Octagon Bar 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2 are playing on TOTP???
again?

hey stars, hows it going
sounds like you had a nice night...

can i get a coke with a little something extra in it?

Merc said:
I can't wait to take them for the first ride... :hyper: ... if I get them for my birthday that is...

Birthday huh? Anything we can do it do to sweeten it? Send you a U2 bootleg on DVD or CD? I just finished downloading 8-16-92 Show in Washington D.C. DVD, very nice! :yes: I was there at the show! I'm still scanning the video to see if I'm actually in it. :laugh:

Merc said:
You couldn't know, but... I don't drink coffee - could I had some tea instead?!

<<< Sings >>> Getting to know you, getting to know all about you...

Oops! :ohmy: <<< Snatches coffee off of the bar, replacing it with a tea cup and saucer, sugar and cream >>>

>>> Heats water, and gives Merc a potpourri of tea bags in which to choose from <<<

You'll have to tell me which tea bags to stock, so that I can serve you more effectively :bow: :flirt:

bummer

so why is this place so quite the past few days
are we all just losing interes
i mena in is only about 10 of us on heavy rotation here so maybe its not right we get our own forum?

Hello, hello :wave: everybody,

May I have a Kilkenny please?

<< Wanders over to corner with new RS mag under arm... sits down, looks at front cover and frowns..... hmmm, those two cleaners looked awfully like these guys.... nah.... couldn't have been... I must have been hungover.... [makes note to self: no more flaming lamborghinis]...>>

new RS?!?
I must have, can i borrow it when you're done reading there?

digsy said:
u2 are playing on TOTP???
again?

hey stars, hows it going
sounds like you had a nice night...

can i get a coke with a little something extra in it?

Jack and Coke coming up!

>>> Pours a lot of coke, pours a little Jack and leaves Jack within Digsy's reach in case she needs something extra <<<

digsy said:
bummer

so why is this place so quite the past few days
are we all just losing interes
i mena in is only about 10 of us on heavy rotation here so maybe its not right we get our own forum?

It could just be a lull. U2bonogirl is incognito, and starsgoblue hasn't come in as often. We do have real lives, and they will intrude. The question is whether or not we can bring in more and more people to make it fun and alive. Need more bartenders :yes:

And you do a great job of that :applaud:

Powersurge is becoming a regular and Lemonboiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii seems to enjoy.

And my beloved Tania just walked in :D

>>> Pours Kilkenny for Tania <<<

Hello darling! :wave:

Psst, Digsy ask Tania what she looks like. We need to identify our guests :wink: (More pictures!)

tania
what you look like... we demand photos on entrance :D

starsforu2 said:

as often. We do have real lives, and they will intrude.

you have a real life :eek:
wow, where can i get one?!?

my life sadly consists of mostly work work and more work at the moment :(
hence the single bit i believe.
it would be unfair of me to say that work is what keeps me single though - i know that if i met someone worthwhile i would cut it down and make the time for them.

digsy said:

you have a real life :eek:
wow, where can i get one?!?

my life sadly consists of mostly work work and more work at the moment :(
hence the single bit i believe.
it would be unfair of me to say that work is what keeps me single though - i know that if i met someone worthwhile i would cut it down and make the time for them.

You make time for us :love: Seriously, I know what you mean. It's not like I don't have the occasional admirer, but it's hard to find someone that turns your clock (if you know what I mean). I had one last year that I thought might be it, but a difference in an important part of my life could not bridged. (I'm a believer and she is not). :sad: So, my new solution is make many many friends and one will eventually emerge to steal my :heart:

Btw
digsy said:
tania
what you look like... we demand photos on entrance

Subtle, real subtle, now she's going to think we're :coocoo:

starsforu2 said:

You make time for us :love:
Btw

Subtle, real subtle, now she's going to think we're :coocoo:

to be fair, i'm mostly online when im at work - stuff goes from boring to manic here in about 3 seconds so a lot of the time i have very littel to do but when i am busy it's mental and thats normally about 2 hours after i'm meant to have gone home!

