Nutella - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-12-2005, 03:54 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
MissMaCo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: France - North West Coast
Posts: 3,823
Local Time: 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bammo2
lol marie I wondered how long it would take you to find this thread
ha ha
__________________

__________________
MissMaCo is offline  
Old 12-12-2005, 05:18 PM   #32
War Child
 
shrmn8rpoptart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Seward, NE
Posts: 516
Local Time: 03:13 AM
my pastor's wife is australian and she always has some around the house...it is amazing!

vegemite however...
__________________

__________________
shrmn8rpoptart is offline  
Old 12-12-2005, 06:57 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
U2@NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Back in Buenos Aires
Posts: 4,281
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Dulce de Leche kicks Nutella's sorry butt and she likes it...

__________________
U2@NYC is offline  
Old 12-12-2005, 07:09 PM   #34
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by shrmn8rpoptart
my pastor's wife is australian and she always has some around the house...it is amazing!

vegemite however...
I'm dying to know how thickly American folk spread vegemite. I dont think people here would even eat it if we spread it, instead of smudging it over toast or whatever.
__________________
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Angela Harlem is offline  
Old 12-13-2005, 01:47 AM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
elevation2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: corner of Badlands & Magnolia Mountain
Posts: 5,371
Local Time: 01:13 AM
I didn't know Nutella was from Europe.. ....I've always seen it in Mexico...and used to buy there all the time
__________________
elevation2u is offline  
Old 12-13-2005, 09:04 AM   #36
Refugee
 
cydewaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 1,256
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Nutella!

It was on the breakfast table during my ski trip to Germany.

It's good when spread on top of Dutch Cocoa cookies
__________________
cydewaze is offline  
Old 12-13-2005, 02:22 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem


I'm dying to know how thickly American folk spread vegemite. I dont think people here would even eat it if we spread it, instead of smudging it over toast or whatever.
I bet they slather it on their toast, which is why they can't understand why us southern hemispherers enjoy it so much. Spreading Vegemite / Marmite is enough to kill a person.
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 12-13-2005, 02:36 PM   #38
War Child
 
shrmn8rpoptart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Seward, NE
Posts: 516
Local Time: 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl


I bet they slather it on their toast, which is why they can't understand why us southern hemispherers enjoy it so much. Spreading Vegemite / Marmite is enough to kill a person.
so that is the problem, eh? i'd say i'd try it again, but they just moved back to australia and presumably took the vegemite with them
__________________
shrmn8rpoptart is offline  
Old 12-13-2005, 02:43 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Nutella is great on crepes...


....but it's best on someone you love....



__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 12-13-2005, 02:44 PM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shrmn8rpoptart
so that is the problem, eh? i'd say i'd try it again, but they just moved back to australia and presumably took the vegemite with them
That most definitely is the problem. If you ever have the opportunity to eat Vegemite with toast again, this is what you must do:

Scoop the tiniest portion of it onto the edge of your knife. I'm talking a pea-sized amount here. Make sure your toast is quite crispy (since I've moved to N. America, I've noticed that a lot of people enjoy soggy toast and it boggles my mind.) Then take your knife and make sure that the grooved end is angled into the toast somewhat. After that, you scrape like there's no tomorrow. It makes a lot of mess, but you have to ensure that the toast receives an approximately equal ratio of thinly spread vegemite to bread across the entire surface area. If you get any pockets of vegemite build-up, you WILL die when you eat it.

__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 12-13-2005, 07:56 PM   #41
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
 
Mrs. Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Torontonian in Maryland
Posts: 2,913
Local Time: 05:13 AM
That's very interesting about the vegemite. I tried it once and NEVER again...although I probably had too much of it.

You know what is VERY good? Nutella on a two bite brownie!!



__________________
Mrs. Edge is offline  
Old 12-13-2005, 08:43 PM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl


That most definitely is the problem. If you ever have the opportunity to eat Vegemite with toast again, this is what you must do:

Scoop the tiniest portion of it onto the edge of your knife. I'm talking a pea-sized amount here. Make sure your toast is quite crispy (since I've moved to N. America, I've noticed that a lot of people enjoy soggy toast and it boggles my mind.) Then take your knife and make sure that the grooved end is angled into the toast somewhat. After that, you scrape like there's no tomorrow. It makes a lot of mess, but you have to ensure that the toast receives an approximately equal ratio of thinly spread vegemite to bread across the entire surface area. If you get any pockets of vegemite build-up, you WILL die when you eat it.

That's kind of how I spread peanut butter. Everyone seems to think I'm nuts, but I just don't like globs of the stuff.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 12-13-2005, 10:04 PM   #43
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl


That most definitely is the problem. If you ever have the opportunity to eat Vegemite with toast again, this is what you must do:

Scoop the tiniest portion of it onto the edge of your knife. I'm talking a pea-sized amount here. Make sure your toast is quite crispy (since I've moved to N. America, I've noticed that a lot of people enjoy soggy toast and it boggles my mind.) Then take your knife and make sure that the grooved end is angled into the toast somewhat. After that, you scrape like there's no tomorrow. It makes a lot of mess, but you have to ensure that the toast receives an approximately equal ratio of thinly spread vegemite to bread across the entire surface area. If you get any pockets of vegemite build-up, you WILL die when you eat it.

have we fixed the problem of vegemite not being liked by the rest of the world, finally?


great work, gibson!!!
__________________
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Angela Harlem is offline  
Old 12-14-2005, 12:11 AM   #44
The Fly
 
wolf Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Utah, US
Posts: 206
Local Time: 02:13 AM
Mmmmmmmmmm gotta love Nutella!!
__________________
wolf Q is offline  
Old 12-14-2005, 12:46 AM   #45
Blue Crack Addict
 
MissVelvetDress_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Posts: 25,776
Local Time: 04:13 AM
I have never tried it.
__________________

__________________
MissVelvetDress_75 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com