Oasis Starting Afresh on Next Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
NEW YORK (Billboard) - British rock band Oasis will regroup this month for a new round of sessions for its next studio album, the follow-up to its 2002 release "Heathen Chemistry."

"We hope to have a new album out in February/March 2005, so hopefully you will hear some new tunes by the end of the year," guitarist Noel Gallagher (news) said in a letter to U.K. publication New Musical Express.

Oasis had begun work on the album with Death In Vegas' Richard Fearless and Tim Holmes. "We drew up a list of songs (10 in total), booked Sawmills Studio in Cornwall and gave ourselves three weeks," Gallagher said. "Unfortunately, after the recording process we decided we didn't like anything we had played/recorded during those three weeks, and because of commitments with Death In Vegas, Richard Fearless and Tim Holmes couldn't find any more time to give to the project."

Attempts to bring the project back under the band's control did not meet with success. "It was then decided we would attempt to finish off the record ourselves, which so far has proven quite frustrating and fruitless," Gallagher said. "All the while, new songs have been written and old ones have fallen away. So we think the 'moment' for that particular record has passed."

In the meantime, Oasis will revisit its 1994 debut "Definitely Maybe" with the Sept. 6 release of "Definitely Maybe -- The DVD." Rounding out the package is four hours of archival and new footage, such as an hour-long documentary about the "Definitely Maybe" recording sessions, concert and TV performances of such singles as "Live Forever," "Cigarettes and Alcohol" and "Supersonic," music videos and interviews with band members and associates. A limited edition of the DVD will include an additional disc live performances and interviews.

Reuters/Billboard

The problem is Noel goes off his own songs so quickly, if the cd is not recorded very quickly and smoothly he will have binned half the songs by the time it's ready for production...

btw SOTSOG is Oasis's best album imo, and theyre my second or third favourite band (can you guess who's first? ;))

Gas Panic :drool:

Saracene said:
Hey, I do. But then I like "Heathen Chemistry" more than "Definitely Maybe", which probably classifies me as insane, :)

:laugh:

Not sure which of those two I like more--each has its moments--but Morning Glory is definitely my favoritest of all.

Edit: Oh, and by the way, I am also looking forward to a new Oasis album. :up:

Last edited:
i can't wait to here the newalbum.

btw...did anyone get to hear the 2 new ones that they playyed at glasto?

are they any good?

Sweet Tart said:
i can't wait to here the newalbum.

btw...did anyone get to hear the 2 new ones that they playyed at glasto?

are they any good?

i downloaded both songs from the poole concert off of bearshare......they both sound unfinished but still very good, especially "a bell will ring"

Back
Top Bottom