Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2bonogirl said:
hey tim, do you have the killers hot fuss?
if not first::shame:
its a great album
and second if you do, listen to the last song on the album
imagine dancing to it:sexywink:
its everything will be alright if you wanna download it off iTunes
:yes:
tara reccomends

I don't have it, but I think I will get it shortly, like maybe tomorrow or monday. A friend sent me Change Your Mind.
I like it.

So if the answer is no, can I change your mind?

I'll be sure to think of you when I finally do here the last song. I don't have an iTunes account yet. I'll set it up when I get my iPod.

this song is like nothing else on the album
its got a sex beat
a slow sex beat with drawling lyrics....
if i knew how to send a file i would. i have it on my computer
its on repeat right now because its keeping my mind off the album:cute:
and its also putting me in a 'mood':mac:

Thanks Nurse Chrissi! So, since you've been in bed all day with HTDAAB how is your conscience?

I'm not going to have problems sleeping tonight :wink:
I knew from the get go that I was going to totally be a slut with this album - If U2 wanted to read the Irish Times and download it I was going to find a way to download it. I still will be going out on the 23 and buy the album (along with the ipod, the collectors ed, and the box set from itms) but I need time to feel out each song
like I said miracle drug seems to be the song of choice right now I will probably move on to other songs in the next couple of days

Did I mention my undying love of the edge? - I really,really, really love him so much.

I agree with Tar Hot Fuss is a great album - the Killers are trying to be a baby u2 - they are actually doing a pretty good job of it.

u2bonogirl said:
this song is like nothing else on the album
its got a sex beat
a slow sex beat with drawling lyrics....
if i knew how to send a file i would. i have it on my computer
its on repeat right now because its keeping my mind off the album:cute:
and its also putting me in a 'mood':mac:

Do you have Windows Media Player? Try the following and see if it works...

Put the Cd in your computer
Open Windows Media Player

Look for FILE>CDs and Devices>Rip Audio CD

Choose the drive, and rip it. Send that file to me. :D

starsforu2 said:

Do you have Windows <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=13&k=media%20player" onmouseover="window.status='Media Player'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">Media Player</a>? Try the following and see if it works...

Put the Cd in your computer
Open Windows Media Player

Look for FILE>CDs and Devices>Rip Audio CD

Choose the drive, and rip it. Send that file to me. :D
i just tried sending you the file over e mail.
i dont know if it will work though
i just sent you my iTunes file. probably wont work huh?:reject:
I uploaded it there off the CD. hm
brb

nurse chrissi said:

I'm not going to have problems sleeping tonight :wink:
I knew from the get go that I was going to totally be a slut with this album - If U2 wanted to read the Irish Times and download it I was going to find a way to download it. I still will be going out on the 23 and buy the album (along with the ipod, the collectors ed, and the box set from itms) but I need time to feel out each song
like I said miracle drug seems to be the song of choice right now I will probably move on to other songs in the next couple of days

Did I mention my undying love of the edge? - I really,really, really love him so much.

I agree with Tar Hot Fuss is a great album - the Killers are trying to be a baby u2 - they are actually doing a pretty good job of it.

Well, I'm with you on the U2 buying spree, I'm eagerly awaiting all of that. Meanwhile, I guess I can pacify myself with the Killers!

I'm a big fan of these songs on Hot Fuss
-Somebody told me
-All of these things I've done
-Mr Brightside
Recommended listening would include the following
Ocean Colour Scene -hundred mile city
The Libertines - the whole of their new album
Black Rebal Motorcycle Club - spread your love/what ever happened to my rock and roll
The Streets - Fit but you know it/Dry your eyes
The Coral - esp Dreaming of you
Snow Patrol - Chocolate/Run/Splitting games

I also find Scissor Sister fun pop - plus a song with the title dirty/gorgeous is just too fun.

just something to help you through the next two weeks guys:)

Im back!
i got kicked off the internet twice by whatever is infecting the computer.:madspit: bleh
I couldnt figure out the whole sending file from iTunes thing, sorry :hug:
I really tried, but alas, she is terrible with technology....

nurse chrissi said:
I'm a big fan of these songs on Hot Fuss
-Somebody told me
-All of these things I've done
-Mr Brightside
Recommended listening would include the following
Ocean Colour Scene -hundred mile city
The Libertines - the whole of their new album
Black Rebal Motorcycle Club - spread your love/what ever happened to my rock and roll
The Streets - Fit but you know it/Dry your eyes
The Coral - esp Dreaming of you
Snow Patrol - Chocolate/Run/Splitting games

I also find Scissor Sister fun pop - plus a song with the title dirty/gorgeous is just too fun.

just something to help you through the next two weeks guys:)
OMG i love the streets
yes youre fit but, my gosh- dont you just know it!
:lol: that song makes me happy

The streets - excellent - intelligent quasi rap music
Fit but you know it is one of my favorites as well

I love witty weird stuff like that, its the geek in me talking.
When i read about a white brit rapping i was like 'Huh?':huh:
but then i heard it and just couldnt stop bopping my head to the music
i need to get the whole CD!
have you heard charlie mars?
the first song on his album sounds like bono had a child who inherited his voice, moved to america and made a record
no lie

