Noel Gallagher Speaks Again (Radiohead, etc)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Oasis' Noel Gallagher commented on the new Radiohead sound, saying, "I heard the single. I like it because it doesn't annoy me. But then again with Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood in a band, they're going to be great, put them together and you get genius."

"But I don't get the whole angst thing," he mused. "I don't likeThe Vines, except for 'Get Free' - great track, but what have they got to be pissed off about? They live in Sydney, the most beautiful city in the word. The Coral come from Liverpool and they have the right to be pissed off, but they write beautiful songs about how great life could be - they are geniuses.

"Radiohead have sold twenty million albums and they're still miserable? I can tell you from personal experience - it's not that bad. Trust me."

:lmao: He makes some valid points, actually.

Last edited:
well, one thing I have to say: as much as I enjoy the new radiohead material, after reading some interviews with the band about their attitude on the state of the world ("the gloaming"), I find their views a little depressing.

I prefer u2's attitude of "it's gonna be ok" as opposed to radiohead's "the state of the world sucks".

salome is just disappointed there arent more acdc threads. why not make a beach boys thread?

jofo, i respect both attitudes by both bands. but i dont find radiohead to be depressing, though i can see why some do.

Back
Top Bottom