north american's! what's everyone doing for your national holiday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
hi everybody!

everyone loves their country! and as we all know early july is national holiday time in north america. so what are you doing?

i'm gonna be camping in algonquin park for 4 whole days. i even rented an suv to drive there. and i hate suv's. its gonna be fun though

sillykobe.:wink:

i need a vacation.

hi sillykobun. i am going home to see my family and partake in my town's annual petunia festival.

Re: i need a vacation.

Screaming Flower said:
hi sillykobun
petunia festival.

petunias-brj.jpg

hi sf:)
sounds pretty craaaaaaaaazy!

prolly hang out with Lemon Meringue and her hubby at their place. Grill some food, drink some beer, sit on the deck and listen to U2. Pretty low-key.

creepy. :ohmy:

Here is why. I have to take my ex roommate who I am apt sitting for to the airport. Well she has an ass load of stuff and it will fit easier in her car and she drives and SUV (aka Ford earth destroyer) and she was telling me not to drive it while she is gone cuz there might be some thing wrong with it. I told her that would not be a problem cuz I don't like SUVs. I was saying all that right when I looked at this post.

As for my plans......actually I have not given it much thought. Some people did ask me to go camping but I don't really feel comfortable going unless there are more people going. The reason is is that my old military boss asked me if I wanted to go with her and her husband. I said that is cool. Well then she told me that there is this other guy going from work and I know he likes me and if I were to go I would not like the math. Know what I mean. I can hang and chill with my friend and her husband cuz they are cool peps but I would just feel odd. I told her I would go it she found at least one other person to go. I don't care if it is a male or female. Just as long as there is another person. If that falls through I will prob do nothing. That would be odd because it would be like the first weekend in like a month that I did not do anything. Last weekend I went to six flags, the weekend before that I went to Corpus Christi on the coast, the weekend before that I went to Enchanted rock in Fredricsberg, and so on. Oh well. I guess that is TMI. Sorry.

ghetofabu said:
creepy. :ohmy:

Here is why. I have to take my ex roommate who I am apt sitting for to the airport. Well she has an ass load of stuff and it will fit easier in her car and she drives and SUV (aka Ford earth destroyer) and she was telling me not to drive it while she is gone cuz there might be some thing wrong with it. I told her that would not be a problem cuz I don't like SUVs. I was saying all that right when I looked at this post.

that isssss creeeeepy.

my dad has one, and he's had others for prolly 5 years now.
they don't feel good.

sports cars for me please.

Bonochick said:
Dad and I will probably just be stayin' in and watchin' TV.

awww.... :) :) :heart: I don't know why, but reading this made me weepy/happy in that I-just-saw-a-commercial-with-puppies-and-kitties way. :) :)

This is actually my thing. I like full sized coupes. Big but not. I really like a clean line on a car. This is about as close to perfect as it gets for me. I have a 97 accord 4 door EX. This will be my next car though. But in the Dark green that I have now. It is such a dark green it looks black in some lights. The only thing that irks me is that the EX (fully loaded) V6 only comes in auto trans. I can go down a step in class and still get the V6 in manual. But I want it fully loaded. *pouts*:grumpy:

Once again I am ramlbing. Sorry I just think it is the day for it for me.

Some days are better that others. :sexywink:

2drloc2.jpg

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
If not, I'll prolly just hang out at home in the air conditioning and amuse myself. :tongue:

Is that what the kids are callin it these days.:lol:

elevatedmole said:
participating the happy blue land otherwise known as Interference.

See you there! :)

I'm definitely avoiding all the DC insanity and staying up in good ol' Maryland, reading, downloading music, sleeping, and maybe watching a movie.

I was going to Fort Benning GA for my best friends airborne graduation but he got bumped back a week soooooo now I'm sure I'll spend the morning in the kitchen making food for the cookout my friends and I always have, then eat way too much, drink just enough and then walk to see the fireworks. The fourth is always a fun holiday for me!:wink:

i'm going to the lovely, fabulous city of ocean city, maryland with my husband doctor gonzo, and my parents. :eek:

we'll be meeting up with my grandfather, and my husband will even get to meet my anorexic aunt for a day! :barf: (heh, she's bulimic too so i guess that was a bad pun...)

i haven't been since 1998 and that visit brings me nothing but bad memories so hopefully i'll get to make some good ones this time! :)

Having a barbeque at my place, then going out with my brother and a bunch of guys for his bachelor party (wedding is the next day). I think our plan is to rent a limo for the night and just go bar hopping in San Francisco. Although the bars will no doubt be packed...at least we won't have to worry about driving. :D

The freeways in and around Orange County are murder on holidays so I will probably stay close to home and enjoy a free day with my hubby, maybe a BBQ and some beer and a fireworks show at the park. My kids already have plans so it should be pretty quiet around here. :yes:

Naya said:
I celebrated my national holiday last weekend
vive le qu?bec :)

naya, your day of celebration of the nation is the same as the rest of the nation is it not?;):):D

if i had taken a position with CAE(hull) instead of NSERC(ottawa) i would have had all dem holidays, damn

I'm probably doing nothing on the actual canada day but the night before I'm going to a CD release party for King Nancy.(a great band, I'll get some sounds up here somewhere when I get the cd)

I'm invited to the pre-cd release where they have 20 dozen beer and lots of food all free of charge for me :)
I need that at this point!!

I'm gonna keep it simple. Eat large amounts of unhealthy food and smoke large amounts of weed. Aww Hell, I'll really go nuts! Large amounts of beer! God Bless America!

Back
Top Bottom