I've been so lame in regards to exploring new music. I've got about a half dozen bands that I'm slavishly devoted to. I hardly listen to the radio anymore, so I require people with similar tastes to tell me what they find interesting. I think I'll check out Snow Patrol and The Killers.
I picked up Interpol, because someone raved about it. It was ok. It was pleasant although not particularly inspiring. I also picked up Modest Mouse which I liked alot. Float On was on constant repeat.
I'm bad like that too Chrissi. I listen to one song until I'm sick of it. Love getting too much of a good thing I guess. :wink:

I have to make an effort to find new music - that is one of the reasons I love ITMS - you can make imixes and post them on the site - I usually type in U2 and see what other people who like u2 also like - I've found quite a few good new groups (or new for me that way)
I also read a good number of music magazines to keep up to date on new music
still haven't found anything as good as u2:)

Night guys - I'm going to try and get a few hours of sleep before the inevitable 0500 call comes

Tara - i'm going to check out Charlie Mars - I'm always looking for new stuff

Im that way too:huh:
for a while i had to force myself to not listen to u2 just so i would expand my listening horizons
I have snow patrol, have had the album since it came out. :yes:
dont have the strokes
listened to modest mouse like three years ago before anybody had heard of them really. a friend of mine turned me on to them
i like the guy from interpol with the shoulder holster- i would totally rock that in my fedora and tight black bowler shirt with a tie:D
I have a weird sense of style:wink:

*dons a motherly attitude*
Tim shouldnt you be going to bed?:eyebrow: what time is it there?
I feel like Im keeping you up really late!:scream:
I wish you could meet me in the morning for coffee before i go to church, Im always real pleasant then:wink: :|
Then you could come see me bullshit my way on the bass:yes:
its a sight to be seen i tell you
two weeks ago i got a compliment! that i sounded like i knew what i was doing:lol:!

u2bonogirl said:
*dons a motherly attitude*
Tim shouldnt you be going to bed?:eyebrow: what time is it there?
I feel like Im keeping you up really late!:scream:
I wish you could meet me in the morning for coffee before i go to church, Im always real pleasant then:wink: :|
Then you could come see me bullshit my way on the bass:yes:
its a sight to be seen i tell you
two weeks ago i got a compliment! that i sounded like i knew what i was doing:lol:!

That would be wonderful to just fall into everyone's social sphere for a couple of days, find out if you like it or not. Decide if it's the life for you and then make decisions.

I love coffee. It's the best thing ever. I make a Hazelnut / Vanilla blend every morning. It's a little prissy but I do drink it black. :D

I do need to get going soon, but like previous nights, I find other things to do between posts. So, I actually accomplish stuff by sticking around.

So you're going to AZ, where Phoenix? I've been there once.

Edited to add: I know Chrissi is long gone, but that doesn't mean I get to be rude and not :wave: goodnight. :D

oh,i love coffee too.
thats why i was a barista for a while:wink:
I was getting really good at it too, pulling in really good tips

I love irish cream lattes and shite with coconut in it
or just some really strong coffee with cream:yes:

Im going to phoenix for 4 days. it sucks there:huh: all arid and deserty
is that a word?:eyebrow:
*goes off to search for a certain picture*:wink:
oh and Im 5'6"

u2bonogirl said:
oh,i love coffee too.
thats why i was a barista for a while:wink:
I was getting really good at it too, pulling in really good tips

I love irish cream lattes and shite with coconut in it
or just some really strong coffee with cream:yes:

Im going to phoenix for 4 days. it sucks there:huh: all arid and deserty
is that a word?:eyebrow:
*goes off to search for a certain picture*:wink:
oh and Im 5'6"

Well, the upside of you being in AZ is that if you can't be here, I'll be in bed earlier. :mac: :wink: The ladies across the pond go to bed much earlier than I, even when they stay up much later. You're stretching me in the other direction. :p There is a 9 hour difference between you and Merc. Everything is upside down here :laugh:

**Wanders into the bar**

**Goes behind desk and makes herself some hot chocolate for a change**

I can do it, I can wait... wait... wait... :angel:

... and tomorrow... :hyper: :dance: ... I'll be at a place called Vertigo! :dance:

I need to listen to some music so I don't go :crazy:...

**Goes over and looks through all the DJ's cd's**

Ohhh, this DJ has absolutely everything... Nice! :D Haven't heard that for a long time... and it fits the situation perfectly...

...since there's no one else around... I can play all the Danish music I want! :laugh:

**Puts on "tv-2" cd and starts to sing along - very loud**

"... denne svimlende længsel efter noget
dette glimt af gensynsglæde...

...Uret tikker, hjertet banker
hele verden fra forstanden
gør dog noget, løb for livet..."

Last edited:
hey guys

just a quick stop in to ask a few questions:

1 - i cant get the killers of itunes here in the UK - it doesnt have it!!! tara could you send me the file you tried to send tim pretty pretty please?

