nutty Outlook Express screw-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
My Outlook Express is playing a strange game with me. I had all of these notes on my old dial-up ISP's Outlook Express. I thought I'd nuked all of the old e-mails when I signed up for Bellsouth's DSL service. Now I'm getting all of the e-mails from my old dial-up ISP's connection to Outlook Express, not my DSL account. Don't tell me I have to delete all of those stupid :censored: notes.
Grrrrrrr...........:mad: :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I figured out the problem. All I needed was the right password. Whew, that was weird, I thought I was going to have to delete a thousand notes. :crazy: :hyper: :yikes: :help: :censored:

I haven't been able to access my Outlook Express in over 2 years. It got locked up back during the tour when I belonged to 5 mailing lists and never hardly deleted anything because I never had time to read it all. Then one day it wouldn't open. To this day, if you open it, it freezes and you have to reboot the system to get it to work again, so I never do. I'd like to know how to empty it :sigh:

U2Kitten said:
I haven't been able to access my Outlook Express in over 2 years. It got locked up back during the tour when I belonged to 5 mailing lists and never hardly deleted anything because I never had time to read it all. Then one day it wouldn't open. To this day, if you open it, it freezes and you have to reboot the system to get it to work again, so I never do. I'd like to know how to empty it :sigh:

upgrade to new outlook express an it shouldn't freeze.

go to microsoft.com

you should be able to just download the most recent outlook express, but if not, you can get it packaged together with the internet explorer pack. :wink:

Thanks, I'll try it. But what about the old frozen up one? Can I get rid of it? Do I have to?

oh, it'll just overwrite it. for internet explorer and outlook express, you can't really uninstall them, per se. they're part of the microsoft os, but when you upgrade to a newer version, it'll just overwrite it, but keep all your preferences and stuff. :D

KhanadaRhodes said:
oh, it'll just overwrite it. for internet explorer and outlook express, you can't really uninstall them, per se. they're part of the microsoft os, but when you upgrade to a newer version, it'll just overwrite it, but keep all your preferences and stuff. :D

thats right, all of your settings and old mail messages will still be there.

actually a quicker way to get IE 6.0 with outlook express 6.0 included is to go to http://www.windowsupdate.com/ click 'scan for updates' and 'review...' then choose Internet Explorer 6.... after you click install make sure you pick the complete install option (or custom and pick what you want) so it includes Outlook Express 6.0.

hope this helps

KhanadaRhodes said:
for internet explorer and outlook express, you can't really uninstall them, per se. they're part of the microsoft os

Actually, you can remove them, just not with the usual Add/Remove window. Inside that window, click the "Windows Components" and you can remove Outlook, MSN, IE, etc.

Thanks everybody! I'm really lame at this kind of stuff but I'll try!

Back
Top Bottom