nouvelle vague: too drunk to fuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i really didn't like that cd. the novelty wasn't even enough to make me enjoy the covers of the guns of brixton or teeange kicks :down:

I like it for the drums and for her voice, and the chords/ song itself :) I don´t know the album but might look for the cover Sweetest mentioned.

Novelty? :der: there´s nothing new no more. Creative development? Or new sounds for that matter, I turn to DnB or Electro. Mashing. Check out my man Vandal of the Digital Konfusion crew if you will.

Playing: DJ Vadim - Bluebirds. Very chill. :dance:

talking about the sound or the concept?

yertle-the-turtle said:
It's lounge covers of punk/new wave songs. That's still novelty.

If you think the concept is new, ok.. to me, it does not sound incredibly new and innovative (rather retro - the swing of the cymbals´rhythm creates a 60s jazzy mood which is also typical of the first acid jazz ninja tune records in 94), but then I don´t measure the quality of songs with a novelty meter.

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:
I wasn't referring to its concept.

I'm saying it's gimmicky.

Agreed. And gimmicky is novelty? Hmh, considering the mashup craze.

yertle-the-turtle said:

In a way it is. Dread Zeppelin, for example. It's a gimmick, and the result is a humourous novelty record.

Ok :hyper: -then Dub Side of the Moon by the Easy Star All Stars would fall into that category too.

Dutch Partygirl said:
I know this is not a topic about the Dead Kennedys, but I just want to say that I really love them... :wink:

that recent biafra with the melvins cd was pretty good. but other than that, biafra/DK piss me off.

Back
Top Bottom