Nutella

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dulce de Leche kicks Nutella's sorry butt and she likes it... :evil:

DSC_0015.jpg

shrmn8rpoptart said:
my pastor's wife is australian and she always has some around the house...it is amazing!

vegemite however...:barf:

I'm dying to know how thickly American folk spread vegemite. I dont think people here would even eat it if we spread it, instead of smudging it over toast or whatever.

Nutella! :drool:

It was on the breakfast table during my ski trip to Germany. :yes:

It's good when spread on top of Dutch Cocoa cookies ;)

Angela Harlem said:

I'm dying to know how thickly American folk spread vegemite. I dont think people here would even eat it if we spread it, instead of smudging it over toast or whatever.

I bet they slather it on their toast, which is why they can't understand why us southern hemispherers enjoy it so much. Spreading Vegemite / Marmite is enough to kill a person.

GibsonGirl said:

I bet they slather it on their toast, which is why they can't understand why us southern hemispherers enjoy it so much. Spreading Vegemite / Marmite is enough to kill a person.
so that is the problem, eh? i'd say i'd try it again, but they just moved back to australia and presumably took the vegemite with them

Nutella is great on crepes...

....but it's best on someone you love....

:ohmy:

:wink:

shrmn8rpoptart said:
so that is the problem, eh? i'd say i'd try it again, but they just moved back to australia and presumably took the vegemite with them

That most definitely is the problem. :yes: If you ever have the opportunity to eat Vegemite with toast again, this is what you must do:

Scoop the tiniest portion of it onto the edge of your knife. I'm talking a pea-sized amount here. Make sure your toast is quite crispy (since I've moved to N. America, I've noticed that a lot of people enjoy soggy toast and it boggles my mind.) Then take your knife and make sure that the grooved end is angled into the toast somewhat. After that, you scrape like there's no tomorrow. It makes a lot of mess, but you have to ensure that the toast receives an approximately equal ratio of thinly spread vegemite to bread across the entire surface area. If you get any pockets of vegemite build-up, you WILL die when you eat it.

:nerd:

That's very interesting about the vegemite. I tried it once and NEVER again...although I probably had too much of it.

You know what is VERY good? Nutella on a two bite brownie!!

:drool:

GibsonGirl said:

That most definitely is the problem. :yes: If you ever have the opportunity to eat Vegemite with toast again, this is what you must do:

Scoop the tiniest portion of it onto the edge of your knife. I'm talking a pea-sized amount here. Make sure your toast is quite crispy (since I've moved to N. America, I've noticed that a lot of people enjoy soggy toast and it boggles my mind.) Then take your knife and make sure that the grooved end is angled into the toast somewhat. After that, you scrape like there's no tomorrow. It makes a lot of mess, but you have to ensure that the toast receives an approximately equal ratio of thinly spread vegemite to bread across the entire surface area. If you get any pockets of vegemite build-up, you WILL die when you eat it.

That's kind of how I spread peanut butter. Everyone seems to think I'm nuts, but I just don't like globs of the stuff. :shrug:

GibsonGirl said:

:applaud: have we fixed the problem of vegemite not being liked by the rest of the world, finally?
:hyper:

great work, gibson!!!

Vegemite is vile. I can actually feel my body slipping into hypernatremia at even a lick of the stuff.

Back
Top Bottom