Now I gotta see this - Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
from eonline.com....

OOMPA LOOMPA LAND: Johnny Depp coming aboard to star as chocolate maker Willy Wonka in Tim Burton's remake of the Roald Dahl classic Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory for Warner Bros. Shooting will start sometime next year.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Do we NEED to remake thiss one?

I think the 1972 version has a nice kitsch factor that will be screwed up with a newer version , even if it is Tim Burton (who I love).

This is my all time favorite movie. I would just hate to see it mucked up.

zonelistener said:
Do we NEED to remake thiss one?

I think the 1972 version has a nice kitsch factor that will be screwed up with a newer version , even if it is Tim Burton (who I love).

This is my all time favorite movie. I would just hate to see it mucked up.

Over time everything is going to get remade. I've already heard of plans the remake the original Star Wars trilogy. It's called original thinking in hollywood. They get paid for it, because we buy it.

as much as i love johnny depp and as much as i like some remakes of some movies... i dont think we need a remake of this movie. the 1972 is a classic that can't be replaced.

As much as I am against remakes..

I worship Tim Burton, I love Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, I love Roald Dahl, and I love Johnny Depp. In other words, I cannot wait for this movie. :drool:

Sorry, I have to agree with Zonelistener and Lilly......I too love Tim Burton, Johnnny Depp, and Roald Dahl, but the original can never be topped IMO, no matter who is involved. It's simply a classic and it's a waste of time, money, talent etc. that could be better spent doing something original. If they want to do another Dahl book, they should try The Twits or The BFG. Now that would interesting.

Last edited:
Why does this "Remake" thing exist only in the movies? You don't hear remade classic albums, view remade paintings, or read a remade novel. Is film the least credible art form out there? oh wait, I know the answer = $.

"Remade" paintings happen all the time. And then there are "poster prints" you can buy.

Songs are "remade" constantly (In the background, I hear the Ataris doing "Boys of Summer." Albums completely done? Why? A song is enough torture (+-75% of the time).

As for novels....I think you might be onto something. I think I might have a career here. I may just "remake" a lousy Stephen King novel by changing a few words here and there. I could make MILLIONS. "Carrie" By Zonelistener. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom