Nude, Netherlands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be kidding, but it's quite true. I had very little of a life during high school. There were just four of us in my friendship group for most of the time. We just hung out at school and occasionally on the weekend.

Then we all moved away from each other for university.

That sucks a lot. I'm trying to stay in contact with my old HS friends. One is in my class so I see him every day, one is at the same uni so I see him in the train every now and then, and another I work with on sundays.. and the other two we see at our Singstar nights we organise once every few months.. The rest, never heard of anymore.. ahw ell

The only time I ever get to see them is when I go back to Queensland. My friend Jamie usually passes through the Gold Coast at Christmas like I do, so our paths cross and we catch up.

My other two friends, I've kind of drifted away from anyway. Like Sam, he's the kind of religious guy who'll go and do mission trips. Meanwhile, my atheism is no secret ... unfortunately, since we moved to our respective religious stances without much contact between each other, our conversations tend to delicately dance around things because we're not quite sure just how far to go.

Hm, I guess the good part for me is that Holland is a small country. Even if you live the furthest apart, you'll be on the other side of the country in 6 hours. So yea, we meet in our hometown usually.

Yeah, it's about 20 hours to drive from Melbourne to the Gold Coast. And even if I do go up to the Gold Coast to see Sam and Aaron, Jamie's my best friend and he's 2.5, 3 hours away by road in Toowoomba. By road. Public transport to Toowoomba is shit. A ... thrice? weekly train and that's it. Well, there are buses, but I won't take buses.

I've read about it in the paper, haven' seen it.

That sucks Ax. It's one of the reasons I never want to leave this country. I'm so use to this close packet place, trains come and go, buses everywhere.. I would go mad without it!

The shoe video is fucking priceless.

Fuck journalistic impartiality!

hey khan!

good luck ashley

i should finish my peace corps application, but my friend i sent my essays to to comment on hasn't gotten back to me :(

Incidentally, Khan, I'm amused by the Khandallah thing, just because it's SUCH a regular suburb to me. It hadn't even occurred to me to connect it to you. Which is odd, since I connected Kandahar.

In any case, we all pronounce Khandallah wrong. The local pronunciation is "can-dahl-ah", but the name is in fact Arabic, khand'Allah, and I think it means "resting place of God" or something like that.

"Resting place of God" I love It :lmao:

Ok folks, I'm off, I'm going to the building I have my exam in to study so the computer doesn't distract me :wink:

Incidentally, Khan, I'm amused by the Khandallah thing, just because it's SUCH a regular suburb to me. It hadn't even occurred to me to connect it to you. Which is odd, since I connected Kandahar.

In any case, we all pronounce Khandallah wrong. The local pronunciation is "can-dahl-ah", but the name is in fact Arabic, khand'Allah, and I think it means "resting place of God" or something like that.
:tsk: phail.

Ok folks, I'm off, I'm going to the building I have my exam in to study so the computer doesn't distract me :wink:

Psh. The more you study, the worse you'll do. Give up! This method has been tried, tested, and approved by EEN and I.

Good luck, anyhow! :wave:

i had sauted carrots for lunch (with some olive oil, orange juice, garlic, and fresh parsley and pine nuts), cause there are lots of carrots in the fridge and i'm a broke hobo. but i'm still hungry :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom