Oasis Top 10...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mac Phisto

The Fly
My list, which is one man's opinion...but probably correct.

1- Live Forever
2- Wonderwall
3- Don't Look Back In Anger
4- Champagne Supernova
5- The Masterplan
6- Acquiesce
7- Supersonic
8- Whatever
9- Slide Away
10- Lyla

Honorable mention: Don't Go Away, Cast No Shadow, The Hindu Times, Let There Be Love, Cigarettes & Alcohol, Some Might Say

1. 'Live Forever'
2. 'Acquiesce'
3. 'The Masterplan'
4. 'Don't Look Back In Anger'
5. 'Slide Away'
6. 'Listen Up'
7. 'Cast No Shadow'
8. 'Whatever'
9. 'Rock N' Roll Star'
10. 'Talk Tonight'

My honourable mention to 'Solve My Mystery'.

Good lists:up: Think honourable mentions should also go to:

Half a World Away
Little By Little

nice ...

1. whatever
2. rock n roll star
3. some might say
4. the hindu times
5. fade away
6. slide away
7. who feels love
8. go let it out
9. cloudburst (live forever b-side - love that beat!)
10. i will keep the dream alive

too fookin right,
d'ya know what i mean?

Last edited:
Nice thread. :up:

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER
1. Live Forever
2. Champagne Supernova
3. Whatever
4. Don't Look Back In Anger
5. Stand By Me
6. Sunday Morning Call
7. Morning Glory
8. Some Might Say
9. Wonderwall
10. Turn Up The Sun

Honorable Mentions: Married With Children, Rock n Roll Star, Go Let It Out.

1// 'Wonderwall'
2// 'Champagne Supernova'
3// 'Going Nowhere'
4// 'Let There be Love'
5// 'Married with Children'
6// 'Some Might Say'
7// 'Supersonic'
8// 'Don't Look Back in Anger'
9// 'Morning Glory'
10// 'Lyla'

HM: 'Don't Go Away', 'Sad Song', 'The Masterplan', 'Mucky Fingers', and 'Stay Young'

In no order:
Cigarettes And Alcohol
Don't Look Back in Anger
Mucky Fingers
The Importance Of Being Idle
Go Let It Out
Gas Panic
Acquiesce
The Hindu Times
Who Feels Love
The Masterplan

1. The Masterplan
2. Acquiesce
3. Morning Glory
4. Live Forever
5. Rock 'n' Roll Star
6. Songbird
7. Don't Look Back In Anger
8. Supersonic
9. Half The World Away
10. Cigarettes & Alcohol

Oddly enough, I just did this out of boredom a few days ago.

1. Wonderwall
2. Talk Tonight
3. The Masterplan
4. Live Forever
5. Where Did It All Go Wrong?
6. Whatever
7. D'Ya Know What I Mean?
8. Acquiesce
9. Little By Little
10. Let There Be Love.

Honorable mentions: Sunday Morning Call, Gas Panic!, Don't Go Away, Cigarrettes and Alcohol and Morning Glory.

1- Live Forever
2- Don't Look Back In Anger
3- Acquiesce
4- Champagne Supernova
5- Stand By Me
6- Morning Glory
7- Wonderwall
8- Let There Be Love
9- Importance Of Being Idle
10- Turn Up The Sun

1. Some Might Say
2. Champagne Supernova
3. Supersonic
4. Wonderwall
5. Don't Look Back In Anger
6. The Masterplan
7. Whatever
8. Columbia
9. Cigarettes And Alcohol
10. Acquiesce

1. Don't Go Away (Heartbreaking sap - but damn it's fine)
2. Cast No Shadow
3. Morning Glory
4. The Masterplan
5. Go Let It Out (It's all about that whistle!)
6. Little By Little
7. Fuckin' In The Bushes (OK, It's technically and instrumental - but it rocks)
8. Stop Crying Your Heart Out
9. Round Our Way (Round Are Way??)
10. Supersonic

Mad props to 'Stabnd By Me' though - gets better with age, but still cant crack the Top 10. Please note there are maybe 3 tracks off the new album that MAY have top 10 potential.

Oasis AND lists?!! :hyper:

1. The Masterplan (great lyrics)
2. Let There Be Love (one of the classic vocal performances from both brothers)
3. Talk Tonight (Love it. So thoughtful, tender and reflective)
4. Underneath the sky (One of their best intros ever IMO)
5. Don't Look Back In Anger (Possibly perfection. Gets even better on FTM when the crowd sing the chorus)
6. Half The World Away (The song that got me into the band)
7. Whatever (Not so sure about the "get on the bus" bit but it's a great tune nonetheless)
8. Supersonic (The high vocal of the bridge is fantastic)
9. My Big Mouth ( :drool: the ending)
10. Idler's Dream (Beautiful, simply beautiful :sad: )

Honourable mentions: Everything else they've done. The fact we all chose so many different songs for our top ten shows their wide appeal. And also, Headshrinker. The song to play people when they argue Liam can't sing, followed by Little James (ignore the lyrics, the vocal people, it's all about THAT vocal!) or Let There Be Love.

Yeah, I like, Nay, LOVE the B-sides! ;) (though didn't reckon a lot to Lyla's B-sides. Eyeball Ticker?? Were The Importance of Being Idle ones any better?)

Too hard....

Ummm.....

No order...

