Octagon Bar 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sicy said:

lol, we tried that already, it was called Lovetown, and it didnt last.

We discussed this a bit in an earlier somewhere in the last 1000 replies, and we had heard that Lovetown was a ghost town.
I think there are a number of reasons why this would be true.

1. Singles would rather be fooled into hooking up, so if you tell them it's a place to meet other singles, they sort of wallflower and sit in a corner. They will watch, but seldom will they participate.

2. The new album is coming out, and we are excited, and flirtateous. I don't know if Lovetown would have sunk if it had an album and tour to attract new people.

3. It's a bar setting, not a hookup joint. Yes, we flirt, and share pictures, and stories, but it's hung together by our appreciation of having a place to go, not a place to meet our spouses. We all know that it's a long shot that we'll even meet each other, much less get married one day, so removing that expectation from the table allows everyone to relax and just be there chatty selves.

4. It won't just be for singles. It's for everyone that wants to just have a mock-drink on us, and spill what's going on. It isn't a married or single thing.

5. So far, it's been very organic! We haven't forced it, people just keep showing up. Some leave, and some stay, and hopefully it will remain hopping.

We are really in no position to demand anything, but I do offer a proposition. If we fill up 3 more 500 posts over the next several weeks, wouldn't it make sense to put walls up permanently?

Thanks for checking in with us and sharing a drink! :D Next time you can dance too!

Did I read something about a someone having a stalker????:mad:

*rolling up sleeves, exposing big biceps*

am I gonna have to get medieval on somebody's ass today?

just point the finger, and I'll take care of it!!!!!

The thing is, really, this is a message board. This isnt a chat room. We have a chat room as well, perhaps people should probably use it more often, I dont know. But there was a time when none of these kinds of threads were even allowed... the chit chatting back and forth stuff. We have had Randomdodomdm for a very long time and that thread has served the purpose of chit chatting and has been allowed to go on.

Now we have Testje, this thread, one in PLEBAns etc... The fact that this is a 'bar'.. well you can make any thread into a bar, it all comes down to the content of the posts.

Basically, creating a forum just for chit chatting really isnt serving a productive purpose on a message board, and I'm sure Elvis would agree, BUT you are more than welcome to start a thread in Dont Expect, Suggest and see what he says :shrug:

hey powersurge

if you're gonna be rolling up your sleeves and flexing some muscle can you do it in sicy's directiona nd try bully her into giving us our own forum? :wink:

no seriously sicy - how about you keep an eye on us here. if this stays busy and you're having to shut us down every 2 days for hitting 500 posts, will you at least consider it??

starsforu2 said:

>>> Melts <<<

Sleep well my dear, you deserve better than you got today. :yes:

Thanks... :hug:

:yawn: *Goes to sleep with the first beautiful lines of 'Original of the species' playing in her head... and a broad smile 'cause of Edge's jokes :D *

Sicy said:
And I can dance.. I'm almost a professional Salsa dancer :sexywink:

i'm gonna go sit and be crap in a corner now... hows a girl supposed to compete with that???

powersurge - forget the stalkers... would you mind rolling your sleeves up and flexing your muscles just for us anyway???

digsy said:
hey powersurge

if you're gonna be rolling up your sleeves and flexing some muscle can you do it in sicy's directiona nd try bully her into giving us our own forum? :wink:

no seriously sicy - how about you keep an eye on us here. if this stays busy and you're having to shut us down every 2 days for hitting 500 posts, will you at least consider it??

:reject:

I ddddooon't knknknooow!!!! she looks kind of scary!!!!!

and BIG!!!

just kidding:wink:

Sicy, what does this matter? I have to admit, that this thread is the best thread I've been part of for months. I think this thread serves a big purpose. We all meet eachother and get to know eachother in here, then when we post else where its like we are posting as friends not strangers.

What I find absolutely meaningless are the other threads all over this website:

Who's your favorite Band Member?

