O Canada....Happy Thanksgiving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghetofabu

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I don't know if anyone has started this thread (if they have just merge please :D ) but I just wanted to tell our peps upstairs...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

:dance::wave::dance:

Don't eat too much. :sexywink:

i need one canadian to stop eating and come online

:wave: YAY! Happy Thanksgiving Canadian kids!

So I know why American Thanksgiving is celebrated...what are the origins of Canadian Thanksgiving?

____
:ohmy: By the way, happy Native American day.........it's also Columbus day. Anyone else find that a TAD ironic?

Thanks, guys! :)

I had TWO enormous Thanksgiving dinners, one of which I made myself (after cleaning the whole house, polishing the silver, etc.). Tonight I have to do all the dishes, becuase our dishwasher is broken. How totally depressing. :sigh:

Anyway, we had (and this isn't necessarily traditional, just what we had):

Free range Turkey
gravy
homemade stuffing
whipped squash
baked zucchini with garlic olive oil and parmesan
caesar salad
pumpkin pie w. real whipped cream
chocolate mousse cake

It was delightful! What a total bummer being back at work.

we're too young to have history

i have no idea why our thanksgiving is different. maybe just for the sake of being different:confused:

ive never much liked turkey, so thanksgiving and christmas dinners are a bit of a bust for me:(
i even missed pumpkin pie this year:(

I know that Canada has a few "turkeys" but like what do they like have to be "thankful" for?:huh::sexywink:
Oh I know-
The sexy mooses;)
Happy Thanksgiving:D

DB9
:dance:

Last edited:
Re: we're too young to have history

kobayashi said:
i have no idea why our thanksgiving is different. maybe just for the sake of being different:confused:

ive never much liked turkey, so thanksgiving and christmas dinners are a bit of a bust for me:(
i even missed pumpkin pie this year:(

But you got to spend it with the family didn't you. :up:

Hmmm, well I've been asking around about why our Thanksgiving is in a different month, and no one really knows, but one suggestion was that because we are in a more northern climate, our harvest is earlier so that's why. Who knows? Food for thought (hehe).

Originally posted by diamond

I know that Canada has a few "turkeys" but like what do they like have to be "thankful" for? :huh: :sexywink:
Oh I know-
The sexy mooses
;)

that's sexy 'meese'...get it right next time. :sexywink:

:wave:

thanks on behalf of a lot of wacky canadians and their pet moose and beavers.

I've so much to be thankful for here in canda, thank you very much!!

too much to list here

ideal meal for me....!!!:drool:

Turkey (w/ gravey)
dressing
pastry - mom makes the BEST BEST BEST pastry (w/gravey)
mashed potatos (w/gravey)
maybe some carrots....I should really get more into vegetables

and here in Newfoundland
Salt beef is a staple, even though I don't like it

Encarta says: "Thanksgiving is also a legal holiday in Canada. Because Canada is north of the United States, its harvest comes earlier in the year. Accordingly, the Thanksgiving holiday falls earlier in Canada than in the United States. The Canadian Parliament set aside November 6 for annual Thanksgiving observances in 1879. In 1957 the date was shifted to an even earlier day, to the second Monday in October."

Learn something new everyday. I better see this type of thread from you canada folk when ours (lower noth america) comes around. :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom