Octagon Bar 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fanx... I think I was just a taken aback thats all. This is a new experience...

So, can you tell me why my computer is .... no just being stupid...

Time for some less alcohol me thinks...

Not quite :drunk: more:crazy: and could do with a new life after the last few weeks, but as they say "things can only get betta..."

Tania said:
Merc,

Love your lab coat. Mine has more holes than material these days.:happy:

Thanks! :D

The infamous painted pharmacist lab coats - Everyone on uni has painted lab coats :yes: It's a very old tradition!

So, I'm in class nr. 5 (which explains the number), my real name is Dorthe and the little purple dino on my left pocket (which you can hardly see for my face mask) is from our cartoon...

We all have big painting from a cartoon on our backs - my class is Flintstones or 'Pharmastones' as it says on the back... Maybe I can find an example for you...

*Goes searching through uni homepage*

Btw, what's your work? :D

Random lab coat backs...
Uni1.jpg

starsforu2 said:
Right then, tea, absolutely naked. :yes:

Naked...? I take it you're refering to the tea and not... :shifty: ..the bartender...? :sexywink: :reject:

starsforu2 said:
You'll have to send me an email with your address if you want a b-day gift. It would be no problem at all. Love to share what I've gotten for free :D

You shouldn't... really... you shouldn't... that would be too much for me to ask of you - I did tell it was my birthday so you'd send me presents... :reject:

starsforu2 said:
:shift: Besides, I might need a European connection for Euro releases of U2 gear :wink:

:lol:

I'd love to be you're 'European contact'... :hug:

Agricultural and Veterinary Chemical companies come and see me (I have my own consultancy business) about getting their products approved and onto the market shelves. So I do everything from reviewing/QAing trials to writing reports to negotiating with the government to get approval. The good thing is that everyday is different.

Your lab coats are the best. That picture is motivating me to do something about mine...

Tania said:
Agricultural and Veterinary Chemical companies come and see me (I have my own consultancy business) about getting their products approved and onto the market shelves. So I do everything from reviewing/QAing trials to writing reports to negotiating with the government to get approval. The good thing is that everyday is different.

Sounds very exciting! :up: You wouldn't happen to have a job for a Danish pharamcist in 1,5 years, would you...? :wink:

Tania said:
Your lab coats are the best. That picture is motivating me to do something about mine...

Thanks! We're very proud of them ourselves... :laugh:

You never know your luck... In Western Australia there is only me and one other girl who does this sort of work. On the east coast of Australia there is a lot of work available. Maybe you should come for a holiday once you are finished your degree.

Did you enjoy Billy Boola Tomer?

starsforu2 said:

Heh, heh. I work with computers. I do systems management and software development on VMS systems (VMS is a mainframe, large server operating system popular with governments, hospitals and banks, because it rarely crashes and is ultra-secure)
I'm currently contracted out to work for the United States Postal Service (So getting things mailed out to you should be relatively quick :D). My job has me going around the country installing computer systems and teaching classes (on how to use or install our hardware and software). The software's main purpose is to help sort the mail. I guess you could say that I deliver :laugh:

thanks for the info on the bootlegs - you should be able to email me from here, its activated and all. let me know if it doesnt work.

you've got to get me one of those secure servers that never crashes, we permanently have problems - entire disks go down, servers fall of the network etc etc. at the moment i'm responsible for about 55TB across 15 servers allfilled with highly valuable films! so when a disk crashes and we almost lose a third of a film it has a tendancy to push the stress levels up a bit!

i'm so boring... :ohmy:

Okay... Have to leave the bar for a little while now... :wave: ...dinner time here! :D

*Walks towards the exit*

*Turns around and whistles at starsforu2 just before she walks out of the door*

... and when I get back, you (points at stars) and me are having a dance! :sexywink:

dinner time here too but i'm skipping it and going to a real bar instead (no offense to you guys of course but proper alcohol jsuts taastes better than digital alcohol!

half an hour to play still before i go
stars, start pour me a drink, put on the jukebox and lets dance baby :dance:

Sorry, I think I will have to love you and leave you, its late/early and I really need to sleep.

Take care of yourselves.

xx

Drinking on an empty stomach?!:shame::barf: I always find a good stirfry sorts mine out a treat before a good session :drunk: :D

Pint of Stella please barman?:)

i'm not gonna overdo it dont worry. and besides with halloween and everythign they've loaded work up with choclates and sweets and tofee apples - my stoamch is very well lined with a coat of sugar at the moment!

i know!!!!
not so mmmmmmmm after you've had three though :barf:
:lol:

here have a stella

*passes one over**

digsy said:
dinner time here too but i'm skipping it and going to a real bar instead (no offense to you guys of course but proper alcohol jsuts taastes better than digital alcohol!

half an hour to play still before i go
stars, start pour me a drink, put on the jukebox and lets dance baby :dance:

>>> Pours a jack and coke, sets it on the table, grabs Digsy's hand and away we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <<<

Here she comes
Lady luck again
Figure of eight
Six and nine again

My lady with the spinning head

Whatever the deal
She won't let me down
Wherever I go
She's always hanging 'round

My lady with the spinning head
La la la la la la la la la la la
Lady with the spinning head

What can I say? I'm feeling lucky! :flirt:

>>> Spins Digsy round so fast her name momentarily changes to Ditsy! :wink: <<<

She's been gone
But I knew she'd be back
She's got the rent
She put me in the black

The lady with the spinning head

Took my mind
Took away my car
Do you dare to ask
What I'm talking about

I'm on top
When she's around
She's my ticket
Out of town

i love that song

<<spins away from and back to stars again>>

good choice :yes:
at least i'm here for this dance!

Anyone dressing up for Halloween? I'm going to a party tomorrow night and I've got to figure what I'm going as! :huh:

I'm 6', dark haired and slim (read lanky!) so going as Dracula would be the obvious choice. Can anyone suggest something else? I posted my pictures in this thread somewhere:)

does it have to be a holloween themed dress up?

that might sound like a silly question but not all halloween parties are "horror" dress up ones.

or heres a thoguht - why dont you ewar a black suit, white shirt covered in red paint adn go as one of the reservoir dogs guys! or one of the crazy 8s from kill bill or somethign like that. pick a film horror character, its far more original

i'm out of here guys - the bar is calling my name loud and clear!

stars thank you for the dance

<<gives him one last hug a quick kiss and reluctantly breaks herself away from teh dancew>>

see ya later

pre-warning - if i post some strange stuff later its probably cause i came home drunk!

ha ha

di

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom