Now Playing: Blood Money

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hippy said:

LMAO

Those damn beeps at the end are the ONLY reason I can't listen to Zooropa while falling asleep. Otherwise it would be the PERFECT sleepy-time album :)

That's why Zooropa is the perfect album for naps! You can't sleep too long even if you're tempted to cos the damn alarm will wake you up!

Zootlesque said:

lol. That's not the point! Trying to be a rebel here. :wink:

What is it Leftenant Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.
It's just the rebels, sir. They're here.
My god man. Do they want tea?
I don't know what it is, sir. But they've brought a flag!

:lmao:

You should never have started me on the Eddie tonight :huh:

Anyway, I'm not listening to anything right now. :reject:

Nonsense, you're listening to the "sound of silence" :wink:

edit: I forgot to put what I was listening to... guess I'm rebelling as well! :)

Requiem - III. Sequenz - Tuba mirum

hippy said:

LMAO

Those damn beeps at the end are the ONLY reason I can't listen to Zooropa while falling asleep. Otherwise it would be the PERFECT sleepy-time album :)

:lmao: at the headbanging.

I actually do have a story about that...

In March we had to drive about 1,000 km with some family members up to Qld. I drove most of the way, at about 3am I traded places and stuck Zooropa on, on my iPod... I fell asleep by Lemon... and had this bizzare dream that sort of had the soundtrack as Zooropa (very inane - I would imagine similar to being on acid) eventually it got to this part where we all climbed in this 4wd to get away from some army or somthing during Wanderer... by the time we hit the siren I broke out of my sleep and turned around to my cousin who was driving and said "Shit, they're coming!!!!!", he is just sitting there freaked out... I said it about 3 times, then looked at myself and went... :shame:

Radiohead - Morning Bell

hippy said:

My god man. Do they want tea?

“’ello, I’m… Bin, I’m Robin… give us cash! Give us cash! I steal from the rich and give to the poor! I’m trying to be a myth; give us cash!”
“No, I’m not gonna give you cash.”
“Go on, I steal from the rich. Are you rich?”
“No, I’m… comfortable.”
“That’s not good, I cannot steal from people who are comfortable and give to the moderately impoverished; that’s not gonna swing, is it?”
“Well, it’s not my fault. I’m just here in my pogo stick.” (mimes bouncing away)

:wink:

Suede - Filmstar

timothius said:

:lmao: at the headbanging.

I actually do have a story about that...

In March we had to drive about 1,000 km with some family members up to Qld. I drove most of the way, at about 3am I traded places and stuck Zooropa on, on my iPod... I fell asleep by Lemon... and had this bizzare dream that sort of had the soundtrack as Zooropa (very inane - I would imagine similar to being on acid) eventually it got to this part where we all climbed in this 4wd to get away from some army or somthing during Wanderer... by the time we hit the siren I broke out of my sleep and turned around to my cousin who was driving and said "Shit, they're coming!!!!!", he is just sitting there freaked out... I said it about 3 times, then looked at myself and went... :shame:

Radiohead - Morning Bell

:lol:

That's a great story! And a prime example of why one should not listen to Zooropa when one is trying to sleep. :crack:

Coldplay - Speed Of Sound...in my head. :angry:

The chorus was stuck in my mind the ENTIRE time while I was writing my maths exam today. I nearly went mad. I don't think it affected my performance though.

hippy said:

oooo! another Mozart fan! :hyper:

Have you seen "Amadeus"? :drool:

Indeed. While I personally prefer Beethoven and Shostakovich to Mozart, ol' Wolfgang still has a special place in my heart. :drool:

And yes, I've seen "Amadeus." Great film, excluding the minor inaccuracies. The actor who played Mozart was perfect! I loved his laugh. I laughed like that for weeks after I first saw it, much to the annoyance of everyone else. :wink:

Howard Shore - The Forbidden Pool

sami0201 said:
Snow Patrol-Somewhere a Clock is Ticking

i freaking love this song.....

I love the whole album! I love the band! lmao

I saw them in concert 3 weeks ago and now I can't get enough of them!

Requiem - III. Sequenz - Confutatis maledictis
(For those who have seen "Amadeus"... this is the movement he is composing as he dies... :sad: ... but so beautiful!)

timothius said:
Radiohead - National Anthem

I have no idea why I love this song... but it's the one that got me into them.

