Now playing... Blame it on the love of Rock & Roll part 2 - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-24-2005, 10:11 PM   #496
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Jack In The Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mexico
Posts: 7,697
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Sigur Ros - Staralfur
__________________

__________________
Jack In The Box is offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 10:14 PM   #497
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 12:59 AM
The Church -- Myrrh (live Chicago 3/12/04)
__________________

__________________
indra is offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 10:19 PM   #498
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 09:59 PM
U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (with daughter trying to learn the guitar and playing along
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 11:02 PM   #499
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 12:59 AM
The Church -- You Took (live Chicago 3/12/04)
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 11:05 PM   #500
Refugee
 
knox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 1,611
Local Time: 11:59 PM
Stellastarr* - Sweet Troubled Soul
__________________
knox is offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 11:12 PM   #501
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,269
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
Split Enz - No Mischief

People shouldn't write songs, mix tracks & release albums all whilst under the influence.
...ah, so that is what's behind the oddness of some of the songs on there, then, I take it?

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
The Church -- Tantalised (live -- Milwaukee 3/13/04)

Marty was having a hissy fit all night and walked out midway through this song. Little fucker. But the others finished it off and did one more song without him (quite nicely too) to finish up. But no Cantilever that night which pissed me off.
LOL, aw, that's a shame. What was his problem, exactly?

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
However... I did get to chat with Steve for about 45 minutes after the show, so I think that made up for Marty's pissy behaviour.
Ah, so it all turned out well, then-that's good .

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (with daughter trying to learn the guitar and playing along
That is so .

I've got the new wave channel on, and that very U2 song is playing right now.

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
Old 07-24-2005, 11:27 PM   #502
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Jack In The Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mexico
Posts: 7,697
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun

it's over, now:

Sigur Ros - Avalon
__________________
Jack In The Box is offline  
Old 07-24-2005, 11:33 PM   #503
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,269
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Still got the new wave channel on..."What's The Matter With You?" by Split Enz is playing now.

*Feels like doing a go-go dance *

...

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
Old 07-25-2005, 12:13 AM   #504
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel


LOL, aw, that's a shame. What was his problem, exactly?

"Technical difficulties." Equipment and sound problems. (Actually a lot of people were asking what his problem was....I think most of the problem was in his head.) In my review of the show at the Church board I said he should learn to fake it -- that he probably had women fake it all the time with him."

Quote:


Ah, so it all turned out well, then-that's good .

It did. It did indeed.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 07-25-2005, 12:16 AM   #505
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,269
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
"Technical difficulties." Equipment and sound problems.
Ah.

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
In my review of the show at the Church board I said he should learn to fake it -- that he probably had women fake it all the time with him."
...ooh, zing!

I take it the guy isn't your favorite band member, then? .

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
It did. It did indeed.
. Awesome.

Got the adult alternative channel on now..."Rosalita" by Bruce Springsteen is what's playing now.

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
Old 07-25-2005, 12:34 AM   #506
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel


...ooh, zing!

I take it the guy isn't your favorite band member, then? .

:Angela
Well, SK's my favourite, by quite a bit. I don't dislike any of them at all, but Marty allowing the problems that are pretty much inevitable for a band on their budget to rattle him that badly all night long... Well...he should be able to tough it out by now. So I was a bit irritated at him for that night. Occasionally they need a bit of a bitch slap. Considering I often call SK a cranky old bastard, it wasn't that bad....

I had a great time at the show, and the bootleg is one of my very favourites as it has some really hilarious banter -- for instance, the story of the girl in Columbus, OH who handed Steve her glass eye. But it was my third show in as many days and I still had two shows to go. If it had been my only show I'd not have been such a happy camper.

BTW, Marty had a great show the next night and afterwards was sucking up the attention and turning on his very considerable charm. And it's really hard to stay mad at someone that pretty.....
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 07-25-2005, 12:45 AM   #507
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,269
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
Well, SK's my favourite, by quite a bit. I don't dislike any of them at all, but Marty allowing the problems that are pretty much inevitable for a band on their budget to rattle him that badly all night long... Well...he should be able to tough it out by now. So I was a bit irritated at him for that night. Occasionally they need a bit of a bitch slap. Considering I often call SK a cranky old bastard, it wasn't that bad....
Hehe, I see .

Heh, most of the artists I like generally refrain from that kind of behavior (at least, onstage, anyway), so I don't really get much of a chance to say anything like that about 'em .

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
I had a great time at the show, and the bootleg is one of my very favorites as it has some really hilarious banter -- for instance, the story of the girl in Columbus, OH who handed Steve her glass eye.
...glass eye?

I love hearing stories of funny banter between songs-there's some live shows I've heard from some of my favorite artists where that happens, too . It just makes the show that much more enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
But it was my third show in as many days and I still had two shows to go. If it had been my only show I'd not have been such a happy camper.
LOL, well, thank goodness it wasn't.

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
BTW, Marty had a great show the next night and afterwards was sucking up the attention and turning on his very considerable charm.
More well-behaved...always a good thing.

Listening to "Ageless Beauty" by Stars right now, by the way...or at least, I was, as it's just ended. Now "South Central Rain" by R.E.M. is on.

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
Old 07-25-2005, 12:53 AM   #508
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,269
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Now, "Don't Dream It's Over" by Crowded House.

This song always makes me a bit sad when I hear it now. But I still love it...a true classic, it is. Plus, it brings back good memories of hearing it from my childhood, so...

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
Old 07-25-2005, 01:11 AM   #509
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel


...ah, so that is what's behind the oddness of some of the songs on there, then, I take it?
I don't really think so. Neil was about to become a father while that record was being made - so I think he was probably laying off it. Although it would explain a few things. From what I understand the most "influenced" albums are Mental Notes, Waiata, Crowded House & Together Alone.

Roll With It - Oasis
__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 07-25-2005, 01:37 AM   #510
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,269
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
I don't really think so. Neil was about to become a father while that record was being made - so I think he was probably laying off it.
Very true.

Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
Although it would explain a few things. From what I understand the most "influenced" albums are Mental Notes, Waiata, Crowded House & Together Alone.
LOL. Yeah, I've heard some strange stories in particular from around the time of Together Alone....

Listening to Crowded House still..."Dr. Livingstone" right now.

This is one of my favorites off this CD . I like this song a lot.

Angela
__________________

__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com