notiti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
What's the deal with this rule regarding wearing U2 shirts to concerts:

You shouldn't wear the concert shirt for the concert you are attending at that concert because then you are "that guy".

Now, here's another question:

What if, you wear a U2 shirt from a previous concert to the current concert you are attending currently. Will you still be "that guy?".

------------------
"that guys" are people too.

How about if you wear the same U2 t-shirt everyday? Are you "that guy"?

Not saying I wear the same U2 shirt every day. I love the Gap too much.

------------------
"And I can feel the cold steel. And I can make a wound that won't heal."- Bono

First of all, Bama, it's pronounced Noteetee and you best not mess with her cause she's a six foot tall punk girl and she will open up a can of whup-ass on you if you're not careful!

Well, obviously notiti hasn't checked the forum in a few days but she will return soon and offer us a complete explanation. I believe it was from the movie SLC Punk, but I could be wrong.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

actually i think it's from PCU (which is pretty terrible movie, by the way). i have no idea why i remembered that. i have a tendency to remember only things that will be of no help to me in the future.

whoopass_small.gif

HA! Sorry had toemerge fromdrunken stupor. (Damn you JAckDaniels! Wait,no Jack I didn't mean it, come back...)
The "that guy" reference comes from PCU, but DON'T be that guy! I own like 5 some U2 shirts, and you will never see me in one at a show, it just superflous. Yeah we know you like the band, you are at the show, it goes with out saying, you don't need a shirt to claim your aligence, even if it is from another tour. Other band shirts are ok, but ya know, just don't be that guy. Damn!

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~kljense3/MrTvs.html

Wow that's interesting becuase it bugs me when I see people with other bands shirts on.

eek.

Originally posted by Spiral_Staircase:
the fact that I'm not supposed to be "that guy", is what drives me to be "that guy" at every concert I go to. There's getting to be fewer and fewer "that guy"'s around, so I figure somebody's got to do it.
And we all get together after the show and laugh about "that girl", the one who mocks us for being "that guy". There's one at every show, you know?!?! It's hilarious.

Don't be "that girl".

[This message has been edited by Spiral_Staircase (edited 11-30-2001).]
I am gonna have to contest this one, because there are TONS of that guy hanging around at all times. Especially at U2 shows. And I'm like "damn B why you gotta front?"
Oh and as to the "that girl" remark. I will sleep in your carcas, you can be sure of that. Don't mock the punk chicks, they is surley.

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~kljense3/MrTvs.html

the fact that I'm not supposed to be "that guy", is what drives me to be "that guy" at every concert I go to. There's getting to be fewer and fewer "that guy"'s around, so I figure somebody's got to do it.
And we all get together after the show and laugh about "that girl", the one who mocks us for being "that guy". There's one at every show, you know?!?! It's hilarious.

Don't be "that girl".

[This message has been edited by Spiral_Staircase (edited 11-30-2001).]

The punk chicks is surly, but I am shady. And you know what they always say, "shady is as surley does". They always say that.

Anyway, you're right. That guy are everywhere, and they need to be kept in check, but total elimination? Come on.
Just trying to keep a balance between punk chicks and that guy. It's a symbiotic relationship. It wouldn't be any fun to be punk if that guy wasn't out there being....whatever he is.

Wear more slacks.

Originally posted by Screaming Flower:
actually i think it's from PCU (which is pretty terrible movie, by the way). i have no idea why i remembered that. i have a tendency to remember only things that will be of no help to me in the future.

It's standard procedure fostered by the ethanol inhalation on off football weekends.

L. Unplugged

Originally posted by Lemonite:
Surprised to see no 'pie' reference.. HAHAHA.. How long did it take ya to come up with that one.

L.Unplugged

Well I guess I better pick up the slack...

The pie is also evil
icon14.gif

Har har
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom