Oasis!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
:yes: or :no:
I love them! ... or well one of them... it doesn't matter! They are awsome :D I've only heard one of thier albums though.. but its ok! I'm gonna hear the rest sooner or later! Noel is like the best songwriter and guitarist EVER! I mean... when you put the two together :wink: Cause the best songwriter is Pete Townshend and the best songwriter is... well... Noel... I don't knwo where I'm goin with that. I MEAN! He's the hottest! lmao. I'm just so excited :hyper: and I don't knwo why!
Anyway, you liek them or not?
I DO! hehe!

P.S. My second best friend Brianna says "Hey" lol.

Oasis = 2nd best band in the world after U2

yes, noel gallagher is amazing. He writes some of the best tunes. and you gotta love liam....what a great frontman...

I'm not an Oasis fan at all. I don't like arrogant band members, and Oasis has two of the worst.
I find them funny though... they still think they're the best band in the world, but they're way, way behind now.

Yeah, but you've gotta figure some of the arrogance is an act.

I love 'em even though I suspect that hurts my credibility. Collected all the B-sides and everything. Noel is a great songwriter who ripped off Stone Roses, Jesus and Mary Chain, and the Kinks wholesale, but for the life of me, I'm still not sick of it. Good hooks, good melodies, ridiculous British accents? Heaven. Anyone know when their next album's due?

Last edited:
"Coming in a mess, going out in style. I ain't good lookin' but I'm someone's child. Go on and give me the air that's mine to breath"

Credibility is bullshit anyway. I love Oasis. Next album due in March.

I looove these songs:

Rock n Roll Star
Supersonic
Cigarettes and Alcohol
Slide Away :drool:
Live Forever
Columbia
Digsy's Diner
Hello
Roll With it
Don't Look Back in Anger
Some Might Say :drool:
Cast no Shadow
Morning Glory
Champagne Supernova
Whatever
Be Here Now
D'You Know What I Mean?
(It's Getting) Better Man!
Stand by Me
Don't Go Away
All Around the World
I Hope, I Think, I Know
Go Let it Out
Who Feels Love
Roll it Over
Sunday Morning Call
Where Did it All Go Wrong? :drool:
Fuckin' in the Bushes
Gas Panic!
Hindu Times
She is Love
Force of Nature (don't like the lyrics, though)
Songbird
Stop Crying Your Hear out
Little by Little :drool:

Then there's the B-sides...
Let's All Make Believe
Step Out
Fade Away
Rocking Chair
The Masterplan
Acquiesce
Talk Tonight
It's Good to be Free :drool:
Stay Young

And some great covers:
Cum on Feel the Noize
I Am the Walrus
Helter Skelter
Hey Hey My My (Into the Black)
My Generation
Street Fighting Man
Heroes

UnforgettableLemon mentioned way too many songs, I feel inferior.

I actually only have one of their albums, but I do like them for what it's worth.

:up:

yea, next album is due out in march!!! can't wait!!! U2 tour and new Oasis album next spring. Imagine U2 and Oasis playing a gig together (oh how i wish i saw popmart oakland back in '97).

And about their arrogance, I absolutely love it. Oasis wouldn't be Oasis without their arrogance. Along with their music, I love their attitude...

Yeah, I take their arrogance very lightly. They tend to fluctuate in what they're saying, even about U2, with whom they are actually good mates. I think Noel's attitude has decreased significantly over the years. Then there's Liam...

speaking of Oasis, here's what Bono just said tonight during the krock interview in NYC. He was asked what music he's been listening to lately:

after speaking about the Hives, and the Libertines, he says...
"but, I can't wait for the next Oasis album. I think when they're on form they write melodies that are just, that no one can touch. They're just, they're extraordinary."

man, would I love to see and Oasis/U2 collaboration...

U2One said:

man, would I love to see and Oasis/U2 collaboration...

:sexywink:

well, there was this one...

bltonguekiss.jpg

I still haven't figured out what my point of view is on this band. I think it's a love-hate relationship. I hate their arrogance! I think they have made some awful music, but the first two albums are fantastic!

yertle-the-turtle said:
They're a great band with loads of great songs and some not-so-great songs.

I'd be more inclined to say they're an average band with loads of not-so-great songs and some good songs.

Don't get me wrong... they have had some bloody brilliant material out, I just haven't been really hit by anything they've done since 1997.

'Acquiesce' (not sure about that spelling) is one of my favourite songs ever though.

i :heart: them

yes their material has gone down a bit over the years but they still put out some class tunes.

my fav from the last album was actually the b-side from SCYHO...."shout it out loud". if you haven't heard it definately check it out.

Oasis Oasis Oasis. The best band in the world. Maybe. I actually like them more than U2, as I realised when I forgot to buy the new record today. So which album got you into Oasis? If you haven't already, you should check out Definitely Maybe and (What's the Story) Morning Glory.

Raaaaandom side-note: One of my friends is going to see Oasis next year. Twice. Jealous just isn't the word. There are no words. Seeing Oasis. Twice.

Zoomerang96 said:
oasis rots.

Dickwad.

Oasis 1994-1996 was incredible..the first two albums and the dozen or so incredible b-sides to me have not been bettered as a body of work since...it is a shame that starting with Be Here Now, they have decended into pitiful mediocrity bar a few songs :(

Mildred said:
Oasis Oasis Oasis. The best band in the world. Maybe. I actually like them more than U2, as I realised when I forgot to buy the new record today. So which album got you into Oasis? If you haven't already, you should check out Definitely Maybe and (What's the Story) Morning Glory.

Raaaaandom side-note: One of my friends is going to see Oasis next year. Twice. Jealous just isn't the word. There are no words. Seeing Oasis. Twice.
Deffenitly Maybe got me into them :D One of the best albums ever!
...I have to wait till xmas to get U2's new album :|
Oh well lol.

Oasis, to me, is probably THE most underrated band on the scene today. Whenever I need some bombast and need a little pump up, Oasis gets the call.

'Standing on the Shoulders of Giants' is an unappreciated and unacknowledged masterpiece. No songs really that stand out above the rest, but what an excellent album start to finish. Every song is strong, even the one that Liam wrote himself...haha. 'Little James', about his son.

Their best!! Check it out....

Back
Top Bottom