Oasis achievement award!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

susanp6

Blue Crack Supplier
It was announced today that Oasis will recieve the lifetime achievement award at the Brits awards show in February next year!!!! :applaud: :bow: :rockon:

Yay! This is fantastic news and well deserved so i hope that it'll be the best Brits for a while because of this as it's been rubbish for a few years now! :up:

Congrats to Oasis for this. Definitely well deserved. How cool would that be if Bono presented this award to them. Cause I think back in 2001 U2 received this same award and Noel G. presented them with this award....

Canadiens1160 said:
Buncha douchebags, perhaps 4 good songs.

Only the most successful British act in the past decade. Only a band who defined a generation, not only with their music, but with their style and attitude. Only a band that has written some tunes that have stood the test of time and will be remembered forever.

But hey,

"I'm free to be whatever I
Whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
I'm free to say whatever I
Whatever I like
If it's wrong or right it's alright"

lol, you don't 'define' anything by copying something that has been done before. if you want to talk about artists that defined a generation, go back some 40-50 years and look at the guys that oasis has been copying since day 1.

to be serious... oasis were successfull at copying their heroes 2 times: don't look back in anger and wonderwall. the biggest part of the rest of their catalogue consists of nice entertaining songs, and noel gallagher has fine taste. that's all. cannot see how they qualify for a 'lifetime achievement award' now. they should hand that to radiohead instead. they deserve it already.

Thouroughly deserved, if u look at the last major studio albums of all the big bands like U2, Coldplay, RHCP, Green Day, Radiohead etc the Dont believe the truth compares favorably to most of them, and is certainly not overshadowed by either one of these. We all know how good their first two albums are, and Be here now and Standing on the shoulder of Giants are grossly under rated. they definetely deserve this award... and how cool would it be if Bono presented it to them... the mutual admiration among the two bands (Liams hilarious comments aside) has always been obvious.

U2Man said:
lol, you don't 'define' anything by copying something that has been done before. if you want to talk about artists that defined a generation, go back some 40-50 years and look at the guys that oasis has been copying since day 1.

i agree with this, but i still dig oasis.

every band "steals" something from other bands. i remember a discussion about radiohead being better than oasis because oasis "steals" whole songs.

that may be true, but some radiohead songs nick riffs and melodies from other songs.

karma police and the beatles' sexy sadie is one.

i can't remember the others, but i have heard them.

radiohead was smart enough to not get stuff from the most famous 4 piece rock group in the world.

i think there are some songs on the bends, like just that resemble some songs of radiohead's early heroes.

well the only one I can think of is the riff from a "wolf at the door"
is the similart to the Beatles' "I Want You (She's So Heavy)"

but thats about it:huh:

Without thinking about it, Don't Look Back in Anger = Watching the Wheels.

In all seriousness though, I've never liked their production values. I don't like albums where the vocals consistantly sound like they were recorded in the cargo hold of a large seafaring vessel.

shortfuse said:
Thouroughly deserved, if u look at the last major studio albums of all the big bands like U2, Coldplay, RHCP, Green Day, Radiohead etc the Dont believe the truth compares favorably to most of them, and is certainly not overshadowed by either one of these. We all know how good their first two albums are, and Be here now and Standing on the shoulder of Giants are grossly under rated. they definetely deserve this award... and how cool would it be if Bono presented it to them... the mutual admiration among the two bands (Liams hilarious comments aside) has always been obvious.

I agree they deserve the achievement award, but Standing on the shoulder..., is most definetly not under rated, for a group who gave us Def. Maybe, & Story, I still can't believe how bad an album that particular one is, but yeah overall they deserve the award.

Don't look back in anger borrows the piano part from Imagine.

A bit early for them to be getting a lifetime achievement award. :shrug:

Fully deserve such an award cause Oasis' songs are consistently good....amazing band with inspiring lyrics....done more for music and pop culture than a lot of these underground experimental bands....

Much as I love Oasis I'm with Zoots on this. Lifetime Achievement Award?! They deserve that in another ten year's time, not now.

But it'll be er, interesting to see Noel and Liam back at the Brits...

:wink:

Well, didn't bono or edge just said in an interviwe for a magazine they wish they'd written live forever?

Liking oasis is tough, specially because liam gallagher is such a d*ck , but noel is IMHO one of the best singer songwriters of today. Go and listen to the masterplan, talk tonight, half the world away, live forever itself.

I don't know if they should recieve a lifetime achivment award as a band. Just give it to noel!!!!!

Listening to Def. Maybe at the moment, it really is a truly brilliant album. Just thought I'd share that with anyone who's bothered.

Back
Top Bottom