north american total lunar eclipse tonite! october 27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
this will be the last total lunar eclipse for a while, till 2007 i believe.

here's a link with the info.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2004/13oct_lunareclipse.htm

time chart is on the website above. (totality begins 10:23pm eastern time, but eclipse actually begins 9:14 pm)

hope y'all get to see it. unfortunately it's cloudy here with a 40% chance of rain so i probably won't get to. :sigh:

How will the moon look on Oct 27th? Corpse white. Pumpkin orange. Blood red. Maybe all three.

just in time for halloween! :mac:

how did you know :wink:

thankfully the skies have started to clear :hyper:

i just took this pic with my digital camera! can't see much detail of the moon but you can see the chunk taken out of it by the earth's shadow! i'm gonna try to take pics every 5 minutes or so...

eclipse1.jpg

:D

Last edited:
seriously cloudy right now on the southeast coast of NC... :eyebrow: that figures! thanks for posting your pics Abel - the first one is great! :up:

It's pissing rain here. :grumpy:

I was even going to go see it in a professional observatory with my Astronomy class, tonight too.

well i saw most of it anyway...totality started at 9:23 central time for me. but now the clouds are starting to move in again. i'll post the rest of my pics soon as i get them resized and uploaded.

We have clear skies for once in Seattle and I have a perfect view of it from my own yard. I'm taking pictures too.

well i didn't crop these perfectly the same size, but i tried to get them close enough.

8:31pm
DSC02966_eclipse1_831.jpg

8:31pm
DSC02965_eclipse2_831.jpg

8:39pm
DSC02969_eclipse3_839.jpg

8:40pm
DSC02971_eclipse4_840.jpg

8:51pm
DSC02974_eclipse5_851.jpg

:yikes: yikes i don't know why those are all so big :no:

it's late, i'm getting tired, that's why :|

9:09pm
DSC02977_eclipse7_909.jpg

9:25pm
DSC02979_eclipse8_925.jpg

9:26pm
DSC02980_eclipse9_926.jpg

those are great calluna! do you have a telescope? i just used my digital camera without any attachments or telescope.

I guess those are stars, ABEL.

I used my digital camera too but it was set up on the tripod and I used the optical zoom.

Back
Top Bottom