Oasis take it out on their audience & techs this time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
At a show Noel played "Wonderwall" alone, so, you know, obviously crowd sings along. All of a sudden he says "shut up or I'm leaving". (and I bet he put it a lot more plain that that)

Same show, the band is having problems with sound. So their sound techs apparently got a bunch of F-words coming in from Liam.

I think most people go to an Oasis show and kind of expect to be insulted sometime along the way, so no real harm done, right? :)

noel sings wonderwall differently now (similiar to the cover version ryan adams did). anyway he said that everytime the crowd sings along they sing it the old way and it gets him screw up and he ends up stopping the song early.

noel isn't the type of person to go "hey guys, could ya please stop singing it the old way. it's got me all screwed up". of course not...he's going to yell "shut up ya stupid gits and let me fooking sing the damn song."

anyway....as ya can tell I :heart: noel so i guess i gotta defend my man. :sexywink:

they played WW at the concert that i saw this summer. it was one of the first time they played it in years. i didn't see the NY setlists at the time so i didn't even know they were going to play it cause they didn't the whole tour previously except in florida when liam left the stage. i started jumping around like a mad women. it made my summer to hear WW and DLBIA live and meeting both gallaghers in the same night. it doesn't get much better than that. :D

Ooooh, I heard that was a good show. Was that the one that had Sam Roberts supporting? I love him.

My fiance's been to see Oasis a lot -- he's a bit obsessed. ;) He went to two of the Finsbury Park shows in July.

yeah that's the one. unfortunately we missed him cause me and my friend got there late. we went to the hotel to meet oasis and we were cutting it real close to make it on time.

met noel at the hotel so that made up for missing sam. he's coming to my city next month so i'll have to see him then.

wow...i'm jealous...would have loved to been at finsbury.:yes:

I used to think that Noel had a better voice, but then I realized he can only sing lovey-dovey ballad-type songs with his voice. Liam's got the gritty rocknroll voice, but can also show a softer side.

Not that I mind Noel's singing, but I like Liam's better.

They are so incredible live. I wish they toured more in the states and were popular to play bigger venues. I got to see them at the Tweeter Center in MA last summer. Outdoor venue, they were touring w/ the Crows at the time. I think they're like U2 in that their music is wwwwaaaaaayyyyyyy better in a big setting. The first time I saw OASIS was at the Murat in Indy...way way way to small for their time of music IMO.

Oasis...a band that never got it's due here in the US, which really is a pity. They could've saved rock over here had they not released the bloated Be Here Now. Don't get me wrong, there are some good tunes on that record, but between the pompous over production, the failed tours, and their blatent disgust for america, well, I guess it's not surprising.

Sadly, if OASIS was an american band, not only would we have put up with it, we'd have put 'em on a pedastle and made damn sure that everyone in the world felt the same way.

I am curious. Noel has said on more than one occasion that it was five albums, then they were done. Now I heard him say recently that they'll do one more, then that's it. I'm sure he's just saying crap, but does anyone have info to support/deny this idea?

popkidu2 said:
I used to think that Noel had a better voice, but then I realized he can only sing lovey-dovey ballad-type songs with his voice.
He does well with a song like "Magic Pie."

popkidu2 said:
I used to think that Noel had a better voice, but then I realized he can only sing lovey-dovey ballad-type songs with his voice.

You really think so? What about songs like Don't Look Back In Anger, Step Out, and Force Of Nature? I think Noel can do the rockers too.

Oasis...a band that never got it's due here in the US, which really is a pity. They could've saved rock over here had they not released the bloated Be Here Now.

Sadly, if OASIS was an american band, not only would we have put up with it, we'd have put 'em on a pedastle and made damn sure that everyone in the world felt the same way.

Agreed. I thought Be Here Now was good, but it wasn't really what America was looking for at the time. It was way too over-the-top and there were too many repetitive lyrics and guitar solos. Nonetheless, the fact that they were "oh so British" didn't help their image either. Nor did the Beatles homages.

I am curious. Noel has said on more than one occasion that it was five albums, then they were done. Now I heard him say recently that they'll do one more, then that's it. I'm sure he's just saying crap, but does anyone have info to support/deny this idea?

I heard him before BHN say that "I see it as three albums and that's it" or something akin to that. Honestly, I think they'll be in Oasis as long as they can play their instruments, maybe longer. Can you imagine them doing anything else?

Back
Top Bottom