TANIA!!!
sorry i'f i scared you off, i was just joking
a photo would be cool though

Sure Digsy, you may borrow my Rolling Stone mag. It is quite interesting to reread all this stuff, and I saw that Record Collector Mag at the local newsagents (nearly died they never have stuff like this), so tomorrow its back with the rest of my dowry....

Stars, has anyone told you, you are the worlds biggest flirt:sexywink:

And why couldn't you ask me what I look like? Hmmm... <<Does chicken arms and hen noises ..... in Stars direction... sorry I'm only yolking>>

Sorry, I don't have a scanner to send through a photo.

How about a description: Shortish, Longish and blackish hair, Brownish eyes and Irish... will that do?

Living in Oz, coz its hot and everyone here is very relaxed... Plus there's the small issue of work...

Now, back to the drinking...

Only 32 minutes 'till Vertigo is on Rage ....

Tania said:
Stars, has anyone told you, you are the worlds biggest flirt:sexywink:

You say that like it's bad :shame: :wink: Just remember, that all the promises I make are sincere. :yes: at least for today. In a setting like this, I like Bono's words "Let's go to Vegas, Let's get Married.... for a while" I'm actually quite monogamous, and flirt a lot less (with others) when I have :love: in my life. But for now, I'm trying to figure out who in the know world will actually find all this finger tapping irresistable and will sweep me away, or will allow me to whisk them away, all the way back to Ashburn, VA.

Tania said:
Sorry, I don't have a scanner to send through a photo.

:(

Tania said:
How about a description: Shortish, Longish and blackish hair, Brownish eyes and Irish... will that do?

:D Cool! Irish, like you were born and raised in Ireland? Would love to visit Australia as well... but that's a whole 'nother leg of the U2 tour :wink: So, when are you going to find a digital picture of yourself? :sexywink:

Tania said:
Now, back to the drinking...

>>> Pours another kilkenny <<<

Digsy, what kind of work are you doing?

Last edited:
No, no, no... sorry, I meant it in a nice way. A lot of the things you say are really caring and considerate, which I found a little disconcerting at first because I am not used to it (long story which I could tell you but boring everyone to the point of blood running out of their ears is not a good way to start).

Anyway, I was born in N.I. and have lived most of my life in Oz, but have been back. My Ma and Da moved to Sydney to give us a better life and then I moved to Perth for work.

So, what does everyone else do, workwise?

starsforu2 said:
Birthday huh? Anything we can do it do to sweeten it? Send you a U2 bootleg on DVD or CD? I just finished downloading 8-16-92 Show in Washington D.C. DVD, very nice! :yes: I was there at the show! I'm still scanning the video to see if I'm actually in it. :laugh:

Well, surprise me! :flirt: :sexywink:

starsforu2 said:
<<< Sings >>> Getting to know you, getting to know all about you...

Oops! :ohmy: <<< Snatches coffee off of the bar, replacing it with a tea cup and saucer, sugar and cream >>>

>>> Heats water, and gives Merc a potpourri of tea bags in which to choose from <<<

You'll have to tell me which tea bags to stock, so that I can serve you more effectively :bow: :flirt:

If you want to know more about me :flirt: - I'll just have my tea without anything, no cream no sugar...

Would you really buy a stock of tea just for me?! Awww :cute: you're the best!

Well then, my favourites a strawberry, blackcurrent and forrest fruit... but I can can drink just about any tea... just not lemon, orange or anything like that... it makes me sick, so I can't breathe... :crack:

starsgoblue is back YAY
think i got the magazine today by the way - my housemate called to say i had a package from america so that may be it i hope!

i work in film post-production - deal with colour grading and vfx and stuff.
its quite cool because i get to work on wicked films and stuff and i'm doing really well but sometimes the cost is greater than the reward.

her you can check me out on imdb.com (internet movie data base)
either type in Dianne Gordon and select (II) or click direct here:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1702223/

starsforu2 said:

hey stars, you got any recomendations as to where i can download full concert bootlegs - i dont have any and feel i'm missing out but don't quite know wehre to start either!

starsgoblue said:
:yawn: Good morning all.