It's the bass. :up:

Radiohead - Subterranean Homesick Alien

hippy said:

I love the whole album! I love the band! lmao

I saw them in concert 3 weeks ago and now I can't get enough of them!

me too!! most of the songs are my most played on iTunes

i was supposed to see them three weeks ago but then no one would go with me so i couldn't:sad:

Billy Joel-New York State of Mind

GibsonGirl said:

The chorus was stuck in my mind the ENTIRE time while I was writing my maths exam today. I nearly went mad. I don't think it affected my performance though.

:lmao: That would suck... I remember whenever I did my exams last year I had Pride stuck in my head the last exam... resulting in the Free At Last story I think I've told before. Could be worse thought... you could have The Refugee stuck in you're head.

*ducks knowing now I've said it you will have Wa-waooooh stuck in you're head next exam*

How are you going in them?!?! :hyper: I haven't seen you round much thats a great sign! :hyper:

Radiohead - $&c - This song is not very cool.

Zootlesque said:

“’ello, I’m… Bin, I’m Robin… give us cash! Give us cash! I steal from the rich and give to the poor! I’m trying to be a myth; give us cash!”
“No, I’m not gonna give you cash.”
“Go on, I steal from the rich. Are you rich?”
“No, I’m… comfortable.”
“That’s not good, I cannot steal from people who are comfortable and give to the moderately impoverished; that’s not gonna swing, is it?”
“Well, it’s not my fault. I’m just here in my pogo stick.” (mimes bouncing away)

:wink:

hahahahahaha!

we're so dragging this all over the board :D it's great, isn't it?

For some reason I kept thinking of the "mice plans" thing today :lol:

I wanted to say "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Requiem - IV. Offertorium - Domine Jesu Christe

timothius said:
Radiohead - Everything In It's Right Place

This song is very cool. Maybe this is where U2 got the idea for Everyone...:hmm:

Everyone..? :scratch:

On the contrary, I think the Radiohead line 'yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon' just might have been inspired by you-know-who! :wink:

The Police - Walking In Your Footsteps

Zootlesque said:

Everyone..? :scratch:

On the contrary, I think the Radiohead line 'yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon' just might have been inspired by you-know-who! :wink:

As in... Everyone... Everyone... Everyone....Everyone.

Just listening to the IMBW version of Everything and the repition of Everything just made me think of that. But that being said... I Might Be Wrong :wink:

Lemon... you might be right, never thought of it like that. I don't think U2 would be too bitter if that were the case. I've heard the Radiohead snippeted Please once upon a time - I've never heard it though.

(I apologise for my offensive puns in the above writing)

timothius said:

:lmao: That would suck... I remember whenever I did my exams last year I had Pride stuck in my head the last exam... resulting in the Free At Last story I think I've told before. Could be worse thought... you could have The Refugee stuck in you're head.

*ducks knowing now I've said it you will have Wa-waooooh stuck in you're head next exam*

How are you going in them?!?! :hyper: I haven't seen you round much thats a great sign! :hyper:

Getting The Refugee stuck in your head...now THAT would be a train smash! :huh:

The exams are going quite well. I've been studying my rear off this past week, so hopefully it'll pay off. I had my English one on Tuesday, and my two maths exams on Wed. and Thursday. The pre-calculus one was hard. :uhoh: The one I did today was much better, at least. Only have three left! They're going ahead next week, so I figured I could take a night off. :wink:

U2 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses [Live: 1992-04-18]

timothius said:

I've heard the Radiohead snippeted Please once upon a time - I've never heard it though.

I have it - do you want it?

U2 - Zoo Station (not live, for once!)

GibsonGirl said:

The exams are going quite well. I've been studying my rear off this past week, so hopefully it'll pay off. I had my English one on Tuesday, and my two maths exams on Wed. and Thursday. The pre-calculus one was hard. :uhoh: The one I did today was much better, at least. Only have three left! They're going ahead next week, so I figured I could take a night off. :wink:

Too easy. :rockon: I think in these situations people reep what they sow... so you should be sitting pretty when it's all said and done:wink: .

If it's next week, why not change the background, turn off Jet and pop onto interference. :hyper:

Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees (Glastonbury 2003)... :sad: :hyper: :rockon: :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom