Oasis - Stop the clocks tracklisting...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shortfuse

The Fly
I got this listing from their official website www.oasisinet.com

Rock n Roll Star
Some Might Say
Talk Tonight
Lyla
The Importance of Being Idle
Wonderwall
Slide Away
Cigarettes & Alcohol
The Masterplan
Live Forever
Acquiesce
Supersonic
Half The World Away
Go Let It Out
Songbird
Morning Glory
Champagne Supernova
Don't Look Back In Anger

Maybe its not a surprise to see so many songs from their first two albums, but when you couple that with 4 b-sides that leaves the last 4 studio albums very poorly represented.
Look at some of the tracks that have been overlooked

D'ya know what i mean
Don't go away
Sunday morning call
Stop cryin your heart out
little by little
the hindu times

While i agree that for a band like Oasis, who in my opinion have the third best catalogue after U2 and the Beatles, it is really hard to select just 18 songs for a best of, this really is quite a poor selection.

People on the oasis website are saying Noel sabotaged the selection on purpose cos he didn't want this release to do well... he wanted a retrospective after Oasis had packed it in:huh: :lol:

Nothing from Be Here Now? :down:

So does this mean Stop the Clocks and The Boy With the Blues won't be released? :(

Plus there's no way on Earth that 'Lyla' could ever be considered an example of Oasis' best work. :tsk:

A very poor selection. In fact, it's a disapointment.
I'm the kind of consumer and listener that defends that a compilation of this kind (it doesn't matter if it's named "Best Of" or "Essential" or "Greatest Hits") must include the hits and this or that song that people will recognize later because they remember the video or it received airplay.
I find dispointing when I buy a compilation and then... "hey, where this and that song? they were huge hits, why aren't they here?".

In my opinion what Oasis made with this tracklist was the same U2 did with The Best Of 1990-2000. They put several tracks from their 2 first albums and the hits from their last album, that are the ones that seemed to please everyone. The absence of songs from an album they say thay don't like, and the lack of songs from their least successful albums prove it.

I think that they have so many hits (mostly in Europe and even more in the UK, naturally!) that it could have turned a 2 cd compilation, in fact.

1. Stop the clocks *
2. The hindu times
3. Supersonic
3. Whatever
4. Some might say
5. Songbird
6. Let there be love
7. Lyla
8. Aquiesce
9. Sunday morning call
10. Who feels love?
11. Roll with it
12. Wonderwall
13. Shakermarker
14. Don't look back in anger
15. Stand by me

1. Boy with the blues *
2. Go let it out
3. Cigarretes & alcohol
3. Champagne supernova
4. D'you know what I mean?
5. Stop crying your heart out
6. Put yer money where yer mouth is
7. The importance of being idle
8. Live forever
9. She is love
10. Don't go away
11. The masterplan
12. Morning glory
13. Little by little
14. All around the world
15. Roll it over

* "Stop the clocks" is an outtake from DBTT and named the compilation and in forums "Boy with the blues" was rumoured to be included as another bonus track.

I hope I didn't forget any important song...

I'd rather them save Stop the Clocks and Boy With the Blues for the potential '07 release and leave more space for their other work.

It's the same way I felt about Electrical Storm and The Hands That Built America taking up space on the Best of 90-00 cd.

Fuckin' in the Bushes
Stay Young
The Hindu Times
All Around the World

are my gloring omissions, otherwise, I love what songs they chose.

TheQuiet1 said:
Nothing from Be Here Now? :down:

Plus there's no way on Earth that 'Lyla' could ever be considered an example of Oasis' best work. :tsk:

I'm not that big of an Oasis fan (if I'm even one at all), but I completely agree. Be Here Now has a few tracks I actually like, and Lyla is as mediocre and uninspiring as I've ever heard Oasis. TERRIBLE single.

Very ordinary tracklisiting but will certainly please the casual Oasis fan, which I suppose is the ultiimate aim of the whole thing.

If a 2-disc compilation had to be released now (which I don't think should happen), it should have, like Aygo's pretty decent selection, 30 tracks.

I'll try and think up my own...

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'd rather them save Stop the Clocks and Boy With the Blues for the potential '07 release and leave more space for their other work.

It's the same way I felt about Electrical Storm and The Hands That Built America taking up space on the Best of 90-00 cd.

:yes: I think so too.

And I agree with the weak tracklist from this best of. From their last 3 albums only 4 tracks made the cut! Unbelievable!

I think at least these songs should be on it:

Do you know what I mean
Stand by me
Whatever
The hindu times

Way too many songs from WTSMG.

I love the artwork though.

I think it's really tight of Oasis not to put Whatever on the album. It's got to be one of the hardest A-side Oasis songs to get hold of yet also one of their best (provided you can forgive that awful "Get on the bus" lyric). It seems a shame more people won't get to hear it.

When all is said and done, and Oasis is finished for sure, I expect a full-on Best Of collection.

The guys will actually put thought into it, and make a quality release with the bonus stuff the fans will want.

Atleast I hope so.

Back
Top Bottom