Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starsforu2

Refugee
Ashburn, VA (and permanently residing in u2bonogir
Welcome weary travelers! :applaud:

We've been kicked around the corner, we've been known by different names but it's time to reopen the Octagon Bar! We've served over 2500 customers since we opened our doors on October 20th. Part of our success is attributable to the fact that we are open 24 hours, so stop in for a coffee or tea in the morning, bring your newspaper and sit in our soft leather couches. For lunch, come in and have a cocktail. Your boss will never know. :wink: When work is over, stop in for Happy Hour :drunk: , you can be assured that your presence will not go unnoticed. Late nights are the best and the most wicked; the patrons are a frisky lot, but always friendly. :flirt:

The Octagon Bar is located on the first floor of the Clarence Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. :adam: :bono: :edge: :larry: are part owners of this magnificent watering hole and we seek to reproduce the camaraderie of a pub, complete with bar fights, dancing girls, and moderators who shut us down when the noise or the post count gets too high.

May I suggest that you order a drink, ask one of the lovelies or one of the gents for a :dance:, or perhaps you want to play a song on the jukebox. Share pictures of your kids and yourselves. Don’t be shy, by morning we’ll forget your face anyway. :laugh:

This is a patron-run bar, so if the bartender is asleep in the back, or cuddled up on the couch with one of the patrons, go and pour a drink for your mate. The drink selection is only limited by your imagination. So dream out loud!

so we are carrying on here?
busy, busy, busy day - feet and head hurt
now watching a little CSI
thinking a bit of white wine is in order
as no one else seems to be here - wanders around the bar to find nice wine.....
how is everyone today?

I'll take a stab, 13?

should've named this one the triangle bar or something. Make it seem like one bar closes and another opens up.

give me a shot of Vodka right away!

stars I go with about six - wine good now - not good tomorrow when I have to get up for work:(
vodka to jim - double

Ok, so this thought might be too "heavy" for the bar. But given the light of recent political events, I'm curious if we are the verge of another new social movement....MLK and his work was a response to the political woes and social injustices of the day for example. It has usually been the PEOPLE and not the GOVERNMENT to bring true change. Do you think America could find it within itself to rise up out of their apathetic stupor and really change and revolutionize themselves or maybe even have implications beyond the borders of the USA?

stars I think you are right - several people at work today came up to me today saying - I want to get more invovled. If nothing else - this is a good thing.
Needs more white wine......

starsgoblue said:
Ok, so this thought might be too "heavy" for the bar. But given the light of recent political events, I'm curious if we are the verge of another new social movement....MLK and his work was a response to the political woes and social injustices of the day for example. It has usually been the PEOPLE and not the GOVERNMENT to bring true change. Do you think America could find it within itself to rise up out of their apathetic stupor and really change and revolutionize themselves or maybe even have implications beyond the borders of the USA?

Explain further, I don't understand. Do you mean going from the government handing out money to countries in need to the individuals donating time and money to other countries in need? Is that what you mean?

Nono....I mean the people creating the need for change.... I mentioned the civil rights movement and MLK for an example.

It is usually after ones government grossly falls short that social movements are born....get what I mean?

Originally posted by starsgoblue

I think that something has to happen
were nearing a Rome situation where were just too big and too bullyish and were gonna fall
I had the idea that america would do better to split up into three or two countries that were goverened differently since america is obviously deeply divided already
As of now we are practically in civil war mode amongst ourselves because of opinions on leadership and laws

I agree Tara...I think we are definetly on the verge of a huge social movement. And it has little to do with politics as much as it does the people.

The government only has as much power as we allow it...

u2bonogirl said:

sure love
something really big
Im not as grumpy as i was earlier but still kinda bent out of shape
music practice sucked:grumpy:
I hate playing bass

>>> Mixes a lucious Long Island Iced Tea for Tara <<<

Are you ready to talk about what's grumping you? Or you would rather talk about the new album arriving in just a few short weeks? :eyebrow:

I have a WB Yeats poem stuck in my head

I need to type it to soothe my nerves:crazy:

There was a man whom sorrow named his friend,
and he, of his high comrade sorrow dreaming,
went walking with slow steps along the gleaming
and humming sands, where windy surges wend:
and he called loudly to the stars to bend
from their pale thrones and comfort him, but they
among themselves laugh on and sing alway:

and then the man whom sorrow named his friend
cried out,
Dim sea, hear my most piteous story!
the sea wept on and cried her old cry still
rolling along in dreams from hill to hill
he fled the persecution of her glory.

and in a far off, gentle valley stopping,
cried all his story to the dewdrops glistening,
but naught they heard, for they are always listening
the dewdrops, to the sound of their own dropping.

and then the man whom sorrow named his friend,
sought once again the shore,
and found a shell.
and thought "I will my heavy story tell
till my own words re schoing shall send
their sadness through a hollow, pearly heart
and my own tale again for me shall sing
and my own whispering words be comfoteing
and lo my ancient burden may depart

then he sang softly night the pearly rim
but the sad dweller by the sea always lone
changed all he sang to inarticulate moan
among her wildering whirls,
forgetting him

okay, sorry if that was really long but i like it :reject:

starsforu2 said:

>>> Mixes a lucious Long Island Iced Tea for Tara <<<

Are you ready to talk about what's grumping you? Or you would rather talk about the new album arriving in just a few short weeks? :eyebrow:

my grumpyness is very complex
i think i just need affection at the moment
*sigh*
Im on a spiritual and emotional journey that feels more like a car wreck than a journey

tara - great poem - need to expand my poerty reading - I am stuck on Robert Frost myself
stars did you preorder the collectors ed? Where? I preordered from Amazon but if I can get it on the 23 that is my plan....
need new u2 now
right now:)
instead - more wine

Listening to Are you gonna wait forever right now - excellent song:)

u2bonogirl said:
*chugs her L I Iced tea and leans her head back on the bar*
I cant do anything right

:no: not you. I was referring to the "heavy" topic that Stars introduced. I mean it's all our bar, so anything goes. I would just rather not get into politics here. But, everyone can bring up what's most on the heart as well.

Sorry Stars, just not in the mood for disagreeing right now.

nurse chrissi said:
tara - great poem - need to expand my poerty reading - I am stuck on Robert Frost myself
stars did you preorder the collectors ed? Where? I preordered from Amazon but if I can get it on the 23 that is my plan....
need new u2 now
right now:)
instead - more wine

Listening to Are you gonna wait forever right now - excellent song:)

i was forced to read robert frost in 7th grade:lol:
hey look at that I smiled:wink:

I got the collectors ed album!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom