Oasis or Coldplay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which do you prefer?

• Coldplay

Votes: 45 48.9%
  • Oasis

Votes: 32 34.8%
  • Neither. Both are completely overrated.

Votes: 15 16.3%

• Total voters
Sleep Over Jack said:

Congratulations on the most condescending post of the night.

Why, thankyou, that's most generous.
I have a feeling you haven't heard many Oasis songs.:huh: [/B]

You think THAT'S not utterly condescending?

The difference being, I was arsing about, not being serious. Hence the last bit about to each their own, yadda yadda. :huh:

Oh, and while we're on ths subject: Some Might Say is a bangin' song with a great tune and a good message. The lyrics still suck though.

In all honesty, I personally don't have a problem with listening to either band. Maybe you and I appreciate different things and therefore hold different opinions? No need to get yer knickers in a knot about it. :)

Last edited:
*BOOMCHAA!* said:
I like both of them....they're both extremely different.

Just to sound even more facetious (what the hell, may as well go the whole hog, now I'm on a roll): it's kind of funny that the 3 bands all have healthy respect for one another, while we are here arguing black is white.

I'm still raging over the idaho vs. oregon potato debate.

Zoomerang96 said:
are you saying both are extremely (ironic choice of word) boring, cu7o?

:sexywink:

EYE would say so!!!

FIEHJWUIFGHWUEHGFW

:sexywink:

This poll is clearly demeaning the artistic merit of potatoes.

I suggest the thread be sacked.

cujo said:

i would root for this wholeheartedly :up:

cujo said:

ROFLMFAO! Glad to see that this has degenerated into farce as usual! :wink:

You gotta fight for the right (of potato people) to party.

Last edited:
What do U2 people think of the new Oasis single? in my opinion,very poor attempt at a comeback, almost self parody.
Coldplays new 1 Speed of sound is a good song, but when i listen to it, sounds like Clocks to me. Best song they ever did was The scientist.

a better question would be : Who would win out of a fight between Chris Martin and Liam or Noel (either brother would do)?
:wink:

FullonEdge2 said:
I find Oasis boring. With Coldplay, I love the chilling and beautiful harmonies. I guess a lot of people would disagree, but I don't think this one is even close.

This is the exact OPPOSITE of how I feel. I love Oasis, I do consider many of their songs to be beautiful and haunting. Coldplay is boring, and the singer's voice is so intolerably whiney I can't enjoy ANYTHING they do. This one ISN'T close- Oasis by a hundred miles!

Last edited:
I can't believe there's even a debate about this. Hands down it's Coldplay. Oasis has come and gone, but Coldplay has a long future ahead of them.

no contest, Oasis is easily better than Coldplay. I mean, Oasis pretty much were the pioneers of the whole Britpop era with Definitely Maybe and (What's the Story) Morning Glory. The impact of both of those records was nuclear. Until I see Coldplay do something that was so massive or has such a great impact, they'll never be at Oasis's level. Coldplay's first to records are good, but they aren't landmark albums. I believe that both Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory are landmark albums

Back
Top Bottom