Nothing to win and nothing left to lose..............just DESCRIBING!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VertigoGal: Ahh, I see. That's pretty cool. I'm from a fairly rural area with a small population (there were 125 students in my graduating class), so I guess we don't have the demand for as many courses or whatever. :shrug:

As for the college rowing, I really enjoy it...but then again, I had never rowed before so I couldn't really give you a comparative analysis or anything. :shrug: I guess it depends on where you go as to how expensive it will be - for example, at my school rowing is a club sport, which means we have to pay dues, engage in fundraising, etc., but I know of some schools where it's a much more competitive varsity sport and the rowers pretty much get a free ride, complete with jackets, spandex unis, etc. Personally, I'm fine with the club rowing, because even though it's fairly expensive (about $300 per semester for novice, counting dues and fundraising obligations), there are generally lots of fundraising opportunities, and you get to row in a competitive setting that isn't quite so cutthroat. (Wow, that was a long sentence! :lol: ) I expect the time issue would be pretty much the same anywhere you go, though - crew does tend to consume your life a bit! :wink:

AP credit also depends on which school you go to, I think. Most colleges will accept 4s and 5s, but there are some variations - like in my case, the school accepts 4s in some subjects, but for my APUSH credit to count, I would've needed to get a 5. (Does that make sense? I'm lousy at explaining things, sorry. :eek: ) Hope that answers at least some of your questions - and if not, I'll try to do a better job next time. :wink:

thanks for the explanation cabcere. :up:

my schools pretty big (about 700 in my class)...so we have quite a few. that's basically what i'm looking for in college rowing. i'm pretty small for a rower, about 5'3, so i don't want to be involved in anything too hardcore/cutthroat as you described it. :wink:

anyway thanks for the info :)

VertigoGal said:
thanks for the explanation cabcere. :up:

my schools pretty big (about 700 in my class)...so we have quite a few. that's basically what i'm looking for in college rowing. i'm pretty small for a rower, about 5'3, so i don't want to be involved in anything too hardcore/cutthroat as you described it. :wink:

anyway thanks for the info :)

Sure thing, glad to help! :wink:

Yay, I'm "good!" :hyper: Thanks Kayla, I feel loved now. :) You guys rock! :hug:

VG, if you're gonna be here for a bit.. I'll repost Led Zeppelin's In My Time Of Dying :wink:

but only if you listen to it and not let it expire! :shame:

:wink:

actually zootles, i really really need to go take a shower now. i need to get a good nights sleep for this rowing thing tomorrow and i havent showered or got my shit together yet.

but i'll be back on in like half an hour for a little so post it and i promise i shall listen. :angel:

did you like that Velvet Underground stuff I sent you awhile ago? I'm really liking that stuff tonight :drool:

^^ okay, I'll post it as soon as you're back! :hyper:

Yeah, I heard that VU stuff but just once... remember liking the build up of Heroin... must listen to those songs again!

In fact you sent me quite a few songs... so much that my Classic Rock folder automatically got a VU 'banana' icon from my windows oper sys! :lol:

^ red!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

don't go :(

:wink:

Yeah I know what you're saying. I would have gone out but my doctor has advised me against drinking for a while :sigh: and I gotta give a blood test tomorrow!

Tomorrow night we're getting a motherload of snow so there's no way I can go out then either! :no:

Zootlesque said:
Yeah I know what you're saying. I would have gone out but my doctor has advised me against drinking for a while :sigh: and I gotta give a blood test tomorrow!

Tomorrow night we're getting a motherload of snow so there's no way I can go out then either! :no:

Oh no...hope everything's okay. :hug:

You know how you really didn't think you wanted to do anything, then suddenly you do, but it's too late? :huh: That's me.

We've gotten snow the past few days. :mad: Haven't really had any since mid December.

Back
Top Bottom