Nomar Garciapara... from one loser to another. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 08-06-2004, 01:10 AM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 01:30 AM
Now the last thing Sox ownership didn't consider was the kids. If you ask Red Sox fans age 12 and under who their favorite player is (before this weekend of course) 19 out of 20 have the same one word answer: "Nomar". These kids don't know or care about million dollar salaries, they just loved Nomar and many are very disillusioned this morning.

ah...the reason my brother broke the remote control.

Old 08-08-2004, 02:56 AM   #17
The Fly
Local Time: 05:30 AM
here's my trade story.

i'm a twins fan (have been my whole life...) and i really wanted to see doug go. i wanted him to go a good team where he deserves a new start, and i wanted to see morneau get the playing time he deserves too... hmm.

that saturday boston was in town and my dad had four tickets. i took a friend of mine down. on the way down to the game, we toyed with the idea of doug getting traded to the sox and nomah coming to the twins (we knew THAT wouldn't happen, but we both love nomah.)
we were actually about three hours early to the game and with no access to trade updates and whatnot we were in the dark... until...
we were both filling out our score cards. it gave the number of the person to play first for the bosox (#13), but there wasn't a thirteen on the card, so amazingly enough... i turn to andy (my friend you know.) and say... "what if..."
he says..."NO WAY!"

i have to admit it was strange to see doug playing against the same guys he played with the day before, but it was a refreshing change... now the twins better hope those prospects work out...

peace, love & bad lemon,
toni the acropolis crumbling?

Old 08-08-2004, 10:21 AM   #18
love, blood, life
Local Time: 11:30 PM
Twins fan here...sad to see Doug go.

He wasn't really producing as well as he had...but he was a good guy.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:45 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
this is a case of theo epstein being so obsessed with beating that yankees that he would attempt to screw his two best players, manny & nomar... manny is a space cadet and doesn't really care... nomar cared, and i don't blame him. the red sox didn't get the best end of this deal, but it was a deal that they had to make.

just imagine this...

game 7... fenway... cubs vs. red sox... one curse has to end... nomar smacks a double off the monster to score the go-ahead run in the top of the 9th... cubs go on to win the series... red sox fans collectively jump into the charles river.

I wonder if Vegas bookies are taking odds on this.

Seriously though, the trade makes perfect baseball sense for the Sox -- Nomar clearly wanted out of Boston, so the Sox had to cut their losses here. (And Nomar has to bear some of the responsibility for the disintegration of this relationship.)

But you are right, karma will bite the Sox in the ass.