oasis/stereophonics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gav6519

War Child
anyone else see the similarities?

both have a classic first album followed up by an ok second, followed by a number of below average albums where they are trying to recapture something they had years ago.

both supported u2

both sacked their drummer

both reached mainstream success at the second single from their second albums (just looking and wonderwall)

both have bushy eyed lead singers.

Im not fussed on Oasis anymore but still love the stereophonics

Well, personally I find "Definitely Maybe" grossly overrated and enjoy "Heaven Chemistry" quite a lot.

Another similarity could be, both received a gushing 5-star review from Q magazine for the least deserving albums.

Oasis had a stone-cold classic second album....

....The Stereophonics did not and are one of the worst bands of all time.:)

martha said:
Lame question: What do the Stereophonics sound like? Or, more accurately, who do they sound like?

I dont think they sound like anyone. Have you never heard them?

and oasis blatently stole the guitar riff from same sized feet for the hindu times

which bears odd similarities to:

tsunami by the manics
turkish song of the damned by the pogues
another bag of bricks by flogging molly

it's a similar progression...besides Noel was noodling around with it for years

both are excellent songs though

I don't think the Stereophonics sounds like anyone else. You should definitely check out some of their stuff, martha. Let me know if you'd like some song recommendations.

HeartlandGirl said:
I don't think the Stereophonics sounds like anyone else. You should definitely check out some of their stuff, martha. Let me know if you'd like some song recommendations.

:wave:
Can I have a few recommendations...I've only heard of them. I always wondered what they sounded like.

Okay, let's see...

I'm mostly familiar with their recent popular stuff, but that's good for starting out, I suppose. I'm sure a hardcore, longtime fan will come along and tell you some totally different songs, but oh well!

You might try:

Handbags and Gladrags
Maybe Tomorrow
I'm Alright (You Gotta Go There to Come Back)
Have a Nice Day
Madame Helga

I just recently got into them, and I like everything of theirs so far, but I'm still working on getting to know their music through and through. Apparently their older stuff is more rocking. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
get word gets around
1000 trees, local boy in the photograph, same sized feet, tramps vest, last of the big time drinkers and best of the lot, traffic.

HeartlandGirl said:
Okay, let's see...

I'm mostly familiar with their recent popular stuff, but that's good for starting out, I suppose. I'm sure a hardcore, longtime fan will come along and tell you some totally different songs, but oh well!

You might try:

Handbags and Gladrags
Maybe Tomorrow
I'm Alright (You Gotta Go There to Come Back)
Have a Nice Day
Madame Helga

I just recently got into them, and I like everything of theirs so far, but I'm still working on getting to know their music through and through. Apparently their older stuff is more rocking. Hope that helps!

Id recommend their older stuff

The Bartender and the theif - this is a great catchy, upbeat tune.
A Thousand Trees
Hurry Up and Wait
I Wouldn't Believe Your Radio

get word gets around
1000 trees, local boy in the photograph, same sized feet, tramps vest, last of the big time drinkers and best of the lot, traffic.
A Thousand Trees
Hurry Up and Wait

:yes:

I also like "Rooftop" from JEEP and "I Stopped to Fill My Car Up" from PandC.

They're such a good live band. I'll miss seeing them in the US, though, and don't think I'd ever go to a show here in the UK. Too expensive, and too many people. :slant:

I stopped to fill my car up - I thought I put that in - I love that song I think it sounds really sad

I saw them live :heart: :love: They were good :yes:

HeartlandGirl said:

I honestly have no idea. Anyone else?

No they are covers - I think Martha knew that though :)

Rods handbags and gladrags is practically the same as the sterophonics one

Plagirism at its finest. :up:

Quote:
get word gets around

Quote:
A Thousand Trees
Hurry Up and Wait
Originally posted by meegannie

:yes:

I also like "Rooftop" from JEEP and "I Stopped to Fill My Car Up" from PandC.

They're such a good live band. I'll miss seeing them in the US, though, and don't think I'd ever go to a show here in the UK. Too expensive, and too many people. :slant:

Definitely agree with those song recs... :yes: I love local boy in the photograph...Megan, remember the welsh guy at 930? :laugh: Kelly Jones = :) 'have a niiiccce day...' *scowl... :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom