Noel Gallagher on lead vocals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monke

The Fly
i looked around and didnt find this posted

im "new" to oasis, but they have moved up my ranking really fast, and i find Noel on lead vocals MUCH better than Liam, hes ok, but Noel shoud defintley (maybe) consider becoming lead (or at least more often:drool:

now, it took me a while to realise that on some songs it was a diferent brother singing, but now that i know i was wonderin if anybody had a list of the song in wich Noel sings lead, be it album or b side, but only studio recordings, would really apreciate it

YOU ARE ALL CRAZY!!!....and entitled to your own opinion...:wink:

Like Noel said himself (Lord Don't Slow Me Down) He's the better singer but Liam has the better voice...

Anyways here you go as far as I know...

Sad Song
D'yer Wanna Be a Spaceman
Don't Look Back in Anger
Step Out
Magic Pie
Acquiesce (Sings Chorus)
Talk Tonight
Going Nowhere
Half the World Away
The Masterplan
Where Did it All Go Wrong?
Sunday Morning Call
Force of Nature
Little by Little
She is Love
Mucky Fingers
The Importance of Being Idle
Part of the Queue
Let There Be Love (Sings the Bridge)
Who Put the Weight of the World on My Shoulders?

You should get the MTV unplugged bootleg where Noel sings lead for the entire performance...Hope you discover all thier great songs...need a list for that too? ....i got time..... (i like making lists)

Last edited:
It depends.

I'd pick Liam to sing something like Cigarettes and Alcohol or other "rockers" you know?

But Noel should sing the ballads no matter what.

HolyMeximofoJoe said:

Like Noel said himself (Lord Don't Slow Me Down) He's the better singer but Liam has the better voice...

Sad Song
Don't Look Back in Anger
Step Out
Magic Pie
Acquiesce (Sings Chorus)
Talk Tonight
Going Nowhere
Half the World Away
The Masterplan
Sunday Morning Call
Force of Nature
Little by Little
She is Love
Mucky Fingers
Part of the Queue

You should get the MTV unplugged bootleg where Noel sings lead for the entire performance...Hope you discover all thier great songs...need a list for that too? ....i got time..... (i like making lists)

wow thanks didnt know a couple of those (dont look..., sad song), and by bootleg, you mean theres no oficial realease, any idea how i might get it (im think p2p)

wow thanks a lot, just the unplugged would be great:drool:

son_of_hyrule at hotmail.com

...lol crap.... i just remembered i deleted it after i put it in my ipod... but don't worry i've already found em again so just give me an hour or so and they'll be in your mail.... or perhaps ill just post the link on here....

aww damn scratch that ill send em tomorrow... they're downloading pretty slow and sometimes don't wanna download at all... but it's all well worth the wait!

Last edited:
wow, thanks a lot

the rockin edge:the whole boot would be great, no liam

HolyMeximofoJoe:Wichever you prefer, if you want just post the link and ill download it, if not, ill be waitin for the mail

thanks

:drool: :drool:

HolyMeximofoJoe said:

Sad Song
Don't Look Back in Anger
Step Out
Magic Pie
Acquiesce (Sings Chorus)
Talk Tonight
Going Nowhere
Half the World Away
The Masterplan
Sunday Morning Call
Force of Nature
Little by Little
She is Love
Mucky Fingers
Part of the Queue

Do you mind if I add a few B-sides that you've missed?

Take Me Away (not that great to be honest)
Idler's Dream
Full On
Carry Us All
Gettin' Older
Shout It Out Loud
(You've Got) The Heart Of A Star
The Fame
Flashbax
It's Better People
One Way Road
Let's All Make Believe
(As Long As They've Got) Cigarettes In Hell
Angel Child (demo)
Heroes (cover and a pretty bad one IMHO)
Sittin' Here In Silence On My Own (I think Noel sings lead vocal. I've not heard the track though)
Up In The Sky (acoustic :drool: )

Good luck tracking that little lot down monke! :wink:

And I agree with HolyMeximofoJoe about Noel singing all the songs- you guys ARE crazy!! ;)

No, Liam's voice is past its best but I just can't see Noel being able to sing songs like Eyeball Ticker as well as Liam and I think Songbird would've lost a lot of its charm if Noel had sung it. That said, Noel is the better technical singer. I love 'em both :up:

Love Liam and everything about him. He's got a great rock & roll voice and a great, great frontman.

Whereas Noel is one of the greatest songwriters of our generation. And he also, in my opinion, has the best voice for songs done acoustically.

Just go on youtube and check out Noel's recent acoustic performances from Paris and London to promote their new best of, Stop the Clocks

thanks for the unplugged, it was great, and i have a lot of b sides to track down (idlers dream:drool: ) thanks a lot

LemonMacPhisto said:
It depends.

I'd pick Liam to sing something like Cigarettes and Alcohol or other "rockers" you know?

But Noel should sing the ballads no matter what.

Agreed, but did you ever hear Noel slaughter "Heroes," Christ, what he did to that song should be used as punishment to really bad people!

jimmmm said:

Agreed, but did you ever hear Noel slaughter "Heroes," Christ, what he did to that song should be used as punishment to really bad people!

That version was plain awful anyways and I love "Heroes".

TheQuiet1 said:

Do you mind if I add a few B-sides that you've missed?

Take Me Away (not that great to be honest)
Idler's Dream
Full On
Carry Us All
Gettin' Older
Shout It Out Loud
(You've Got) The Heart Of A Star
The Fame
Flashbax
It's Better People
One Way Road
Let's All Make Believe
(As Long As They've Got) Cigarettes In Hell
Angel Child (demo)
Heroes (cover and a pretty bad one IMHO)
Sittin' Here In Silence On My Own (I think Noel sings lead vocal. I've not heard the track though)
Up In The Sky (acoustic :drool: )

One to add: Solve My Mystery
One to take off: Let's All Make Believe (Liam sings this one)

Noel is great.... but his voice is NOT as good as Liam. It's like if in the 80s people preferred Edge to Bono.

his singing on The Masterplan is horrendous

not like that song has many merits anyway
but the singing really makes me want to fling the radio out in the backgarden

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom