Now Playing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cass said:

I've heard Mark Knofler talk about why he wrote that song. As is often the case it was prompted by an overheard conversation..."I could do that.. pfft!"

I've even heard that it was not only prompted by an overhead conversation in an electronics store, but that Mark Knopfler almost literally wrote down what that guy was saying.

me: Emmylou Harris - Strong Hand
(she's also on Nonesuch)

:drool:

The Fugees - Red Intro
(from The Score)

I just saw the movie Bulworth, which featured Warren Beaty rapping (and believe me, the movie's better than you'd think based on those three words). Anyway, it prompted me to go down with it. You know, bro!

The Fugees - Zealots
(yes, sometimes they score)

I still think this song has a sample of Black Uhuru's Guess Who's Coming To Dinner, even though it's not credited (but I need to look up the exact song though). They say it contains a sample of I Only Have Eyes For You, but I don't hae that song. I do have the song they nicked something from.

into: The Beast

Fugees - Fu-Gee-La (Sly & Robbie Remix)
(from The Score)

Two things.
1) I just noticed that the correct band name is Fugees and not The Fugees. And if you want to be totally according to the cover it's Fugees (Refugee Camp).
2) Every rapper that put 'interludes' on his/her/their album should be shot. Especially when they're not separate tracks, but tagged at the end of the songs. Most are not funny -if you can understand them at all-, disrupt the flow and take away from the quality of the songs. There are very few good interludes and you're lucky if you have one good one per album. If you must, then an Intro and Outro should be sufficient.

*knows he has mentioned the second point before, but it needs repeating*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom