Oasis Injured in Car Accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Hi you guys, this is for the Oasis fans out there :)

RECOVERING: Three members of the Brit-rock group Oasis injured in Indianapolis Tuesday when their taxi was involved in a head-on collision. Guitarist Noel Gallagher, bass player Andy Bell and keyboard player Jay Darlington suffered cuts and heavy bruising, Reuters reports. The band has canceled its concert in Indianapolis, and no word on whether the rest of the U.S. tour will continue.

yikes. I am neutral on Oasis (neither like nor dislike them) but that sucks. :( Hopefully they all are ok.

Here's a little longer article:

THREE members of pop group Oasis have been hurt in a car crash in Indianapolis while on tour in the United States, the band said on its website on Wednesday.

Singer Noel Gallagher, bass player Andy Bell and keyboard player Jay Darlington were taken to hospital on Tuesday afternoon after their taxi was involved in a head-on collision with another vehicle.

All were treated for shock and cuts and bruises.

Gallagher, travelling in the front of the car, suffered heavy facial bruising and seat-belt cuts.

Darlington has had his hand strapped and will have to return to hospital on Wednesday for further treatment.

Doctors have ordered them to rest for 48 hours to let medication take effect.

The group, who were in Indianapolis, Indiana, for a Wednesday evening concert at the Murat Theater, have cancelled the performance and hope to reschedule it for later this year.

There was no immediate word on the future of the tour.

It sounds like it wasn't TOO serious. :up:

I was very sorry to hear about this accident, and am glad that the guys seem like they'll be okay soon. Perhaps they should just postpone the U.S. tour until after the big dates in England and Ireland, where they have far more fans than here. That would give them a chance to rest up, so they could do great shows for these big venues.

(((hurt Oasis guys)))) and an especially big hug for Noel Gallagher, who writes brilliant songs and whose acoustic set is always the best part of an Oasis gig.

That's rough, man. All the best for a speedy recovery. I've been to downtown Indy and the streets are kind of confusing in some places, but this is terrible. I wonder why Liam wasn't riding with them?

Back
Top Bottom