Octagon Bar - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2004, 08:07 AM   #421
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue

Hi Merc?
Hi stars!

Old 11-08-2004, 08:11 AM   #422
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:35 AM
What happened?

Old 11-08-2004, 08:13 AM   #423
Refugee

Location: Ashburn, VA (and permanently residing in u2bonogirls head!)
Local Time: 12:35 PM
** Walks behind the bar, rolls up the sleeves and gets to work **

All of this talk, is making me thirsty.

** Pours a Jack & Coke in honor of Digsy and hangs a Cow Bell by the register. **

The cowbell is for getting the waitstaff's attention. When you need more attention, just give it more cowbell

Hey Nurse, do you think BOC likes or hates the cowbell? Can you imagine you're whole career boiled down to "More Cowbell" How depressingly funny

** Puts Danish song that Merc sent me on the jukebox **

I like it. It reminds me of something, both vocally and musically. My problem is that my ears want to translate the Danish into an approximation of English, but I don't know a lick of Danish! I'll listen to it some more tonight, but it's losing to Snow Patrol's Run at the moment.

I can't wait until my iPod arrives so that I can quickly store new songs and bring them to work. Right now, I have to burn a disc to do that.

** Run comes on the jukebox and I continue to sweep behind the bar as the song slowly builds **

Hey, where did all the dudes go? Did they get girlfriends and only talk off-line now? If so. Lame! If we don't have more guys here, we'll just be Pleba-lite. Don't know why guys wouldn't want to be surrounded by these lovelies. At least Enajh still comes by (I have the hardest time remembering how to spell his name. Change it! ) I hope that manwiththespinninhead comes in to help serve drinks. We could use the help sometimes.

** Washes some glasses and peruses the receipts from last night **

No where in any of our arguments has anyone considered what the band wants.

Can you imagine that you pick a date for an evening out with dinner and a movie at a restaurant that you've never been to, and a movie that you've heard is wonderful. You've got the reservations, you've got the tickets, you're dressed up and your Keen to surprise your lover with all of this. You pick your lover up and you arrive at the restaurant, and your lover says "I love this place, I've been here every night for the last two weeks! You should try the steak!" The dinner is delicious and you drive to the theatre and as you get close, your lover says "I loved this movie! Oh, I can't wait for you to see it too!" The movie, of course is wonderful, but all of your planning was unnecessary, all of your attempts at surprising your lover were a waste of time. You can't help feeling a little betrayed, because your lover knew that you wanted to see this film and eat at that restaurant, but chose to not wait until you were ready to eat there and see that.

We ripped the album out of U2 hands, to get it into our hungry hands, not really caring what the band wants to do with it's own presents. Would you have downloaded the album if it had hit the internet back in July? Would you have justified it then? The principle that your are violating is the same. And I think the band is at best resigned to it being out there, but I don't think that they are happy.

Look, this is in many ways a minor point, and I wouldn't be getting this up-in-arms about it if people weren't pushing so hard for converts to their side. I'd say it's your choice, but once you start trying to sway people, then be prepared for the counter-arguments and this is one of mine.

Stars. I just disagree with you, but I'm still tickled by you. (hates confrontation)
Old 11-08-2004, 08:15 AM   #424
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
What happened?

Some in Germany didn't send the "Vertigo" singles to Denmark in time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's impossible to get any of them until tomorrow afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that Are you gonna wait forever? is a very suitable title - 'cause apparently I am!!!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:15 AM   #425
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:35 AM
Hey Stars:

Love and Peace - having a T Rex moment... with a bit of the Beatles thrown in for good measure. Waddaya think?
Old 11-08-2004, 08:19 AM   #426
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Merc

Some in Germany didn't send the "Vertigo" singles to Denmark in time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's impossible to get any of them until tomorrow afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that Are you gonna wait forever? is a very suitable title - 'cause apparently I am!!!
I feel your pain if I don't receive here today at work, I won't get it until Friday My trip is ill-timed for receiving U2 stuff.

** Squeezes Merc tightly **

Don't worry about a thing, every little thing is going to be alright...
Old 11-08-2004, 08:20 AM   #427
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by starsforu2
** Puts Danish song that Merc sent me on the jukebox **

I like it. It reminds me of something, both vocally and musically. My problem is that my ears want to translate the Danish into an approximation of English, but I don't know a lick of Danish! I'll listen to it some more tonight, but it's losing to Snow Patrol's Run at the moment.
Well, since my plans for the evening went down the drain - thanks to some in Germany! - I'll translate the song for you now...

Old 11-08-2004, 08:21 AM   #428
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Tania
Hey Stars:

Love and Peace - having a T Rex moment... with a bit of the Beatles thrown in for good measure. Waddaya think?

Definetly a T-Rex moment. I'm thinking it sounds a bit like INXS's 'Mystify"....
Old 11-08-2004, 08:22 AM   #429
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
[B
Stars. I just disagree with you, but I'm still tickled by you. (hates confrontation) [/B]

The most mature response I can muster to your post right now because I am still overjoyed by what I'm hearing right now:

Old 11-08-2004, 08:22 AM   #430
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Merc

Well, since my plans for the evening went down the drain - thanks to some in Germany! - I'll translate the song for you now...

Thanks and light
Old 11-08-2004, 08:22 AM   #431
New Yorker

Hey Tim:

Stars didn't really have to try to hard to persuade me, I was well on the way to the dark side all by myself, so don't be too hard on her.

Hey Merc, we got Vertigo CDs but NO DVD's for at least another week.... so I know exactly how you feel (well, sort of ...)
Old 11-08-2004, 08:24 AM   #432
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

I feel your pain if I don't receive here today at work, I won't get it until Friday My trip is ill-timed for receiving U2 stuff.

** Squeezes Merc tightly **

Don't worry about a thing, every little thing is going to be alright...
Awww... Hope you get it today!

Waiting until friday would make me !!! I'm glad I know for certain that I get it tomorrow afternoon...
Old 11-08-2004, 08:24 AM   #433
Refugee

Quote:

The most mature response I can muster to your post right now because I am still overjoyed by what I'm hearing right now:

Hooray that U2 makes you give me one of these and not a fat middle finger.

Old 11-08-2004, 08:57 AM   #434
New Yorker

Hey Guys,

time to go, its pissing down rain here and if I snuggle into bed and look out the wall of glass with my headphones on and u know who playing I'll be one happy camper

Have a nice evening/day whereever you are.

Old 11-08-2004, 09:07 AM   #435
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

Thanks and light
Song translated and sent...

Listning to it over and over actually made me feel better... so no more ing tonight...

Thanks Tim!