NOW LISTENING to anything other than U2 (that's right, it's forbidden here)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2popmofo said:
(rant begins) Seriously why post about U2 in the 'general music' section? Arent there enough other areas to discuss U2 in already? Why isnt there a 'what U2 song are you listening to' thread in the U2 section? I know everyone has their own reasons, but I only look at this thread to see what other kinds of music people like and find out about good songs/bands, not to read about U2. I already know everyone here likes U2, it's redundant. (rant over) Anyways, I know there isnt any kind of real 'rule' or anything governing what you do or dont post here as long as it isnt out of line or complete spam, just my views on it all.

Why not mention it when you are listening to a U2 track? I generally don't see this as a discussion thread, so why not mention U2 here a couple of times? I mean, there aren't many U2 songs mentioned in these threads. I doubt it's more than 50 in a whole thread (thus 10%). So you still have 90% of other songs to find out about. :) And they can also remind you of a good U2 song, one you haven't heard for a while (every time I see someone mention Mercy I remind myself to listen to that one again, but I haven't done so for a long while).
In that light, even considering this is a U2 board, I always feel a bit awkward with thread titles suggesting/alleging that it is strange that we listen to anything other than U2. I like music and that includes U2 and a whole lot of other artists.

me: Neil Finn & Friends - Stuff And Nonsense
(from 7 Worlds Collide)

BTW, there was a U2-only listening thread in EYKIW some weeks ago. I deliberately avoided that one, as I like diversity. :)

Aardvark747 said:
Alice In Chains - Dam That River

:up: Great tune, quite possibly my favorite AIC song.

Lately.... been very hung up on traditional irish music. Mainly the Liam O'Roirdan CD I got on my honeymoon. I'm driving my husband crazy.

Lou Reed - Beginning Of A Great Adventure
(from New York)

Indeed it is, I just booked everything for Dublin in June!
:hyper:
:dance:

Mullen4Prez said:
U2 One tree hill :eyebrow:

tsk, tsk tsk! :mad:

The Church -- Tristesse (acoustic w/MWP on vocals -- I like it better w/SK singing :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom