Oasis take it out on their audience & techs this time - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 12-21-2002, 04:26 PM   #16
Local Time: 05:37 AM
Originally posted by popkidu2
I used to think that Noel had a better voice, but then I realized he can only sing lovey-dovey ballad-type songs with his voice.
You really think so? What about songs like Don't Look Back In Anger, Step Out, and Force Of Nature? I think Noel can do the rockers too.

Oasis...a band that never got it's due here in the US, which really is a pity. They could've saved rock over here had they not released the bloated Be Here Now.

Sadly, if OASIS was an american band, not only would we have put up with it, we'd have put 'em on a pedastle and made damn sure that everyone in the world felt the same way.
Agreed. I thought Be Here Now was good, but it wasn't really what America was looking for at the time. It was way too over-the-top and there were too many repetitive lyrics and guitar solos. Nonetheless, the fact that they were "oh so British" didn't help their image either. Nor did the Beatles homages.

I am curious. Noel has said on more than one occasion that it was five albums, then they were done. Now I heard him say recently that they'll do one more, then that's it. I'm sure he's just saying crap, but does anyone have info to support/deny this idea?
I heard him before BHN say that "I see it as three albums and that's it" or something akin to that. Honestly, I think they'll be in Oasis as long as they can play their instruments, maybe longer. Can you imagine them doing anything else?