Supersonic
Morning Glory
Wonderwall
Be Here Now
I Hope I Think I Know
Dyou know what I mean
Where did it all go wrong
Force of nature
Little By Little
Bell Will Ring

babyman said:
Wow! Have Oasis really done at least 10 good songs???
:wink: :wink:

Don't be ridiculous! Oasis have never written a good song in their entire career! Now how many utterly fantastic songs they have written is completely another matter ;)

Seriously though, with me Oasis songs seem to veer between the excellent (most of them) and the amazingly terrible (a merciful few). But each to their own and all that :)

TheQuiet1 said:
Yeah, I like, Nay, LOVE the B-sides! ;) (though didn't reckon a lot to Lyla's B-sides. Eyeball Ticker?? Were The Importance of Being Idle ones any better?)
What about "Won't Let You Down"? It's one of Liam's best songs yet.

As for the "Importance of Being Idle" B-sides, yeah, they're pretty good. There's "Pass Me Down the Wine," another great Liam tune with a kind of flamenco rhythm and acoustic guitar and some harmonies similar to "Guess God Thinks I'm Abel." Then there's "The Quiet Ones" (which ought to be right up your alley), a short acoustic number with a nice vocal.

Oh, and my top ten ever would probably be:

1) "Fade Away"
2) "Stand By Me"
3) "Stay Young"
4) "The Masterplan"
5) "Live Forever"
6) "Champagne Supernova"
7) "Rock 'N' Roll Star"
8) "Guess God Thinks I'm Abel"
9) "Listen Up"
10) "Whatever"

TheQuiet1 said:

Don't be ridiculous! Oasis have never written a good song in their entire career! Now how many utterly fantastic songs they have written is completely another matter ;)

Seriously though, with me Oasis songs seem to veer between the excellent (most of them) and the amazingly terrible (a merciful few). But each to their own and all that :)

;) Well, I actually confess that i liked Oasis at least until Standing on the shoulders of giants, i have all their records until that one and i used to liked them. But I start disliking them because in the end they have no more surprised me, it's like they're doing everytime the same songs..........
And Liam, he's the luckiest man in the world, he can't do a damn thing and he's got so much money! :)
I got tired of all their usual proclamations about being the very best band in the world, and the rest is nothing! They actually never proved to be great musicians, they're vagabonds to explore new grounds, they've never put themselves in discussion. Listening to them became like eating every day the same meal............i'm afraid about, i actually thought that Oasis would have written a new page of rock n roll, but they became monotonous and predictable. I mean, who in this world will remember in ten years tracks like Lyla or The importance of being idle? Come on, these are senseless pop songs, like many many others. I don't speak like someone who just wants to bash down Oasis, I speak as a former Oasis fan who really got frustrated of a band that spends its time just to watch itself in the mirror thinking it is the most beautiful thing in music.........................but it's absolutely not.
I don't want to discuss your taste of course, in the end it's just my opinion, it's obvious you may see it different. ;)
But I still believe that Noel Gallagher is a great artist, he's wasting his time with Oasis and his fortunate stupid brother! :wink:
A solo career would be much more appropriate for him.

typhoon said:

What about "Won't Let You Down"? It's one of Liam's best songs yet.

I admit I did quite enjoy that but it didn't seem to be in the same category for me as the HC B-sides.

Then there's "The Quiet Ones" (which ought to be right up your alley), a short acoustic number with a nice vocal.

:lol: I thought that when I saw it in HMV (why they insist on putting the singles and music mags right in front of the tills in one of their stores so you have to be queuing to look at them is beyond me. Apart from the sheer inconvience of joining the queue to get near the mags, thus holding up everyone else when you get there it also means that if you're queuing up with purchases, cash in hand ready to pay and spot something else you want to buy you've got to fiddle about getting more cash out. It's crazy!) So it's acoustic...as soon as I knew it was written by Gem I thought, "This is gonna be a load of senseless noise". You've convinced me if I see it I'll probably buy it now.

I got tired of all their usual proclamations about being the very best band in the world, and the rest is nothing!
I can relate to that. Don't get me wrong, I do love their stuff, but they have been many times when I've felt like they were just going through the motions and I KNEW they could do better. IMHO DBTT has finally been the album when Oasis have got the message that 'average' simply won't do. But after 2 years in the making it's just as well! :)
I mean, who in this world will remember in ten years tracks like Lyla or The importance of being idle?

I think there are far better songs off Don't Believe The Truth that show Oasis have 'returned to form' than the ones that have been released as singles. I like TIOBI but as an album track, not as a single.

1. Supersonic
2. The importance of being idle
3. Sunday morning call
4. Stop cryin ur heart out
5. Whatever
6. Keep the dream alive
7. who feels love?
8. Live forever
9. Carry us all
10. Acquiesce

In order is too hard, top 10;
Live Forever
Supersonic
Little By Little
Champagne Supernova
Don't Look Back In Anger
Cast No Shadow
Whatever (I love that song, but where can you buy it, I dunno which album it's on....)
Let There Be Love (best song on their new album)
Morning Glory
Cigarettes & Alcohol

1. Morning Glory
2. Don't Look back in anger
3. Love Like a bomb
4. Go let it out
5. Live Forever
6. Lyla
7. Let There Be Love
8. Champagne Supernova
9. Rock N Roll Star
10. Wonderwall

I'm a recent fan, I haven't heard some of their stuff, but I guess this list fits like this. But for sure it will be different next month.

Back
Top Bottom