Good morning stars! :wave:

Did I just say "Good morning"?! :eek: It's 6pm here and very dark outside... It's hard to imagine that you've just gotten out of bed! :huh:

*Wishes she was in the same timezone as the American Octagon'ers*

digsy said:

hey stars, you got any recomendations as to where i can download full concert bootlegs - i dont have any and feel i'm missing out but don't quite know wehre to start either!

u2bloodredskymetrohub (I think it's called), if you want, I can get you all the links and even help you set it up if you have questions. It wasn't entirely straightforward on how to set it up, but I'm in love with it now :love:

Just give me permission to email you through this service. So, you won't feel odd about. I'll have to do it from home, since all the info is there. I'd rather not broadcast everything through here. I don't know who is watching :shifty:

digsy said:

Well, u2rome.com would be a good place to start since they have a nice collection of boots from '83 'till '01 - You'll have to register, but it's worth it... :wink:

Sorry for answering your question stars... :reject:

digsy said:
starsgoblue is back YAY
think i got the magazine today by the way - my housemate called to say i had a package from america so that may be it i hope!

i work in film post-production - deal with colour grading and vfx and stuff.
its quite cool because i get to work on wicked films and stuff and i'm doing really well but sometimes the cost is greater than the reward.

her you can check me out on imdb.com (internet movie data base)
either type in Dianne Gordon and select (II) or click direct here:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1702223/

:applaud: :applaud: You're almost famous :D I had an aunt that worked in London for years on movies like "Labyrinth", "Dark Crystal" and "Little Shop of Horrors". She was employed by Jim Henson for quite a few years. Her husband made documentaries for the Royal Navy for several decades. I think it's cool that you want to make movies too! :up: I think up stories like movies, but I have no experience in making them. :sad:

Good morning Starsgoblue,

It is morning here as well, except tomorrow morning (Saturday), just, for me and I am still working...:(

Oh well, I am drinking vodka's at the moment (given up on the beer), so the typing is getting interesting....

Should have gone out dancing...

Tania said:
No, no, no... sorry, I meant it in a nice way. A lot of the things you say are really caring and considerate, which I found a little disconcerting at first because I am not used to it (long story which I could tell you but boring everyone to the point of blood running out of their ears is not a good way to start).

Anyway, I was born in N.I. and have lived most of my life in Oz, but have been back. My Ma and Da moved to Sydney to give us a better life and then I moved to Perth for work.

Heh, heh. I work with computers. I do systems management and software development on VMS systems (VMS is a mainframe, large server operating system popular with governments, hospitals and banks, because it rarely crashes and is ultra-secure)
I'm currently contracted out to work for the United States Postal Service (So getting things mailed out to you should be relatively quick :D). My job has me going around the country installing computer systems and teaching classes (on how to use or install our hardware and software). The software's main purpose is to help sort the mail. I guess you could say that I deliver :laugh:

Tania, no offense taken. People only make those kind of observations when they approve of it, or want some attention themselves. So, here's a :flirt:, and a :heart: and a :hug: for you!

Tania said:

Study pharmacy on 4th year... which includes a lab-course in drug production, where this pic is taken a few days ago! That should pretty much excuse why I'm wearing that stupid blue 'hat' - no hair in the tablets! :shame:

... and the reason for the big grin :D - well, it isn't exactly GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) to take a camera into the lab, so we felt like little kids doing whats not allowed... :laugh: :reject:

PA260003c.jpg

Edited to say: ... and no, my shoes isn't that blue - it's our shoe covers - we wear them so we don't walk around the lab with dirty shoes...

Last edited:
Merc said:

Well, surprise me! :flirt: :sexywink:

If you want to know more about me :flirt: - I'll just have my tea without anything, no cream no sugar...

Would you really buy a stock of tea just for me?! Awww :cute: you're the best!

Well then, my favourites a strawberry, blackcurrent and forrest fruit... but I can can drink just about any tea... just not lemon, orange or anything like that... it makes me sick, so I can't breathe... :crack:

Right then, tea, absolutely naked. :yes:

You'll have to send me an email with your address if you want a b-day gift. It would be no problem at all. Love to share what I've gotten for free :D

:shift: Besides, I might need a European connection for Euro releases of U2 gear :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom