Now Eminem's Caught Lip-Syncing on TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Now Eminem's Caught Lip-Syncing on TV

Bosses of American satirical show Saturday Night Live were left embarrassed by Eminem last night when the rapper lipsynced through parts of his two performances on the show. A week after Ashlee Simpson's miming fiasco made headlines, Eminem failed to keep up with his own guide track as he performed politically-charged "Mosh" and new hit "Just Lose It." This came after guest host Kate Winslet poked fun at last week's lip-syncing controversy during her opening monologue. She said, "I'm thrilled to be hosting Saturday Night Live. I can assure you it is live because I'm hyperventilating a bit. I do however wish it wasn't the week after the Ashlee Simpson incident because now I really do have to perform live." Winslet then showed off her tap-dancing and singing skills - to prove that the show was completely live. Winslet's stint on the show was a hit - she played Norah Jones and a female Dr. Frankenstein in skits on the program. Meanwhile, Saturday Night Live writers further poked fun at Simpson when regular comic Horatio Sanz performed, Ashlee Simpson' you're a phoney...' to the tune of Elton John's "Tiny Dancer."

I really, really hope that U2 don't do like they did on the BBC when they play SNL. One of the reasons why their first performance on SNL was so good, imo, was because they improvised a little close to the end of Elevation and were clearly playing it all like they do live. :up:

the bono-brittney spears thing was reported on IMDB... it was never reported at all on any other entertainment news source. one would think that ET and all those other trashy TV tabloids woulda been all over such a story. they were not.

also, one would think that after the ashlee simpson thing that the entertainment news sources would be all over this story, too... which they are not. it might have happened, but i don't trust them.

Em's been lip syncing since the beginning of his career. I've seen several of his performances on award shows where it was pretty obvious.

I saw it, he was definitely lip synching. Maybe they were afraid of having to bleep him if he improvised? He did say s'thing like "bung hole", but I guess that's allowed :wink:. I would think it's difficult to do rap like his live on TV w/ out messing up

Lorne Michaels claimed on 60 Minutes Sunday that people don't lip synch on SNL unless they have a "dance segment" in their song. He also claimed he had no advance knowledge that Ashlee was going to lip synch.

Why would anything think U2 would lip-synch on SNL?? They don't do that except when they apparently had to on TOTP. Yeah, they use enhanced sound but Bono SINGS and croaks when he's hoarse and misses the high notes and improvises all the time.

Back
Top Bottom