2 - and tim, can you send me a mail please but at another addres, the other one is my work address and i'm not going to be seeing it for a while

di_gordon@btopenworld.com

shot guys, i'll catch you later :wave:

Hello, Hello :wave:

:larry: :adam: :bono: :edge: have made me very :happy:

I have just been able to get the Vertigo singles and they are damm fine. Now if we can just get the DVD version in my life will be complete for the next two weeks while I patiently wait for the album to come out.

I think I need a beer, Kilkenny please.

Oh, and how is everyone else doing:wink:

Tania said:
Hello, Hello :wave:

I have just been able to get the Vertigo singles and they are damm fine. Now if we can just get the DVD version in my life will be complete for the next two weeks while I patiently wait for the album to come out.

I think I need a beer, Kilkenny please.

Oh, and how is everyone else doing:wink:

>>> Happily pours Kilkenny for Tania <<<

:eyebrow: I hear that you are attempting to be a HTDAAB virgin :applaud: There are 5 of us in here. Oh yeah :yes:

When you get the album, how do you plan to listen to it for the first time?

I'm looking forward to hearing Are You Gonna Wait Forever and I haven't heard the full version of Neon Lights either. It will all be good for me :happy:

This reminds me of a couple of years ago when I effectively stretched my birthday out for over a week, because I was out of town for my birthday, but my brother's family had cake for me when I returned and :blahblah: The point is, it will be like untying the bow slowly...

>>> Serves the Koolaid to the rest of the bar patrons in order to convince them that we are in FACT happier than those who've downloaded already <<<

Who wants Koolaid!!!

Merc said:
**Wanders into the bar**

**Goes behind desk and makes herself some hot chocolate for a change**

I can do it, I can wait... wait... wait...

... and tomorrow... :hyper: :dance: ... I'll be at a place called Vertigo!

I need to listen to some music so I don't go ...

**Goes over and looks through all the DJ's cd's**

Ohhh, this DJ has absolutely everything... Nice! Haven't heard that for a long time... and it fits the situation perfectly...

...since there's no one else around... I can play all the Danish music I want!

**Puts on "tv-2" cd and starts to sing along - very loud**

"... denne svimlende længsel efter noget
dette glimt af gensynsglæde...

...Uret tikker, hjertet banker
hele verden fra forstanden
gør dog noget, løb for livet..."

Oops, I sent a reply with nothing in it! :duh:

Merc, you're so :cute: You can play Danish music whenever you want, I won't pretend to understand what they are saying, but if its :dance:able then who cares? The closest I get to dancing to music in another language is when "I'm living La Vida Loca" with Ricky Martin. :laugh:

Digsy! :hug: I'm trying to send you an email but I think my email server (buried in the heart of Chicago, I think) is having issues. I'll keep trying, and if that doesn't work, I'll just send you PM through here. :madspit: Hate connectivity issues. :rant:

Merc, stay strong, it won't be long now... :hug:

Last edited:
Virgin.... chokes on beer, makes horrible snorting noises, gets red face and tears stream down ...... My, oh my, don't do that too me again....:ohmy:

I really don't know how I am going to listen to it....

I really love listening to music in my car and as I have a ten stack CD player with 6 speakers, this is THE best place. Usually a drive to the beach (about 5 minutes from my place) to watch the sun go down will do it but really it doesn't matter where I am because I know I will be jumping around at some point .... (can be quite embarrassing in public:huh:

I lurve stretching birthday's out.....cake, cake and more cake... alcohol, any excuse to party on.... :wink:

What has been your best birthday? :lol:

Tania said:
Virgin.... chokes on beer, makes horrible snorting noises, gets red face and tears stream down ...... My, oh my, don't do that too me again....:ohmy:

I really don't know how I am going to listen to it....

I really love listening to music in my car and as I have a ten stack CD player with 6 speakers, this is THE best place. Usually a drive to the beach (about 5 minutes from my place) to watch the sun go down will do it but really it doesn't matter where I am because I know I will be jumping around at some point .... (can be quite embarrassing in public:huh:

I lurve stretching birthday's out.....cake, cake and more cake... alcohol, any excuse to party on.... :wink:

What has been your best birthday? :lol:

Well, I don't know which one was the best but for the past several years I tried to give myself something significant, or do something significant. This was the first year in several that I didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

Let's see (reaches back into memory)

In 2000, I was leaving a job, and so my co-workers had a going away party for me and one other woman. It was a lot of fun :wink: Because I knew I was leaving, my main gift to me was moving down to Virginia at the end of October (I was living in upstate NY, about 2 hours from the city). Couple that with the new U2 album and it was sort of a magical time.

In 2001, I bought a house.

In 2002, I took a flight down to Orlando, met up with a friend and we went to MGM studios in the Disney complex. That was fun. My grandmother has a property down there, with a pool, and it was fun to lie on a raft, with a book and a beer.

In 2003, I went to Texas to meet up with who I thought might be Mrs. Starsforu2. It didn't work out, but at the time, it was one of the happiest B-days.

In 2004, I had cake at my brother's house and his kids were eager to give me presents. It was much better than I thought it would be. I tend to want to get maudlin about getting older, which is part of the reason why I have sought significance on my birthday.

** Checks the time *** Whoa, gotta go! Later Tania! Thanks for coming and chatting with me :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom