Oasis fans rejoice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2One

War Child
NOEL SPILLS BEANS ON NEW OASIS LP

OASIS guitarist NOEL GALLAGHER has spoken out about the release of the band’s forthcoming studio album.

The as-yet-untitled LP will hit the shops on May 16 and features 12 songs written by Noel, singer Liam guitarist Gem Archer and bassist Andy Bell.

He said: "The finished album is my favourite one of the last four. Because we're all contributing to the songwriting there's a different feel to it. In fact the only songs that sound like Oasis are Andy Bell's funnily enough.

"I've been listening to a lot of Bob Dylan last year, Liam was obviously some guy who used to be in a band in Liverpool, Gem's a very rock and roll but not in a Jet way if you know what I mean. Andy's just sound like Oasis, which is great."

The band are currently approving the artwork for the release, which according to Noel "looks quite bleak and northern", but are yet to decide on the first single to be lifted from the LP.

"There was an obvious first single but I was singing it," Noel explained. "After 12 years of Oasis, Liam thought that might sound a bit odd, people might think he'd left the band. He threw his cans out the pram."

Talking to Radio 1's Jo Whiley, the guitarist gave fans an insight into his favourite tracks on the album and said that his brother’s songs are "very, very good".

"If I had to pick one it would be ’The Importance of Being Idle’," he revealed. "That sounds a bit like The Kinks, a bit like The La's, a bit Liverpudlian. I think it's got the best lyrics. I'm getting quite fed up with London at the minute, there's one song called ’Part Of The Queue’ which is about living in London and how you always seem to be queuing up for things in that city and how it almost … when I moved to London about 12 years ago it blew me away but the novelty has worn off. It's become so overcrowded over the last three or four years that we're upping sticks and moving."

Noel said: "The most interesting thing will be when you hear Liam's songs. They are very, very good. A song called ’Guess God Thinks I'm Able’. The end 30 seconds will blow you away. It's great."

Oasis will head out on a UK stadium tour in the summer, having sold over 330,000 tickets for the dates. The shows are Glasgow Hampden Park (June 29), City Of Manchester Stadium (30, July 2-3), Southampton Rose Bowl Stadium (6) and Milton Keynes National Bowl (9-10).

Noel said that the group have "bagged some magnificent support bands" for the tour, though did not reveal the exact names.

from of nme.com

Liam's been shaping up to be a pretty good songwriter, so I'm interested to hear his contributions. Noel's still as solid as always but sadly less prolific. It's nice that the other band members are contributing songs now that he isn't writing them like a machine anymore, though.

Dalton said:
I've been disappointed in Noel the last two records.

i definitely haven't been disappointed by him. Not when he's still writing/singing classics like little by little, where did it all go wrong, sunday morning call, etc....

While I love Little by Little, it is a bit bloated at times. Where Did it All Go Wrong, Sunday Morning Call, Gas Panic!, The Hindu Times, She is Love, and Stop Crying Your Heart Out all much better.

Liam was mighty impressive on Heathen Chemistry, though. Songbird, Probably All in the Mind, and Better Man are all miles beyond Little James ( :barf: )

Yeah, Little James sucked big time and no amount of Beatles-izing the song could have saved it IMO. Little By Little could have been great but some of the lyrics just sounded lame like the "we the people" crap. Also that song sounds great guitar-wise in some parts terrible/ lame in others.

U2One said:

i definitely haven't been disappointed by him. Not when he's still writing/singing classics like little by little, where did it all go wrong, sunday morning call, etc....

Those Noel-sung ballads are exactly why I've lost quite a bit of faith in Oasis...

MrBrau1 said:

That's funny, cause I think these are the best tunes from the past few records.

Well I feel those kind of songs are pale retreads of what Noel used to do a lot better... and they sound more like boring solo album stuff than blood-pumping Oasis anthems. I personally prefer their more rocking side, Some Might Say, Supersonic etc..they've been treading water for far too long now, it is time to knock people's socks off!

supersonic is boring to me now, I prefer Little by Little or Where did it all go wrong

and the last album is a grower

The funny thing is Supersonic has awkward/ somewhat laughable lyrics like Little By Little but to me it has something else going for it that makes it a cut above. I don't know... Noel's always had some "dodgey" lyrics mixed into some great songs and it never bothered me but on the most recent albums they've been pretty annoying. :shrug:

Oh... well... hope the band sound great.

Flying FuManchu said:
The funny thing is Supersonic has awkward/ somewhat laughable lyrics like Little By Little but to me it has something else going for it that makes it a cut above. I don't know... Noel's always had some "dodgey" lyrics mixed into some great songs and it never bothered me but on the most recent albums they've been pretty annoying. :shrug:

Oh... well... hope the band sound great.

Little By Little is pure dadrock, Supersonic is the antithesis to that sort of sound, seedy lyrics ( I find the the nonsense of them quite psychedelic and trippy, so they have a certain bizarre charm to them) and grimy guitar, its a beast.

Noel says the new album was the best of the last 4.....lets hope he's right......because my fave Oasis record is Standing on the shoulder of giants.....

hope it kicks u2's arsssssssss!

The album is due out on in Europe on May 16th, followed by a worldwide release a day later.

u2 needs a kick in their arss and i think oasis can do it.
i hope its blows away htdaab!!!!

Back
Top Bottom