Bono is soooo hot!!!!

or: the ever popular threads where everyone is bashing the shit out of eachother and just being down right nasty. I can usually count 10-20 of those per week, not counting the smaller boxing matches burried within EVERY thread in "Everything you know is wrong" and "Where the album has a name". I find it ridiculous to keep those worthless threads going and ending this positive one. It makes me think this website is like a Communist Country. You can't do anything unless its "approved". We are chit chatting, talking about Ipods, and funny pics, is this not enough? Fine, let me insult someone and say that their opinion of the album cover is shit. There, now we have a meaningful expression of intellect relating directly to a U2 topic.:banghead:

I don't mean to come across, as nasty, cause I'm not, I'm just frustrated by the hypocrisy on this forum. What the heck is wrong with a thread like this? Honestly!!! Its all in fun. If the czar of this forum decides that these threads are "meaningless" then so be it, you'll have atleast one less person posting in this website, because I can fathom dealing with the bullshit that is EYKIW forum and WTAHAN forum.

If you guys can turn this into a seperate forum fine. But last time I checked, this stupid thread "Lemonade Stand" was made for ANYTHING right? :confused: Why doesn't this qualify? ridiculous if you ask me. once again , not trying to take this out on you, but ranting my anger.

digsy said:
powersurge - forget the stalkers... would you mind rolling your sleeves up and flexing your muscles just for us anyway???

awww shucks:rolleyes:

okay!!!

*takes shirt off and does quick pose down starting with back, side view and finishing with the "most muscular pose"*

there you go, everyone satisfied?

*puts shirt back on*

PowerSurge said:

awww shucks:rolleyes:

okay!!!

*takes shirt off and does quick pose down starting with back, side view and finishing with the "most muscular pose"*

there you go, everyone satisfied?

*puts shirt back on*

:faint: :combust:

starsgoblue said:
Me thinks PowerSurge might also suffer from of "COS type sexy", don't you think so PLEBAns?

I contacted the proper people already Surge...I should be ok. I would like to see you scrap though...

COS type sexy????:eyebrow:

trust me, you don't want to see me scrap, I don't do it often, but when the moment unfortunately comes up, its ugly, and I'm never proud of it. People shouldn't fight, I try to always "talk things out first"

man I need a drink!

anyone else?

*hands everyone a 1/2 pint filled with Guiness and a shot glass with Baileys and Jameson*

Being fans of Irish music, I will hazard a guess that everyone knows what to do with these two wonderful items

uno....dos.....tr...

COS definitely!

but last time i checked not too many of the Plebans had a "problem" with this particular disorder

in fact i might go so far as to say we encourage it (but dont tell my shirt, it might leave to a better more COS supportive home)

Hehe, it's not so much that we have a problem...it's just plain cruel to the shirt and the shirt isn't a nessacary wardrobe option anyways. Those who successfully recover from COS don't even miss shirts after a while.... :wink:

Yeah, be nice to your COS shirt--it's had a hard life!

PowerSurge said:
*hands everyone a 1/2 pint filled with Guiness and a shot glass with Baileys and Jameson*

Being fans of Irish music, I will hazard a guess that everyone knows what to do with these two wonderful items

uno....dos.....tr...

hey that was good

can i get another...?

really strange thing jsut happened, maybe someone can help out with this.
i was just listening to the radio and they played One (yay) but it was really really quick and sounded quite sped up - bonos voice was higher than usual and it jsut didnt sound right (i know my U2 dammit!) it clocked in at just over 4minutes but interrupted twice for about 10 seconds cause i'm listening over the internet and needs to catch up. but each time it came back it came in at the exact same point that it cut out.

which menas that it actaully clocked in at about 3min45 which is almost a minute shorter than it should

my question: is a dj capable of doing this to a song (save time) or does it have to do with the internet radio - each time it cuts out it it loses time and therefore plays slightly faster to "keep up" with the actual radio broadcast???

anyone???

sorry this is so random, it was just weird

Last edited:
popmartijn -

believe me when i say you DO NOT want to know
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom