Ocean Colour Scene

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
does anyone know anything about them? I was just reading about The Doves and how they were "influenced by The Verve, Radiohead and Ocean Colour Scene," but I've never heard of Ocean Colour Scene, wtf?

this is making me feel ill

They're good, sound very 70s rock n' roll. If you've seen Almost Famous, they sound a lot like "Stillwater". Or at least the few songs I've heard.

They're ok, UnforgettableLemon got the description kinda right, they definitely go for that 70s rock style, but I've listened to one of their albums at some point and it was pretty hum drum. I love the song "100 Mile High City" I think it's called, so that sucked me in, but besides that, they're fairly run of the mill stuff, nothing special. IMO! One of my mates thinks they're great, sucker for the whole 70s guitar thing though.

I really like Ocean Colour Scene. They ARE very retro-rock, however. I can see how they could have been an influence for the Doves, but their music is pretty different. Still a fun band, though. They make me want to drive a pick-up truck across the country.

And by the way Wanderer, from this and another thread you seem to be discovering alot of Brit music, have you checked out Supergrass yet? If not do, their 2nd album "In It For The Money" is one of the best albums of the 90s. 3rd self titled album is pretty damn good too.

South!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"There's a danger in every story and every smile" - South

Top notch band. Big time retro sound-like Beatles meet The Who. They write great songs, that's why they're so good. Singer has awesome pipes, and the band is ace. The guitar player also plays w/ Paul Weller, live and on record.

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
does anyone know anything about them? I was just reading about The Doves and how they were "influenced by The Verve, Radiohead and Ocean Colour Scene," but I've never heard of Ocean Colour Scene, wtf?

this is making me feel ill

------------------
Fuck, the cooler's empty!

Back
Top Bottom