typical scream fest, but the mood was just right the night my husband and I watched it. We were in bed, lights on. Right when the climax was building up in a scary part, the lights suddenly flickered on and off, and the Playstion box playing the dvd cut off competely. So it scared us! It was cool to finally actually get nervous over a horror movie again.

Speaking of scary, I have a really cool very short video link I was sent that will scare the shit out of you. I have it saved on my WMP and I tried sending it recently, but it wouldn't work. If someone will please send me an email mandymarie96@aol.com and tell me how to send, I will share it, I know you guys will like it. It scared my 12 y/o step-daughter so bad, I laughed and cried for hours!

Me again, I figured out how to send it to email, but I don't know how to post it here. Just send me an email if you want to see it, it's good. The only things I ask is have your volume turned up LOUD (don't be a sissy) and please don't let your kids see this till you've seen it yourself.

The Shining (I was pretty good @ imitating him hopping around with the ax - although I didn't use an ax) :|

The Sixth Sense - esp when the dead people "swooshed" by in the house :ohmy: and when he was hiding in the tent :ohmy:

The Omen scared me when I was younger - I was always turning around b/c I thought Damien was behind me, staring...

Nightmare On Elm Street - when Freddy would say "Nancy!" :ohmy: and when he had the really long arms and was chasing her.

The Ring when the girl crawled towards the guy and then came out of the TV :ohmy:

Poltergeist is one of my all-time fave movies - the part I love is when you see the chair in the kids' room and the clown that is usually there is missing :ohmy: ...and you know what happens next :ohmy:

Poltergeist II when the creepy old guy walks by and looks @ Carol Anne :ohmy:

One of my favorite horror movies is the Evil Dead - a bit scary, and the part where the possessed girl is on the porch looking freaky and laughing her a** off is hilarious.

Last edited:
hluvslmj said:

The Ring when the girl crawled towards the guy and then came out of the TV :ohmy:

that was so fucking scary... my sister and I were holding each other with all our strength when we saw that scene...

I also got scared when they show a finger over a nail.... that was gross and horrible.

"It" is not exactly the most scary movie, but I really hate that mofo Clown :(

hluvslmj said:
The Sixth Sense - esp when the dead people "swooshed" by in the house :ohmy: and when he was hiding in the tent :ohmy:

Mmhm. My grandma used to have a well in her yard back in our old town in Iowa-if she were still alive and my family were still going to visit her, I'd be looking at that well in a completely different way now :uhoh:.

My sister has a funny story surrounding "The Ring" (well, it's funny now, I can imagine it probably wasn't that funny when it happened, though)-she was over at a friend's house and they were watching that movie, and right after the scene where the killer tape had been played, my sister's friend's phone rang. She said she and her friend screamed bloody murder and jumped in the air :p. Turns out it was just another friend of theirs on the phone, but still, how freaky and how good of timing was that? LOL.

I also heard somewhere that when "The Ring" first came out, some movie theaters apparently made copies of the "killer tape" from the movie and handed them out to the moviegoers. Heh. Nice.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom