Now,post a picture of your crib, er pad or home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
L1_shack.jpg

Word,

<>

I never understood why there are so many pools in AZ. Don't you people have no water there? And the green lawns are kinda weird too. I mean logically, if you live in the desert, you're not going to have an English garden out front. Seems so wasteful.

But I am really envious of the house prices. It's a dream that I could get anything that looked like that for the price.

Mr. BAW said:
Uhh, from a safety standpoint with two children in the house, not a good idea...JMO...

Word.

Brother-

Thanks for concern

My girls can beat my ass these days and live with their mom mostly and the house I posted is a comp, same specs, hood etc.

;)

<>

anitram said:
I never understood why there are so many pools in AZ. Don't you people have no water there? And the green lawns are kinda weird too. I mean logically, if you live in the desert, you're not going to have an English garden out front. Seems so wasteful.

But I am really envious of the house prices. It's a dream that I could get anything that looked like that for the price.

Martina-

In Phoenix, its 86 F degrees today.

Come May it will be in the 100s clear up to 120 thru August.
There isn't a break in the temps until Oct.

Having a pool is essentail here, kinda like having power steering with a car.

In my community Warner Ranch we have large pine trees, with parks and bike paths etc. Yes, it's sort of man made and not indiginious to the environment, but we pay extra for it.

As you probably know Real Estate in the States is a buyers market now. A lot of Canadians buy their 2nd homes here to visit during the winter, we affectionately refer to these folk as "snow birds" and they drive their cars real slow here.
:angry:

<>

anitram said:

I'm the first to admit how little I know about the US, but I was watching a show caled 'My house is worth what?', and i was absolutely bowled over. There was a great little one bedroom flat in the heart of NYC with views of the Chrysler and 2 other notorious landmarks, and the estimated value was $480k!!! Then there was the massive 4 bedroom house in Texas valued at a whopping $230k! I was nearly hving a seizure. The NY flat price wouldn't get you a whole house in the suburbs here, and this one was clearly in a brilliant spot.

By the way, Diamond, someone stole your backyard.
:wink:

anitram said:

I can understand the pools, especially if done properly can really help cool an area since the desert gets great breezes, but you are right with the green yards, zero scaping is the way to go...

Angela Harlem said:

I'm the first to admit how little I know about the US, but I was watching a show caled 'My house is worth what?', and i was absolutely bowled over. There was a great little one bedroom flat in the heart of NYC with views of the Chrysler and 2 other notorious landmarks, and the estimated value was $480k!!! Then there was the massive 4 bedroom house in Texas valued at a whopping $230k! I was nearly hving a seizure. The NY flat price wouldn't get you a whole house in the suburbs here, and this one was clearly in a brilliant spot.

:wink:

In America, there's a saying that the real estate market uses:

Regarding value of one's property, it comes down to:

"location

<>
:)

Values of Phx Az are worth far less than So Calif genearlly speaking due to the extreme heat.

Items such as school districts, crime are also factored in to a home's value.

<>

I'm pretty sure (like 100%) that the concept of "location, location, location" is in no way unique to the US.

The difference here is that we haven't had a housing market collapse so that our prices are absurdly high compared to yours at the moment.

anitram said:
I'm pretty sure (like 100%) that the concept of "location, location, location" is in no way unique to the US.

The difference here is that we haven't had a housing market collapse so that our prices are absurdly high compared to yours at the moment.

No, we Americans invented e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.

Seriuosly regardless of the market a 2000 ft home could sell for 100,000 more than a duplicate house and be within 7 miles of eachother.

Location is everything in Real Estate, even if you have a crappily built home.

Think 90120 vs 90280.

eek.

<>

I'm not sure why you think you have to explain that to anyone.

I wish I could get a big house like that for that price here.

Even with the talk of the 'credit crunch' here, house prices are still stupid high. I live in an old mining town where all the mines closed and we were left with a massive unemployment problem. However, an ex-local authority, semi-detached house with tiny garden on the edge of a council estate would sell for around £120,000 nowadays. Which is, what, around $240,000. Even the tiny 2 bed terraced houses with around a 6 foot yard in an area rife with drugs and antisocial behaviour sell for around £80,000. It's horrific. And round here the prices are considered dirt-cheap by UK standards.

I own a house, so theoretically I don't want the prices to drop, but I have so many friends who can't afford to move out of their parents' house at age 30. It sucks.

anyway, this isn't FYM, so I'll shut up now :)

anitram said:
I'm not sure why you think you have to explain that to anyone.

ppl aren't as smart as you.

your post made it seem like the housing collapse ran congruent with the location issue.

i seek clarity to potential misunderstanding or misinterpretation.

<>

This is what I lived in before I moved to Canada:

mudhut.jpg

"OH MY GOD! You're from South Africa? Like, did you live in a mud hut?!"
"Of course. There were lions in my back garden and everything"
"OH MY GOD! That's so cool!"

:rolleyes:

diamond said:

ppl aren't as smart as you.

your post made it seem like the housing collapse ran congruent with the location issue.

i seek clarity to potential misunderstanding or misinterpretation.

<>

The point was that house prices in the US are half or less than that of the rest of the world, it seems. I don't know what constitutes expensive about the link to that house you posted. It'd be repossession price here, if even that, and they're as rare as hens teeth. I may not have been clear enough. But with the few varied examples I've seen, it's really got nothing to do with location; it might be in the centre of NYC, or in the sticks of Az. Houses over there are incredibly cheap. It makes me wonder what your incomes comparatively like.

Anyhow, let's not FYM up the place :wink:

GibsonGirl said:
This is what I lived in before I moved to Canada:

mudhut.jpg

"OH MY GOD! You're from South Africa? Like, did you live in a mud hut?!"
"Of course. There were lions in my back garden and everything"
"OH MY GOD! That's so cool!"

:rolleyes:

:lol:

diamond said:

Plenty of room brother, here's a link to the community:

http://www.warnerranchnews.com/index.php

<>

I would actually absolutely love to live in Tempe. Was looking at a music production school there for a long time (Conservatory of Recording Arts & Sciences on W Broadway), but if I get a student visa to the US, I can't get a job, and I'd need a job to be able to pay for a place to live. :(

What do you think of the Phoenix area, db?

nice crib diamond
<>

i live in a nice established area, but about 3 miles from me where the "old money" in OKC is, my house would go for 3 times as much. I know because a friend of mine just paid triple what i paid for mine for a similiar house in this area. Lo Lo Location right? One day im gonna get a mansion, but for now mine will do nicely.

DaveC said:

I would actually absolutely love to live in Tempe. Was looking at a music production school there for a long time (Conservatory of Recording Arts & Sciences on W Broadway), but if I get a student visa to the US, I can't get a job, and I'd need a job to be able to pay for a place to live. :(

What do you think of the Phoenix area, db?

Phoenix is the 5th largest city in the USA now, pockets of it are great others -not so great.

Give me a shout when you make it out here:

davidbschroeder@gmail.com

I will be glad to show you around or anyone else of you buttheads from Interland:D

Not meaning you DaveC re the butthead comment.
;)
<>

Back
Top Bottom